“The Perfect Hotel and LOCATON!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE

You added JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #20 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Michigan
“The Perfect Hotel and LOCATON!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have not been in LA for a number of years, but was pleasantly surprised at my stay with the JW Marriott at LA Live. The room was large, bathroom and shower outstanding, the service was great, and the location was the best you could ask for. Staples Center is 50 yards away, great restaurants, shopping and people activities were included in the LA Live center. This is the only place to stay.... Our experienced was made even better when the Michigan State Spartans won their game in dramatic fashion, to take home the 2014 Rose Bowl. All things considered, this was the place to be.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at the JW for 5 nights on the second leg of a wonderful Cali vacation - right before the Michigan /Stanford Rose Bowl Game. Needless to say - the Michigan energy at the hotel was at a fever pitch. Despite all this I would like to report a remarkable instance of customer service. On Dec. 31st, our daughter met us at the hotel ready to hike up to the Griffith observatory - highly recommended. I had a backpack, fanny pack etc. At the start of the hike I noticed that the fanny pack with my drivers license, cash and Amex card wasn't there. Must have left it at the hotel? Went on the hike, had a fabulous meal in Los Feliz, toured downtown LA, finally making it back to the JW around 4pm. Went to the room - no fanny pack - flying out the next day. There was a message on the phone - lost and found had an item they thought belonged to me! The gal brought my fanny pack to the room - she said one of the bellman brought it to the front desk and they turned it into her. Wow. Customer service is alive and well at the JW in LA. I can't thank you enough for a wonderful stay which could have had a very stressful ending. Happy New Year!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I travel frequently for business and pleasure. This year I've stayed at most of the Marriott brands having stayed at a Residence Inn, Courtyard, Marriott, Renaissance, JW Marriott ( this one and Houston ) as well as Ritz Carlton. We stayed in an upgraded room and the rate was $500/night. At that rate the comps are the Relais & Chateaux brand which I've been lucky enough to stay at a few this year

The room while having a decent view was not comparable to others in the price range. There was no separate tub, only a shower. Check in service was fine for a Courtyard. At other higher end hotels I've been greeted with a beverage. At Mandarin Oriental, a hot towel and tea. Not here.

During our stay I found something on my tablet that I wanted to print. I called the front desk and they said no problem our business center is located on the 3rd floor. Great, I head down where they inform me to print out a single page is $7/15 minute usage fee plus a per page charge. What?!? The lowly Hampton Inn I've stayed at allowed me to use their computer to print anything I want ( that was $90/ night ) for no charge as have many other hotels.

We purchased a nice bottle of wine which we wanted to enjoy which brings me to my next failure in service. I couldn't find the corkscrew in the room. I've probably stayed at 50 different hotels recently, all brands across a wide variety of "value" as they say . All of them, even the lowly Residence Inn of Marriott, had a corkscrew in the room or would deliver one when asked. The JW in LA? They had one which they charged me $4 for the use of and $4 to deliver!

When we ordered room service they said call us and we will pick up the table, standard stuff. We had finished our breakfast and were enjoying some coffee in bed when we are interrupted by a knock on the door. I get out of bed to ask what do they want. The employee is there to collect our table because he was in the neighborhood. We hadn't finished and hadn't called but it was more convenient to the employee then the guest so he was getting the table. This sums up the JW in LA. "Service" means what's best for them not the guest

I've had better service at the $90 Hampton Inn or Residence Inn. This is the second worst hotel experience I've had in decades. Stay away!

Stayed January 2014
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We loved our stay over New Years (while attending the Rose Bowl activities and the game itself) at the JW Marriott. The rooms are spacious and plush, bathrooms are well designed, with a great shower, and good amenities. Service was cheerful. The location is great, adjoining the LA Live complex and the Ritz Carlton. The beds were comfy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The J.W. Marriott at L. A. LIVE is an excellent hotel. We were in town for the Rose Bowl. The rooms are immaculately clean and spacious with many comfort touches, including excellent linens and extremely comfortable beds. The rooms are completely sound proofed. The meeting and banquet areas are well appointed and all in excellent repair. The location is also terrific for Los Angles sporting venues. With the transportation system, all areas of LA are easily accessible.

Room Tip: All of the rooms throughout are sound proofed, with good views of the city.
Green Features: Recycling is part of the Marriott philosophy, so there is attention paid to materials used in packaging of toiletries, glassware, etc.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I love this hotel, this is the first luxury hotel I ever been in. It was close to almost everything except for the train station, the pool was nice awesome and friendly staff I first had a problem with the friends and family rate but was able to figure it out, I would love this Hotel even more if the internet was free but oh well no big deal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were greeted by friendly ballet. When we walked in there was an amazing smell! They have some kind of atomizer going on somewhere. It's settled but it's wonderful. We went to the bar to get a drink and the bartender was very very helpful and went out of his way for us. I really wish I could remember his name. He was a sweetheart. We then checked in with a young
man named Jacob, I believe it was, he was beyond helpful when he noticed we were looking for a place to eat he made a suggestion then he made a call and when we went to eat there the manager Treated us very special and even took several items off our bill as a thank you. The rooms were clean and everything was very pretty but when you get amazing service, and you are taken care of in such a beautiful way that makes you definitely want to come back, which we
will!!

• Stayed December 2013

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE? Share your experiences!