“See it, take a pic, then walk away. Very fast.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Boulevard

Hollywood Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90069 (Central L.A)
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Special Offer
$58*
and up
Hollywood Highlights and LA Beaches Tour from...
Ranked #141 of 310 Attractions in Los Angeles
Type: Scenic/ Historic Walking Areas, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Cultural
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Famous Hollywood street known for its trendy shopping and the stars of famous actors imprinted on the sidewalk.
Orlando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“See it, take a pic, then walk away. Very fast.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I drug my husband down here because I felt like it was a must see since we were in LA. I live in Orlando, the tourist capital of the world and I still was like WHOA. This made International Drive seem like Rodeo Drive!!! It just seemed so dirty and grimy. Cheesy tour operators. Harassing you. So many gross dressed up characters. Harassing you. Thugs handing out CDs. Harassing you. I read reviews so I knew not to take one but I forgot to tell my husband - I freaked out on him when they handed him one. Thank goodness the guy took it back without drama. I held on to my purse. Tight. I suggest you do the same. Take a pic of the Hollywood sign from the Hollywood & Highland Center, get some pics of the theaters, then leave. We were there maybe 30 minutes and that was plenty.

Singapore
23 attraction reviews
“A bit overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

It's pretty much like any other street in Hollywood. The only interesting bit is the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I did not get a chance to see all the stars, but I managed to get pictures of the more popular ones. The Chinese Theatre is also located along this road, as well as the Ripley Museum.

Melbourne, Australia
19 attraction reviews
“Go if you must, but it is very missable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went to Hollywood boulevard, we were told don't miss it when in LA. It is a very ordinary tourist destination. The street is full of people, dressed in all sorts of costumes, seeking your hard earned dollars for no obvious benefit. The area is pretty grubby, the shops are uninspiring, and no good food options. Go if it is on your bucket list, but don't plan to spend too much time there.

New Zealand
53 attraction reviews
“I love the street crowd!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I love being amongst the tourist crowds. Everyone's so bubbly as they walk through Hollywood. Okay, the tourist shops and tour agencies are a bit tacky and the same goes for the street sellers and the dress-ups,. But, hey, who cares? This is Hollywood. I love reading the star names in the footpath and the notices on the lamp posts telling you about vintage happenings on certain sites. I rushed into hotels and the mall and took in side streets and visited lots of Hollywood iconic places along the way. I stayed in a cheap hotel just off the Strip so as to be close to happenings and it was a wonderful decision. Oh, and I watched a guy being arrested for being a nuisance, and I took a photo of Tinkerbell. I ate Mexican, Italian and American food. I had a smile on my face the whole time.

Visited August 2013
4 attraction reviews
“At least it's free”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The Boulevard is a very dirty , grimy, seedy street that may be worth a look once in your life but I can't imagine anyone wanting a repeat visit. My 16 year old daughter who really wanted to visit Hollywood said it was not what she expected and gave Hollywood a 6 out of 10. Also watch out for street husslers trying to force CD's in your hands ( for a fee ) and hold on to your purses. At least it's free!