“Great Tour Done By Extraordinary Tour Guide” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Starline Tours

Starline Tours
6925 Hollywood Blvd., (Chinese Theatre Forecourt), Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A)
800-959-3131
and up
Ranked #103 of 330 Activities in Los Angeles
New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
“Great Tour Done By Extraordinary Tour Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We are in LA for the first time and took the Starline tour of movie stars' homes yesterday. The name of the tour does not accurately reflect all of the spots we saw -- Graumans, the Hollywood sign, and many, many other sites other than just stars' homes. But, we surely saw a bunch of those too. In my experience, the quality of any tour is determined in large part by the quality of the tour guide. We had Michael O yesterday, and he was simply fantastic. He was, in addition to being extremely knowledgeable, incredibly funny, engaging and personable.

My family had a great time!

Visited January 2013

Kansas City, Missouri
“Fabulous Tour with Danny Ray!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

On January 10, 2013, my husband, teenage son and I were very lucky to have Danny Ray from Starline Tours as our guide for our Hollywood Homes tour. Usually you are just assigned any tour guide for things like this, but when I return to LA I will request Danny Ray by name and you should too! Not only did he grow up in Hollywood and attend high school with many famous people, he works with A-list stars in his full time profession. The celebrities know him by name and he's been in their homes! What a great tour he gave since he knows these people personally! I won't tell you what he does, you'll have to guess that when you're on his tour. Be sure and book early and ask for him by name since he only does a few tours a week. Plus, he gave us great restaurant recommendations and even a discount. The food where he sent us was better than he described. My son even rode the mechanical bull for free thanks to Danny. PS My full time job is to take people on vacations all over the world so I have been on countless tours throughout the years. This was one of my FAVORITES! For a great tour, ask for Danny.

Visited January 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Movie star homes??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I done 3 tours with starline and booked them all at my hotel.
1st tour-I done the city, movie star homes and beaches. The guide Darryl provided loads of information on the areas that we drove through, however we never got to see many star homes, overall the tour was good.
2nd tour- the team were organised and prompt in getting us to Universal Studios on time, the same cant be said for the end of the day. There were a lot of starline buses that turned up but nobody seemed to know which bus people should be getting on until the dispatcher arrived. When handing out the yellow cards in the morning, maybe including the bus number for pick up would cause less confusion.
3rd tour- I done the VIP tour as got picked up and dropped off at the door of my hotel, no fault could be given here.

Overall Starline are a good company and offer many tour options, just a couple of small things which might help in the future. I would definitely book another tour

Ipswich, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“No celeb sightings in Malibu today”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I did an afternoon tour to Malibu in an open-air van. I was one of 7 people which was very cosy. Nice ocean views from Santa Monica up the coastline to Malibu. Maybe my expectations were a little high of what I might see. We only saw the back of the stars' homes as we obviously didn't have access to their "private" beach. There were times when we pulled over to see certain homes for me to get a photo and other times, by the time we were told who's house it was, we had already passed it, for me to get a photo. At the end of the tour, I couldn't remember whose houses I had taken photos of. It would be nice if you were given a brochure with a list, in the order you saw them. We didn't see any celebs. This compares with all the Starline Tours you do, either in Malibu or Beverly Hills/LA. It's always hit or miss whether you see any stars or not. I did get to see the original Baywatch Headquarters which was my only highlight apart from being able to say "I've now been to Malibu".

Visited September 2012
Perth, Australia
“Most uncomfortable tour bus ever experienced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Tour taken:
(1) Disney's California Adventure Park.
(2) LA City, Hollywood, Movie Stars Homes & Beach Tour.

Tour 1:
$149 per person. This included hotel pick up, transport to Disneyland, entry to Disney, transport back to hotel.
Driver gave us a narrative of LA information during the drive which was very kind of her, as she did not have a working microphone, nor was a narrative part of the package.

Tour 2:
$69 per person. This included hotel pick up, tour, and hotel drop off.
Locations visited were standard LA tourist spots. Celebrity Homes was useless since it was a tour of houses that used to belong to celebrities.
Tour guide didn't give much information apart from pointing things out. No background or historical information given. No mention of Arnie when arriving at Muscle Beach.

Would rate this an average tour company, not good, not bad. But would not choose them again based on the vehicles they use.
The tour vans are "turtle tops". So if you're not the driver, from the seating in the van it is near impossible to see anything in front of the van. Visibility on the sides are also impaired by van design.
Added to this, only the front 2 seats have padded head rests. Unfortunately they are not ergonomic and force you to crane your neck. The other seats have hard handles as head rests.
Needless to say, the most uncomfortable, poor visibility tour bus I've ever encountered.