“Been there done that...never again!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Boulevard

Hollywood Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90069 (Central L.A)
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Special Offer
$58*
and up
Hollywood Highlights and LA Beaches Tour from...
Ranked #141 of 310 Attractions in Los Angeles
Type: Scenic/ Historic Walking Areas, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Cultural
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Famous Hollywood street known for its trendy shopping and the stars of famous actors imprinted on the sidewalk.
Ireland
22 attraction reviews
“Been there done that...never again!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Yes it was brilliant to see it...the stars, fingerprints etc. but I certainly wasn't hanging around here...was pretty dangerous and alot of crazy people! I was by myself and was a little frightened, protecting my bag was the most important thing on my mind. Even at some points I was hesitate in taking out my camera. I would recommend going there as it is a central part of LA but just some common sense and caution is needed!

Visited February 2013

Coventry, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Waste of an afternoon”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My experience of Hollywood Boulevard was marred by a couple of unfortunate incidents that appear to be all too common an occurrence, having read some of the other reviews.

I took the Metro to Hollywood and Vine and took a walk along Hollywood Boulevard. The area seems to have gone downhill in a big way since I visited a few years ago in 2009.

I initially went into the large McDonalds but turned right around when I saw how busy and dirty it was. There was a small sandwich bar literally next door to McDonalds where I ordered a club sandwich. A photo on the wall of the sandwich bar showed a picture of a club sandwich containing real chicken and bacon - but what was delivered was cheap sliced meat with salad. Whilst I was eating - I saw several families being hassled by guided tour operators who are located just outside.

After I left, I crossed the street to the Grauman Theatre where I was immediately hassled by people trying to sell CD's. One guy in particular struck up a conversation with me. As I'm normally quite polite I listened to what he had to say. He said he was trying to promote his CD by giving away free copies of it - but that changed to - he was accepting contributions to cover the cost of the CD - and then that changed to we normally ask for ten dollars. All the time, he was asking my name and signing the front cover of the CD. I was holding the CD, but I told him I didn't want to pay ten dollars for it - he said he would have to take the CD back. So much for promoting his CD. I knew it was a scam - but sometimes you have faith in human nature.

A few moments later, I was approached by another person with the same scam and I just told him I wasn't interested.

There were the usual people wearing movie costumes and to my disgust, one of them lifted his mask and said to his friend, who was also dressed in a costume - "these tourists are just so stupid". By that point I'd had enough and I left Hollywood Boulevard via Hollywood/Highland Metro station, feeling like I'd wasted my entire afternoon.

Visited March 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Dirty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Imagine what you think this place would be like and it is the absolute opposite.

The boulevard is dirty and full on crazies. It is nice to see the stars on thr ground and the hand prints but it is a little scary. I totally recommend seeing it but I would mot recommend going more then once

Melbourne, Australia
“A giant Slum in the Heart of Hollywood”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Between drug addicts,crazy homeless people (We had one try to sell us a baby rabbit - that was a weird and surreal experience) and the hustlers trying to separate you from your money it can be pretty unpleasant trying to take a few pictures of the Stars along the boulevard,of the shops we saw along the boulevard most were cramped and overpriced but with all the mayhem carrying on outside it's not like you'd want to announce the fact that you're a tourist.

oxnard
67 attraction reviews
“And the winner/”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

What can I say this is Hollywood. if you come to ca. and don't see this then why did you come/ It is a must see for so cal.