“Nice find!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 59 Restaurants in Los Altos
Cupertino, California
“Nice find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here with my sisters recently and will definitely come back. Very small with only 15 or so seats. I had the lamb and beef gyros salad...very tasty, delicious dressing on the salad. My sisters were also very satisfied with their meals, with one loving the hummus and baba ghanouj. Also enjoyed their complimentary hot tea served just as we were finishing our meals...perfect with their very rich, but very good baklava.

Visited March 2014

Los Altos, CA
“Real Mediterranean food in Los Altos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's a tiny little restaurant on Main St., open all day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've never had breakfast here, but the lunches are delicious - falafel, hummus, baba ghanoush, kebabs, etc. Everyone in our family likes this place, and there are tables outside.
I like that it's family-owned, and the owners are kind and take pride in taking care of their customers.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Petra - Wadi Musa, Jordan
“What a great, hole-in-the-wall find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

What a great, hole-in-the-wall find! The owner is so kind and friendly, the menu is extensive and excellent, and the food is really delicious. I tried both the salmon souvlaki plate and the falafel plate... LOVED each one! And I'm picky about falafel, but theirs is flavored perfectly and fried to perfection. The hummus that comes with is great as well. The salmon was flaky, meaty, tender, and simple-- but really great. Even the salad that came on the side was much more involved and creative than usual.

We finished the meal off with some baklava, which was a great choice. It was so good!! Not too dry or too wet... mmmm.

It's not exactly a great value in terms of portion size. We were satisfied by the portions but not necessarily full-- so for hungry kids, this may not be an ideal choice. For a date night, though--or a more intimate dinner with friends--five stars!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A Nice Little Place for Greek Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I and our nephew recently had lunch at Cafe Nur and enjoyed it. It's a very small place in the Los Altos business district and a nice alternative to some of the more "trendy" places in the area. It's upretentious, but clean and bright. The service was just ok, though the manager was very friendly and quick to respond helpfully if we needed anything. Our nephew had a Nutella crepe, which I admit is not something I would ever imagine ordering, but it looked to be well prepared and a generous portion. I had a Mediterranean breakfast dish (eggs and typical Greek sides) and my wife had moussaka. She thought it was the best moussaka she has ever eaten, and she has tried it all over the country. My breakfast meal was tasty and I enjoyed every bite. We finished the deal off with some baklava, which was also well prepared. I'd definitely recommend it for a quick breakfast or lunch.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Silverton, Oregon
“Oooopah! Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed the best Gyros here. The meat was especially nicely seasoned. We also liked the platter clean with the order of dolmas. Unfortunately, I was too full to try the baklava or the complimentary cup of tea the owner/manager/hostess offered us. The people working there were so incredibly nice - gentle, quiet and kind. Also, the price was right. We were travelling and so cannot go back weekly, but anytime we are in the area, we'll be there.

• Visited November 2013