“very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1921 North Highland Avenue, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90068 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #25 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
geneva switzerland
“very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

we stayed 3 nights .. the only strange thing was a plastic knife on our pillow when we first entered the room, obviously housekeeping forgot it .. i am not sure the carpet was hoovered or the furniture dusted (build-up) thoroughly every single day but it was sufficient .. the complimentary toiletries were not great, u had to press like crazy to get the product out and the walk from the walk of fame and metro was only about 300m, but it wasn't a very pleasant walk along a multi-lane road and a deserted looking area ..

that just about covers the minor cons .. !!!

the hotel staff responded fully, kindly and with patience (thx to all especially maria) to my numerous email before our arrival - we were granted a quiet room as requested - the 2 double beds were large and comfy, the room was huge, the bathroom a good size .. breakfast was perfectly adequate although it won't win the oscar for best breakfast ever .. i was usually there at 6.30 hrs as i was jetlag and i had read that arriving later was mayhem (reception warned me upon check-in too) .. there is a starbucks, convenience store and a sushi place right across the road ..

we left our luggage in storage and the limo service the hotel uses picked up our suitcases and then picked us up at farmers' market to go to the airport .. that procedure was perfectly managed, as was the check-in and check-out ..

we didn't try the pool, the business center was closed one day, but they put up a label offering to print out boarding passes at the reception .. along with free wi-fi and breakfast included in the price which was just over $200 per night for 2 adults ..

i would definitely stay here again, although i was a little disappointed by LAX itself .. but that is not the hotel's fault whatsoever ..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1,133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Where shall I begin.. The city and location is great.. This hotel can be better. Their pak=rking garage hard to get in and out of and tha spaces are tight. Their front desk staff were like robots no personality at all. I'm an outgoing guy and love to talk, but not with these people. The rooms are Ok, nothing spectacular, but I did have a problem with my AC unit. And finally thir breakfast was just O.K. kind of bland for my taste. I say to all them other reviewers.. That they should't lie about their experiences.. Its was not "Spot On, or "wonderful Staff" just another average hotel is all that it is.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Chuck N,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. I apologize for the areas that we may have fallen short particularly with the air conditioning unit and level of staff service received. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you so much fro your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Zelyn N
Palmdale, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Parking at this hotel was terrible.. Someone parked too close to me and dinged the door on my Mercedes Benz.. Checki in process was slow and Wasn't recodnized for my Platinum rewards club membership.. Plus I found hair all over my sheets.. I was not a happy camper. Will not stay here evere again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Corey B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Luis,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Unfortunately the hotel has no control of other guest or their actions and in no way should this rate our hotel as Horrible. I have researched our valet parking with no reports of your incident.

As a Platinum Member our front desk would have moved you to a new room, based on your room complaint. I researched the front desk, and again could not find your complaint about the room.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Express Hollywood Walk of Fame for your future travel needs.

Corey Bouche
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

If your not going to disney or anything and just want to see the hollywood sign and see the walk of fame this is the place for you, clean, big rooms, good breakfast, great price.

Ignore anyone who gives you a free cd, its not free.

Everyones attitude stinks unless they want tips, get used to it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was there on business for a couple days and I had an overall great experience.

The rooms were well appointed, although I must tell you that there is absolutely NO difference between a regular room and a suite. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

I checked my bed and it was bug free, everything else was extra clean and I had no problems with the internet.

My only issue is that you HAVE to have your car valeted. So you're forced to provide a tip each time. BUT, I didn't. My attitude is that if you are NOT giving an option for me to park my car, then I believe it's a general service that you provide. Therefore, I'm not tipping you.

And lastly, the breakfast was sub-par and the area to eat was extremely small.

I'd stay here again however, without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Gold Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The location of this hotel is its shining light its is very close to Hollywood Blvd just a few minutes easy stroll and handy convenience store, subway and starbucks just opposite their entrance. The staff were fantastic always very helpful and polite which made up for the negatives. These being the room, tired to say the least with holes in seat cushions and lamp shades, bed was comfy but was not able to benefit and get a lay in as we were in 305 directly under the breakfast room, the noise was terrible banging , chairs moving all from 6.30 am, then the pool wall butted up to our window so hardly any light and the large air con in the room was more like a plane engine. As an IHG Platinum member very surprised to be given such a poor room. Probably other rooms fine but don't get 305.

Room Tip: Don't go on level 3 under the breakfast room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear GCPaulGina,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I appreciate the compliments regarding our staff being fantastic and always very helpful and polite. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Only one reason to stay here is the location. It is steps away from the happenings of LA. Theaters and some other Hollywood attractions are close-by. Rooms are ordinary with very ordinary breakfast. The street outside is crowded and noisy.

The suit we booked had a strange way to access with multiple lifts and passages to negotiate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear InsigniaIndia,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the room conditions and the breakfast options has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame

Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Hollywood Walk Of Fame
#18 Family Hotel in Los Angeles
#25 On the Beach Hotel in Los Angeles
#30 Business Hotel in Los Angeles
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame 2.5*
Experience the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Hollywood, CA. Located in the heart of world-famous Hollywood, California, our uniquely designed hotel appeals to style-oriented guests desiring exceptional service and comfortable amenities. During your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hollywood, take time to tour the city and see all that Hollywood has to offer. We are centrally located near several historic tourist attractions such as the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood Bowl, Universal Studios, Paramount Studios, Sunset Strip, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Santa Monica and Venice Beach. Our hip hotel in Hollywood is the perfect place to stay as you explore the city. Built in 2008, our brand new Hollywood hotel is perfect for business travelers. We provide an alternative to local, traditional hotels without sacrificing any of the business amenities you expect. Our Hollywood hotel near the Los Angeles Airport (LAX) is just 20 min from the LA Convention Center and in close proximity to the LA Business District, the Century City Business District, ABC, NBC, the Warner Center and CNN. At the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Hollywood, CA, we provide an oasis that inspires and re-energizes travelers. From our hip lobby and state-of-the-art fitness center to the convenient high-speed Internet access and a delicious, free hot breakfast bar, this Hollywood hotel provides all the amenities to make your trip to California a great one. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.