“Helped me want to work even harder to reach my dream to make it in L.A.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Starline Tours

Starline Tours
6925 Hollywood Blvd., (Chinese Theatre Forecourt), Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A)
800-959-3131
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$44*
and up
Ranked #102 of 328 Activities in Los Angeles
“Helped me want to work even harder to reach my dream to make it in L.A.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I really really enjoyed the tour and it was a great experience for a great price. Our tour guide Danny Ray was absolutely amazing!! I've had my share of different tour guides in different cities but Danny was the best I've ever had. He made the trip fun and you could definitely tell he had a passion for the city of L.A. By far one of the high lights of my trip.

Adelaide, Australia
“Starline Tours - Danny Ray!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've just done the tour though the Beverly Hills. (1st of January 2013) What a way to kick off the new year!!! At first a mate and I didn't really want to do it, we thought it would be a waste of money. So against our will and too the delight to his better half, so too speak, we got towed along to doing it. Thank god! Thanks to Danny Ray from Starline Tours, made this tour a great highlight to visit LA / Beverly Hills, and the next time I am in Beverly Hills again, which will be in the near future, I will be hitting up Danny Ray again for another fantastic tour. His knowledge though the hills, the stars homes and restaurants / land marks, was seconded to none, not to forget the humour / character that Danny was, also bought more to the table. Since we did the tour in the beginning of the winter, and in the hills, you can understand it wasn't the warmest of nights, but Danny Ray did everything he could to make us all feel very comfortable, like before we left for the tour, he gave us all blankets, at first I wasn't sure if I was going too need it thank god he gave me one lol. Cheers for the heads up big guy :)! In summing up the tour I will be doing it again and taking the rest of my family as well, because its definitely money well spent, the amazing views that you get up in the hills, and not to forget the amazing homes you see, and the knowledge of Danny Ray about the homes, like I said before. All the best to the team at Starline Tours, and a very special thanks to Danny Ray for an amazing tour!! See you soon mate take care!!!!!

Visited January 2013
ctyatstarline, Manager at Starline Tours, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Luke, We are glad that you enjoyed your tour with us and appreciate the time you took to write us about Danny Ray. Your wonderful comments will be shared with him and his supervisors. Thank you for choosing Starline Tours and hope we can host you again should you find yourselves back in Los Angeles. Hospitably yours, Starline Tours.
Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
“Starline Star's Homes Tour - again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Every time we are in L.A. near the Chinese Theater we set aside time to go on the Starline Star's Homes tour. Although SO touristy, it's a pleasure to be driven around the gorgeous homes in the L.A. hills and Beverly Hills. We've always been impressed by the driver/tour guide - so informative, and most of the time very witty. Each tour is different, which keeps us coming back!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“less than impressed- we were in an accident!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Once we finally got on a bus all seemed wonderful. I think they only allow their 'nice' busses near the Chinese Theatre, because all the busses to follow were old, rickety and poorly driven. After being on one for a few miles we feared for our safety and got off the bus at the next stop, yet didn't stray far from our stop, because we wanted to quickly get on the next bus. 2 1/2 hours and 2 phone calls later the next bus finally arrived. We missed appointments as that the entire tour was suppose to be less than two hours. We finally got on the bus that was over 2 hours late and within 5 minutes we had gotten into an accident. Over half an hour later a different bus picked us slowly (in 5 o'clock traffic, our tour started at 1) took us back to our starting point. I called 4 times for a refund, but each time there was not a supervisor to help return any money. I would NOT recommend the hop on hop off tour...it is dangerous!

Visited August 2012
Geelong, Australia
“A Deluxe City Tour & Star Home Tour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We travelled on this tour today, 4th January, 2013. We booked this tour through our Travel Agent before we left Australia. My husband had done a similar tour with another Company nearly 2 years ago and thought it would be a good tour from myself and our two teenage children to get an overview and see the main sites of LA and Hollywood.

We were collected from the Crowne Plaza, Beverley Hills at 8.35am. We boarded the bus and had no idea what was going on. We sat on the bus for half an hour and arrived at the Starline Depot. We were told to get off the bus and go inside and get our tickets and would be told what bus to board. We joined the line that was going no where quickly. There were no signs on where to go and what to do. There were staff squeezing through the lines but not offering any assistance. My husband went off to another office and came back with our tickets and said hurry up the bus is about to leave.

The day did not get off to a good start. We then boarded a double decker bus with another 50 or 60 other people. The top deck was nearly full by the time we boarded the bus, only two of us would have been able to sit here so we ended up downstairs for the day. We stopped at The Bowl and were told to make sure we were back on time or we would be left behind and would have to ring the office to find out where to arrange our own transport to to meet up with the tour again.

We then went back to the depot and got off the bus to do the Walk of Fame and Kodak Theatre. As the tour group was so large you could not hear the tour guide if you were at the rear of the group and did not have sufficient time to look at the stars or the hand and foot prints.

The day continued on like this all day. We could not see the attractions very well that we drove past from the bottom of the bus. After lunch when the tour headed to downtown LA we noticed a lot of the other it our party asleep and ended up dozing off ourselves. We also heard comments from the top of the bus about the number of tourists that had gone to sleep.

We were pleased when the tour was over and we were back at the depot. We were debating about whether to go on the Star Homes Tour which was the second part of the tour. We were told to wait on the bus and that the staff were there to organise us onto the correct transfers and connection tours. We sat on the bus while they organised the hotel transfers. We were the last group to be called to connect to our Stars Home tours. We stood and waited to be told which bus to board. We found out we were to sit in another enclosed smaller bus we opted out of the tour and went back to look at the walk of fame and kodak theatre that we had not had a chance to see properly in the morning.

We were really disappointed as we have been in the States for three weeks and this is the worst tour we have been on.

We would like to suggest that Starline provide smaller and more personalised tour groups and reschedule the tour to allow more time at the stops (maybe another 15 minutes, smaller groups would also mean not waiting for so long for everyone to board and exit the bus). Smaller groups would also allow all guests to hear the tour guide on the walkabout tours.

We did not get anywhere close to the Hollywood sign which was a huge disappoint to us. This tour was a waste of money.

Visited January 2013
ctyatstarline, Manager at Starline Tours, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Leanne, It's our goal to ensure that you have an enjoyable time so we are very sorry for the experience you had with us. We thank you for the feedback that you shared with us as it brings to light the areas that need improvement. Typically we do have personnel directing customers to our check-in and loading areas. We're sorry if this wasn't the case. Our Operations team is looking to provide better signage as well as additonal staff if necessary to assist customers. We do appreciate your suggestions of small group tours which we actually offer such as the Movie Stars Home Tour, TMZ Tour, One hour trolley tour but we find that our large coach buses are best suited for longer tours and for the comfort of our guests. With that being said, since most of our customers travel from around the world, it wouldn't be a surprise if they did doze off from time to time due to jet lag. The Grand Tour is one of the most comprehensive tours of LA that 5 1/2 is still not enough to see all of LA. It is highly suggested that customers who take the morning tour take advantage of the time after their tour to see the sights on Hollywood Blvd on their own or to come a little earlier if they go for the midday tour. Again, we are sorry for your disappointment and do appreciate your suggestions and feedback. Should you ever find yourself back in Los Angeles, please let us know so that we can try to better accommodate you. Apologetically yours, Starline Tours Managerment.