“LA Retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Park City, Utah
“LA Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This resort is perfect if you want to get away from LA. The design and layout are beautiful and the rooms are very well designed and smart. We loved having a fireplace and it made it a very romantic getaway yet with LA within easy reach. The restaurants and overall feel exude class and the gardens add to the charm. This is a must hotel while staying in LA.

Room Tip: Get a fireplace room with patio.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear VoxVolpe,

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your romantic getaway at Hotel Bel-Air, from the gardens…to the rooms…to the restaurant…to the overall atmosphere.

We hope to see you again

Denise Flanders

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Prior to my visit I received a phone call from the Hotel manager making me aware that the room I booked online was not going to be available during my visit yet they were going to upgrade me to a similar. She answered every question and concern I had regarding the change of rooms. When I arrived the manager and staff welcomed me and my two children very warmly and extremely friendly. The manager took it upon herself to give us a tour of the Hotel and our room. She wanted to make sure we were happy and comfortable with everything. She even showed us how to use all the technology in the rooms. My upgrade was wonderful and my children (ages 4 and 10) loved their room, which was adjoining to mine because they each got their own bed whereas they were going to have to share one before our upgrade. We ate a late lunch at the lounge and it was wonderful the staff went out of their way to get ranch sauce for my kids' chicken strips. I had the tortilla soup (the best I've had anywhere). I've stayed at many Hotels and this one is at the top of my list for friendly service. However rating the restaurant separately was not as exceeding in expectations which I was expecting the staff their to be just as exceptional yet it was not. When visiting the Hotel restaurant the Hostess told me the wait would be about 10 minutes. I had 2 children it was late about 7:30 and the only other options I felt I had were either room service or getting my car and using GPS to find the nearest fast food drive thru. Because lunch went so well earlier I thought dinner would be similar, yet my children and I ended up waiting well over 30 minutes after being told a few minutes. We had to stand the entire time as their were no seats for waiting guest and not once did the hostess update us on the status of of our wait even though she could clearly see my children were getting restless and complaining they were hungry. When we finally got seated it was at a table that was available the entire time we were standing their waiting. Our dinner was not as tasty as our lunch we had earlier. Our night in the room went great the beds were very comfortable for all of us and we had a very wonderful night of sleep. In the morning I ordered room service and again as dinner the food was not good at all. Both my kids only ate bacon and toast off my plate. I had eggs which were mushy and the waffles and pancakes for my kids (straight from the kids menu) were uneatable for our taste. They both said "gross" to their food and I tasted for myself and I wouldn't have even ate it either. Check out was very fast and easy. I would return to this Hotel again and request the same room since I know it is perfect for me and my children however I would limit our dining to just lunch next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear DreamComeTrue07,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. It is great to hear how impressed you were with the service provided to you and the rooms your family stayed in. I am extremely disappointed to hear your feedback regarding your dining experience, I can assure you this certainly does not reflect the standards we have at Hotel Bel-Air. Please know that I have spoken with the Director of Food and Beverage and he will reach out to you directly to discuss a resolution. I am most grateful to you for taking the time to outline the shortcomings in your experience, as it is by means of such constructive feedback that we are able to improve the standards of service we offer our guests here at Hotel Bel-Air.

Denise Flanders

We look forward to welcoming your family back to Hotel Bel-Air.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was my second stay at the Hotel Bel Air... We went to L.A. for a week, with my sons 10 and 7 yrs old, for Easter break and at first I tried to stay at the sister property: the Beverly Hills Hotel. Unfortunately, they didn't have two connecting rooms. So I called the Bel Air and they were able to find something very quickly.

The staff is lovely, very responsive and efficient. Of course, it was an expensive stay, but it was well worth it and you get good value for your money.

The rooms are truly beautiful and luxurious. The grounds are gorgeous and peaceful. It's truly an oasis in L.A. You almost feel at home when you're there. The kids enjoyed being by the pool and we took many day trips around the city, such as Universal Studio, Hollywood, etc... (You do need to rent a car!)

