“JW Marriott LA Live” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE

You added JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fullerton, California
“JW Marriott LA Live”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Located adjacent to the Staple Center and Nokia Theater, the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels are the perfect place to stay if your travels take you to Downtown Los Angeles. Within the LA Live complex are a number of restaurants that will meet your needs. Fleming's Steak House is always fantastic, excellent happy hour there as well, reservations for dinner a must (use Open Table). The Palm Steakhouse is about two blocks away, as well. Wolfgang Puck has an excellent Italian restaurant all in all, about 8 great eateries. If you are not a local, or even if you are, you must eat at The Original Pantry, been open at the original location 24/7 since 1921. GREAT breakfast, ham&cheese omelet is to die for, mountain of fried potatoes and sourdough bread/toast. Comfort food all day/night. Located one block away. Large multi-pled movie theater next door to complex.

The JW Marriott has an excellent restaurant located right next to two of their full service bar and wine bars. Great drinks and excellent bar bites. A very lively scene, but comfortable. The rooms are all contemporary design and furnishing. Large showers and comfy beds. The Concierge Level lounge is excellent, one of the best I have visited at a Marriott. The only downside is the outrageous fee for underground parking, about $40 bucks a night, so keep that in mind if you intend in driving there. Within the same building is the Ritz-Carlton hotel. I have not stayed, but if you do, all of the above is available. Within the Ritz-Carlton is a new Wolfgang Puck Asian restaurant and bar, located on the 32nd floor or so. Killer view of Los Angeles. Even if you don't dine, it is a must for cocktails in the evening. This complex is fantastic if you travel to the downtown area for a concert, Laker/Clipper basketball game or other event. Probably the best hotel complex in all of downtown Los Angeles.

Room Tip: Look for AAA rates, if your dates are flexible, utilize the "my dates are flexible" button...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great hotel, comfortable beds. I had three rooms booked. Upon arrival I asked to have three double bed rooms - they were able to accommodate us all on the 4th floor. Two rooms side by side, which was appreciated. The two rooms had a very nice little outside area with a coach and two chairs. We could also go back and forth via our "patios". I felt very safe since the doors were solid with good locks. Quiet rooms. Great room service and a very relaxing bar downstairs with coaches and tables - very good for socializing - a living room feel without being in a fishbowl.
Easy to get coffee in the morning and easy to get around LA. Great location for USC events.

Room Tip: Ask for a patio outside your room. You can have wine with friends and feel very secluded.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a great downtown location & is within walking distance to the Staples Center, if you are in town for a Lakers game. My friend was attending a conference & I went to go hiking. The price is not bad, considering the location & the rooms are nice & clean & the beds are comfortable. Just know that you will have to pay additional for parking. $40 for valet parking at the hotel. You can negotiate parking with the lots across the street, but you will still pay around $30.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

As expected we had a great stay at the JW. The location was great, the decor was sleek. The staff was extremely friendly. My husband and I went to the bar to have a nightcap and we ended up getting an education on vermouth from the bar manager, it really was awesome. We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here with my son before a visit to USC. We ended up going to a Clippers game which was a short walk away, at Staples Center. The room was beautiful and beds were comfortable. It was just a short drive to USC, as well. I can't imagine staying anywhere else if the LA Live complex or USC are part of your travel plans!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We visited this hotel for two nights while on holiday from the UK, we took a taxi from LA airport after dropping off our rental car as we wouldn't be driving while in LA and wanted to avoid driving into central LA and paying the parking charge.

The Hotel is very large but check-in was fast and efficient and we were soon in our room which was very comfortable and clean. We ordered room service for our evenings meals which was delivered within 30 minutes and was reasonably priced for an LA hotel and of good quality. The hotel became very busy and loud in the lobby area over the weekend we were staying which wasn't a problem when away from the area. While in LA we walked to various parts of downtown and around LA LIVE and watched a screening of Skyfall in the Regal Cinema Premiere screen a block away from the hotel.

I would recommend this high standard hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the lively LA LIVE area. We hired a car online via Hertz and collected this from the hotel to continue our onward journey to Death Valley. WiFi was chargeable but on the second day of our stay it started working without charge so this is worth checking.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedar City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Recently returned from spending four nights at the JW Marriott Hotel LA at LA LIVE. I was there attending a conference. I would say most everything was flawless. The food was good, everything was clean, the staff always helpful...everything a well-oiled machine. I would not hesitate taking a conference there - my only caution would be some of the meeting rooms had hugely high ceilings, which made the midsize meetings a bit difficult to hear - if it had been anything other than a presentation (like a board meeting where people need to talk and be able to hear each other) you would need microphones for everyone, which would get expensive.
I spent some time in the spa (it is actually the Ritz Carlton Spa...the two hotels are connected). The spa was nice - not the most impressive Ritz Carlton Spa by any means, but still really pleasant with a great staff.
My room was on the 20th floor with a nice view of the Staples Center, etc. The room was clean, looked new and fresh and airy. The bed and pillows were comfy, the internet was fast, the shower had great pressure and if you like to watch sports I think they had something ridiculous like 14 dedicated sports channels.
A big movie (Twilight) was premiering next door one of the nights I was there and hundreds of fans' tents were pitched not far off property - the hotel handled security flawlessly -if I couldn't have seen all the fans and tents out of my window, I would never have known they were there.
Twice during my stay I went to get a taxi to go somewhere - both times within 3 miles of the hotel - and both times they kindly had the house car take me, which was super nice. They also gave me a number for which taxi company they preferred and it was all really simple on the return, which I very much appreciate in a city I am unfamiliar with.
I would not hesitate to stay there again should my travels take me back to downtown LA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business