“Hidden Gem for Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 59 Restaurants in Los Altos
San Francisco, California
“Hidden Gem for Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

A Good Morning is on a major road, but tucked into the corner of a strip mall.

We had our first meal (breakfast) just yesterday and were very impressed. Service was friendly, fast and helpful. Food was above average in flavor, texture and eye appeal.

We noted that there is a simplified breakfast/takeout menu in addition to the very extensive dine-in menu for breakfast/lunch.

Will definitely eat here again!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sunnyvale, CA
“Missed potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This could be a great place. Though small, they offer a wide variety of breakfasts and lunch and could really hit high marks. The staff seems very friendly and seemingly tries hard to please. The food is good (but not great), but its really pretty simple, standard breakfast/lunch fare. What we experienced was an inordinately long wait. We came for a late breakfast on Memorial Day and found the place packed. Nevertheless, we got an outside table but ended up waiting nearly forty minutes before getting our food. We were given menus by a friendly waitress but after waiting for nearly 15 minutes for someone to take our order, a different waitress came by with coffee/juice that she thought was for us but was for someone else. We got coffee and had to ask for refills in waiting for what was really pretty simple eggs/potatoes/sausage fare. Coffee was nice and strong. The food was good but the service was very slow. I'm not sure why they were having such problems as others around us were also complaining about the very long wait times. I've read other reviews in Yelp and there seems to be problems with the service waits. People were friendly (and apologetic) but still, there are many good choices for breakfasts/lunch in this area so unless they improve on the efficiency, I'll take my business elsewhere. Its a shame, as I really wanted this place to be a hit with me.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
California
“EXCELLENT Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Friendly staff, excellent food and coffee! Will definitely go back if I am ever in the area again.

Visited February 2012
Milwaukee, WI
“Food good, service, not the greatest.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We went here for breakfast before leaving to head back home. This is a favorite of my sister's, so we thought we'd give it a try. The service wasn't that great, but it was crowded/busy. The place is not that big. It took a while to get our food, but when we did, everyone received what they ordered. I had no complaints about the food. I'd go there again, just to give it another try.

Visited January 2012
Santa Clara, California
“Small place but good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We were feeling really hungry while coming back from Stanford hike and were searching for a breakfast place and then we saw this place. It is a small place with at least 15-20 mins wait. Even the sitting arranged is not good. We ordered Veggie Benedict, French toast & eggs special & Bagel with veggies with a glass of Orange juice & Cafe Mocha. But our order took about 20-25 mins to come because of the rush at the restaurant. It got so delayed that if our food won’t have been there in next 5 mins we would have cancelled the order. But the food compensated for it. I really liked the freshly squeezed orange juice that I ordered another glass but didn't like the bagel with veggies. The other two dishes were good as per my friends and according to my hubby since a long time he didn't had a Cafe Mocha like this before as it was very good. It was really a nice & reasonable place but if you are allergic to eggs then this is not the place for you as it's a delight for non-vegetarians and eggetarians.

• Visited November 2011