“A great and central place to stay in LA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Nightly Credit
Ranked #22 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
Auckland, New Zealand
“A great and central place to stay in LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

LA is always a difficult city for tourists because you really do have to drive to go places or use taxi's. This hotel, situated in Downtown has excellent access on and off the key freeways which makes it a real bonus. The hotel is very modern , has an excellent coffee shop, a nice restaurant, a wonderful swimming pool and spa and helpful staff. Located at LA Live there is a good choice of places to eat close to the hotel and lots of places to drink. So while downtown LA isn't great the immediate area is good if you are not familiar with Downtown. The hotel has a Hertz office so getting a car is easy. The rooms are very nice. We found it possible to get to all the places we wanted to visit (The Getty, Disneyland, Santa Monica, San Diego) with ease (and the helpful staff who printed out the directions) and we also found it easy walking into the larger downtown area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1,073 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from May 29/13-June 1/13 for a conference I attended. We checked in easily, and found our room to be large, clean and nicely decorated. Our view from the 14th floor was nothing special, unlike some others, but we were not bothered by this. The location was excellent, and while the valet parking cost of $40 per day was considerable, we made great use of our car in exploring the city, and taking advantage of golf, restaurants, and museums located far from the hotel. That said, the location of the hotel at the LA Live complex was great for walking tours of the Staple Centre, lunch and dinners at the restaurants close by, and a tour of the Grammy Museum. The only (minor) disappointment was the lack of good shopping within walking distance, which only impacted me, while my husband was out with the car!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bainbridge Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our family stayed here while I was attending a conference held at the hotel's conference facilities. For openers, the room was available when we arrived at just after 11 a.m. 13th floor room overlooking the LA Live plaza and pool area. Check-in was very efficient. Room was decent size, though when we added the rollaway for our daughter, things definitely got tighter. Since we were there for 4 nights, we ended up rearranging some of the furniture to better suit the hide-a-bed. Room was quiet, a/c worked fine, though we didn't need it all that much. Bathroom was spacious and well equipped. Our conference rate included free wifi (otherwise it was something like $14/day).

Never used the hotel pool, though it looked fine. Lots of dining options in the immediate area, though nothing on the inexpensive side There was a sporting event at Staples Center every night when we were there, so lots of activity.

While I attended the conference, family visit sites in and around LA. Ten minute walk to the subway station which they did several times, though always in the daylight. A Target 6-7 minute walk. Avoided renting a car and the $40/day parking fee during our stay there (though area lots were less).

All in all, a great mix for both business and pleasure travel. And the conference rate was substantially less than the rack rate.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper and south facing room (construction occurring across from the north side of the hot...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

When I booked my two day trip, I signed up for Executive Lounge Access...On registering I was given no information about the Executive Lounge. No information was in my room and when I went online to search and find the information, good luck, finding any information on the JW Marriott LA LIve web site. It is early morning and I would like to go there for a coffee but have no idea of hours of operation. I have called the front desk and the concierge but no answer...it is 5:30, I admit but...
Last night I went to the front desk and had my key modified so that I could access the Executive Lounge but I had to ask for it rather than it be mentioned on Registration...
Not impressed....get me to a Fairmont!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for several nights while on business. The room and bathroom were huge, very nice and modern. The hotel is within walking distance of anything you need, just steps from Staples and plenty of options for dining.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE in July of 2012. It's not cheap, the hotel is in a great location and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The service was also superb. The pool area also looked nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Just finished wonderful 3 night stay for a conference my wife attended. Friendly and helpful staff who were willing to address any concerns. Beautiful facility. Kids loved the pool. We were moved into a suite with more than enough room for 2 adults and 2 teens. LA Live quite interesting. Only cons were; $40 per night parking (valet, no self park option); expensive food/drinks in hotel, and; no free wifi in rooms (lobby only). However, this hotel still deserves top-notch rating.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE? Share your experiences!