a couple of advantages: The location is quite central. Busstop and subway station are in walking distance. Union station isn't that far either. Interiors were modern, private bathroom was ok, but a little run-down. Breakfast was alright, although the selection is pretty small.
Disadvantages: -- Foremost, the rooms have no air-condition. That means you will feel like a turkey in the oven, even if the outside temperatures are mild. This building heats up in no time. Only lobby and the corridors are cooled. I absolutely recommend not to go there in summertime. --
- WiFi only in the lobby. No reception in the rooms.
- This city is loud. Sirens, busses, people and all seem to concentrate in downtown. With no other choice than leaving the window open (no air condition) the sleep quality is miserable, especially with room temperatures around 90, even at night.
- The service was pretty rude in my opinion. We and two other couples arrived 20 minutes before check-in time and were told quite brusk to sit down and wait. Well, no problem, we were early...30 minutes after check-in time they called us up and told us that the room wasn't cleaned yet. We waited another 30 minutes and asked when we could expect to be checked in. We were just tired from the transatlantic flight and not willing to argue, so we kept waiting. After another 30 minutes or so I asked more demandingly, but still friendly. She finally checked us in then. Right when we came up the cleaning team opened our door and started (!) to clean the room. So we continued to wait...The next day with different staff it was way better and more polite. Maybe I picked a bad day to go there...
- Also Known As:
- Stay On Main Hotel
- Stay On Main Hotel Los Angeles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay on Main is the hippest boutique hotel and hostel in downtown Los Angeles. We are located in the heart of LA’s Historic Core, surrounded by many of the newest and hottest restaurants, bars and night- clubs in downtown Los Angeles, California. We are located one mile to LA LIVE, minutes by Metro to famous Hollywood, short walk to the fashion, toy, jewelry districts and flower mart. Also, minutes by bus to China Town, Little Tokyo and USC…or hop on the bus right outside the front door for a unique site seeing ride to Santa Monica beach.Our location, style accommodations and vibe offer our guest the best value in Los Angeles. Stay on Main offers a menu approach to accommodation selection. Depending upon budget and lifestyle, guests can choose from a wide array of room types and amenities at stay on main hotel, from private rooms with private baths to shared rooms with shared baths down the hall.Stay on Main is youthful, high-style, and high-tech. our rooms are simple stylish and inexpensive. We offer convenient accommodations for the hip and spend thrifty traveler.In-the-know 18-30 year old international travelers and domestic travelers looking for modern, upscale accommodations on a budget will appreciate our variety of room types and options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Budget Places, Agoda, Hotwire, HostelBookers, EasyToBook, Olotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Stay on Main Hotel and Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.