The hotel had organized an Easter Egg hunt and a wonderful Easter brunch. It was a lot of fun for the kids... and for us. Everything is always perfect for me at the Bel Air Hotel. It's luxurious but understated and tasteful.

I had been there before it was renovated and many people complain that it has lost some of its charm... Well, maybe it's true for the locals that don't like when you mess with a good thing, but personally, I don't agree. I think they did a great job in keeping the feel of the place and bringing in a few modern touches.

I highly recommend this place to all my friends planning a trip to LA.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Eric M,

It was a pleasure hosting your family on your Easter trip to Los Angeles. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the service provided to you.

It means a great to deal to us to know that you love the "new" Hotel Bel-Air. We felt a tremendous responsibility to maintain the hotel's beloved feel while making it relevant for today's luxury traveler. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming your family back to Hotel Bel-Air.

Bullhead City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I surprised my husband with a three day stay at the Hotel Bel-Air for Father's Day and we both thought it was the most amazing wonderful place you could be in L.A. The warmth and service was superb luxury from the valet, bellman, checkin, grounds, room, housekeeping, restaurant, concierge, bar, pool, spa, and gift shop. We were lucky enough be there and get reservations to Wolfgang Puck's exclusive Chef's Dinner on Tuesday, June 18. The food and wine was the unbelievable! What a wonderful experience! Our experience was even more exceptional with our personal encounters with Wolfgang and Adam - Thank you both for making our stay so very special! We look forward in returning to the Hotel Bel-Air and coming to the next big dinner and the Fall! Cerisse and Vincent, Las Vegas

Room Tip: The deluxe room with a patio was awesome!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Cerisse and Vincent,

It sounds like you planned the ultimate Father’s Day trip! Thank you for celebrating this special day with us. I am glad to hear our staff provided you with superb service throughout your stay and helped create everlasting memories. We look forward to your return and will make sure to keep you updated with news on the next dinner.

See you soon!

Ryazan, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

In this hotel I was vacationing in January! Despite this I got an excellent impression of it! From the moment you arrive at this hotel, you will realize that there is nothing ordinary about this hotel. This hotel is good for people who believe that a great experience and tended to spend the money well. We loved the grounds and our room had a huge patio where we could have breakfast. They had a nice gym and a car that will take you within 5 miles of the hotel. Beautiful setting, gorgeous hotel, it is not for the faint at heart, if money - your someone, but this experience once in a lifetime at the Los Angeles, which offers the most privacy. I'd like to repair this property. We were bumped up to a lovely suite, which was very private and quiet. We had a beautiful room with a flat-screen TV on the gas fireplace.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Irina D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Set on 12 acres in the middle of the beautiful neighborhood of Bel-Air, the hotel provides the ultimate environment for an urban retreat.

It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Bel-Air, please come back and see us again!

Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

From the moment we arrived I felt amazing
The service was excellent you felt very special
The hotel & grounds where breath taking
I can honestly say this is the very best hotel I have stayed in !
I did not want to leave , the vibe was chilled yet in the evening a great mix of fabulous people
If you like stylist Hollywood glamour it's for you
Can't wait to return
Added plus we met Wolfgang puck what a charming gentleman .

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room !
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear cheryl h,

It is an honor to hear you consider Hotel Bel-Air the best hotel you have ever stayed in, what a compliment! I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us, we look forward to your return.

Ojai, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

From the moment you arrive, the service is above all others! Every attention to detail from the arrival, check-in and entrance into your room leaves you breathless!. We had lunch in the Wolf Gang restaurant with top notch service and food, our room has every amenity including a Bang and Olufsen television and sound system. Over the Top!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with private patio
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear anninojai,

It’s lovely to hear that our service took your breath away! It was truly a pleasure hosting you on your recent visit, we very much look forward to your return.

Denise Flanders

Been to Hotel Bel-Air? Share your experiences!