“All business- great service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE

You added JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #18 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Guelph, Canada
“All business- great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were there on business and happened to relax as well. Fully enjoyed the pool and gym. The area was a buzz with celeb's as the emmy's was on across at L.A Live...Room was O.K. Not much else to see in this area

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect for any time you need to be in the downtown area of LA. Besides being in the heart of LA Live, you can walk to many restaurants and bars. Short cab ride to the airport without the traditional LA traffic one would expect.

Pool is great, although the pool bar tends to close around 5 due to the sun ducking behind the buildings. Would have be nice for it to stay open a little later.

Room Tip: I liked my room over looking the Nokia theater.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at the JM Marriott LA LIVE over the Labor Day Holiday. My room was what I expected for this hotel. The staff is very professional and treated me very well. I liked Valet Parking because attendants always asked me “can I give you directions” or “do you need any help with anything”. Valet Parking was $40.00/night but I came and left JM Marriott without any additional charges each day of my stay.
The food and drink were very good but the price was high. If you want to save money there are a couple of restaurants near JW Marriott LA LIVE even a Movie Theater is a block away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
LA, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least 3 times in the last four years, and have had mostly good experiences. The rooms are large, furniture and decore nice, and still has a new feel to it. Room service is good, with good service AND good food. The pool is excellent (although it could be open later) and the front desk is usually good.

Now, I usually stay over contentions, and this is why I am giving a 4 star over the last few stays. I usually book with the hotel direct, or the convention, but last year I was too late. I booked 4 people in a room with a wholesale company called Travel Bound which I have used before, and yes, mentioned all four passengers on the reservation. However, at check in, was given a room with 1 bed. We had a 2 hour fight to try to get a second bed, but were denied a second bed AND denied a second room. My husband only got a concession of free parking when he got out of the front desk the admission that the expectation of four people in a one bedded room was to have two people sleep on the floor, or EVERYONE sleep in a king. His response was "And this is a Four Star hotel, and that is your expectation?"

We went to a target and bought a blow up mattress, but I was still not happy. We got two cars comped for parking, totaling to over $70 per night in compensation, but had to have a fight about it at check out.

All in all, I would recommend that if its over a convention, book ONLY with the hotel directly!

Room Tip: Don't book with a wholesaler over a convention.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
JWHotelManager, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed the amenities of the property over multiple visits, and found it to have a number of positives. We are truly sorry to hear the service you recently received was substandard. Service is a core focus of the Marriott brand, and is certainly something we strive to provide in a manner that exceeds expectations. We are constantly working with staff on their service levels, and we look forward to welcoming you back and demonstrating a much better customer service experience!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in LA for only 2 days. The location of Marriott was excellent as it got us close to all the points of interests like Walk of Fame, Brentwood, Beverly hills sans all the touristy crowd. The touristy crowd at Marriott is rather quiet and posh if I may say.
We were very close to yard house, vicer's trade and the original pantry cafe which stand to be LA's leading food/drink outlets.
The valet service was excellent and we could park our car at $40 a night without any worry.
The rooms were as good as Marriott quality and we had no complaints what so ever.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Booked for 4 nights for a conference. Service is nice, staff are very helpful, and the location is great as it's so close to LA convention center and other meeting facilities. Easy access to some decent restaurants and bars, not to mention Lakers' home court.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed in this hotel and for us its a great place to rest and relax for a night in LAX after arriving off a 15 hour flight. We checked in at about 10:30am and they were able to give us a room straight away. Its a very nice hotel with "vintage" furnishings. It also houses one of our favourite restaurants "LA Market by Kerry Simon" Its in easy walking distance to Staples and Nokia theatre as well as Downtown LA. The price per night is steep for what you get but I would visit here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE? Share your experiences!