“Best part of LA Live” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE

You added JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newport Beach, California
“Best part of LA Live”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great hotel, comfortable beds. I had three rooms booked. Upon arrival I asked to have three double bed rooms - they were able to accommodate us all on the 4th floor. Two rooms side by side, which was appreciated. The two rooms had a very nice little outside area with a coach and two chairs. We could also go back and forth via our "patios". I felt very safe since the doors were solid with good locks. Quiet rooms. Great room service and a very relaxing bar downstairs with coaches and tables - very good for socializing - a living room feel without being in a fishbowl.
Easy to get coffee in the morning and easy to get around LA. Great location for USC events.

Room Tip: Ask for a patio outside your room. You can have wine with friends and feel very secluded.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a great downtown location & is within walking distance to the Staples Center, if you are in town for a Lakers game. My friend was attending a conference & I went to go hiking. The price is not bad, considering the location & the rooms are nice & clean & the beds are comfortable. Just know that you will have to pay additional for parking. $40 for valet parking at the hotel. You can negotiate parking with the lots across the street, but you will still pay around $30.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

As expected we had a great stay at the JW. The location was great, the decor was sleek. The staff was extremely friendly. My husband and I went to the bar to have a nightcap and we ended up getting an education on vermouth from the bar manager, it really was awesome. We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here with my son before a visit to USC. We ended up going to a Clippers game which was a short walk away, at Staples Center. The room was beautiful and beds were comfortable. It was just a short drive to USC, as well. I can't imagine staying anywhere else if the LA Live complex or USC are part of your travel plans!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We visited this hotel for two nights while on holiday from the UK, we took a taxi from LA airport after dropping off our rental car as we wouldn't be driving while in LA and wanted to avoid driving into central LA and paying the parking charge.

The Hotel is very large but check-in was fast and efficient and we were soon in our room which was very comfortable and clean. We ordered room service for our evenings meals which was delivered within 30 minutes and was reasonably priced for an LA hotel and of good quality. The hotel became very busy and loud in the lobby area over the weekend we were staying which wasn't a problem when away from the area. While in LA we walked to various parts of downtown and around LA LIVE and watched a screening of Skyfall in the Regal Cinema Premiere screen a block away from the hotel.

I would recommend this high standard hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the lively LA LIVE area. We hired a car online via Hertz and collected this from the hotel to continue our onward journey to Death Valley. WiFi was chargeable but on the second day of our stay it started working without charge so this is worth checking.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedar City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Recently returned from spending four nights at the JW Marriott Hotel LA at LA LIVE. I was there attending a conference. I would say most everything was flawless. The food was good, everything was clean, the staff always helpful...everything a well-oiled machine. I would not hesitate taking a conference there - my only caution would be some of the meeting rooms had hugely high ceilings, which made the midsize meetings a bit difficult to hear - if it had been anything other than a presentation (like a board meeting where people need to talk and be able to hear each other) you would need microphones for everyone, which would get expensive.
I spent some time in the spa (it is actually the Ritz Carlton Spa...the two hotels are connected). The spa was nice - not the most impressive Ritz Carlton Spa by any means, but still really pleasant with a great staff.
My room was on the 20th floor with a nice view of the Staples Center, etc. The room was clean, looked new and fresh and airy. The bed and pillows were comfy, the internet was fast, the shower had great pressure and if you like to watch sports I think they had something ridiculous like 14 dedicated sports channels.
A big movie (Twilight) was premiering next door one of the nights I was there and hundreds of fans' tents were pitched not far off property - the hotel handled security flawlessly -if I couldn't have seen all the fans and tents out of my window, I would never have known they were there.
Twice during my stay I went to get a taxi to go somewhere - both times within 3 miles of the hotel - and both times they kindly had the house car take me, which was super nice. They also gave me a number for which taxi company they preferred and it was all really simple on the return, which I very much appreciate in a city I am unfamiliar with.
I would not hesitate to stay there again should my travels take me back to downtown LA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Covina, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Where do I start? First off, I apologize for my bad writing, it's not one of my strong suits. Now to get into it, over all the stay there at the hotel was satisfying. I was staying overnight because of an event my company was hosting. Room is very nice, very spacious with a very nice modern restroom. Bed is very comfortable, had no problems sleeping at night. Here is where I have my problems, the service. Checking in/out noticing how welcoming the staff in the lobby are, too bad my wife and I weren't one of those people that were welcomed with open arms. Not sure if it's because we are young and possibly don't have money because in reality we don't compared to their regular guests they probably get in. It's the fact that being in "guest services" you should treat every guest the same, not the case for us. While my wife and I stood there waiting to be helped, not one person jumps in to help us out. But, every other guest that walks in those doors an immediate welcome leaps out of their mouths and points them to the check in desk to help them with heir needs. We got the same treatment as we were checking out. It's sad that because we don't look like we have money we don't get the same treatment?? Tisk Tisk. On to my next complaint about service... The following morning my wife and I woke up, she wanted some coffee, seeing that the hotel room had some complimentary coffee packets and a coffee maker we attempted to make a cup. I Noticed the coffee maker was missing a part to pour the coffee grinds into, my wife calls the the concierge desk to have them either bring up the missing piece or to replace the whole machine. Nearly 2 hours pass and nobody has brought up anything. What's going on? Were they understaffed? Did they forget about us? either way, NOT cool. good thing my wife isn't one of those people that NEEDS to have coffee in the morning, so she didn't go on a rampage. On to my last and final complaint, and this is the topping on the cake. The valet, the following day I happened to notice a very expensive flash light in keep in my center console (for emergencies) was missing. Now that is is just low! I know everyone says "never leave anything in your car when you have your car with valet", but why on earth would anyone want to steal a flashlight of all things, I even had my Ipod in the car and even that wasn't taken.... So I called to make a claim/compliant about the stolen item, I was told the valet manager was already gone for the day and will return my call. 2 days pass and I still have not got a call back. As I get in the office this morning I found out that one of my co workers that also valet his car had money stolen as well as 3 packs of cigarettes that were in his center console. WOW! What kind of people is JW Marriott hiring??? All I know is, I will NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE? Share your experiences!