“Overall pretty good!” 3 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Los Altos
“Overall pretty good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

When I first got to my room I wasn't that impressed, although I had just come from an awesome stay at a beautiful hotel in Seattle, so my perspective may have been a bit skewed. The decor was just ok, a little outdated. There were 2 things that I had to complain about:

1) No restaurant IN the hotel if you wanted a meal other than breakfast. I got back from a work meeting and had a raging headache - I hadn't been able to eat all day (migraine - no good) so I came back to my room and passed out for a few hours. I woke up and was sooo hungry but still feeling crummy. I just wanted something to eat but I didn't want to have to leave the hotel. So I was out of luck. No restaurant in the hotel that is open past the early afternoon. They DID have a little market next to the front desk, so I microwaved some chunky soup (right there - because there are no microwaves in the room) and had some pop-tarts. Not a great dinner but I needed something. I know there were lots of places to eat nearby but I really didn't want to go out, so I guess it's kind of my own fault.

2) No wifi? To use the internet I had to plug in using an ethernet cable (they provided). Not great if you need to work but wanted to relax in bed while working... couldn't do it. The internet was pretty fast once I got myself plugged in and set up, but as I previously mentioned I had an awful migraine and the last thing I felt like doing was sit at the desk. Now I was traveling for business, so if this was a personal trip this wouldn't have been a big deal, but for me it was kind of annoying.

The room was very clean, the bed was comfy - but there was only a thin blanket on the bed and I like big comforters, but that's just my personal preference. The people were nice and when I did get to grab some breakfast at the breakfast place in the hotel, the food was very good. The location was convenient for me because it was only about a mile away from my client's offices, but I don't know what else was around town as I didn't get a chance to do much exploring.

I think if you're going for a personal stay and this hotel is convenient to where you are going then it's a good place to stay - although for me personally I may try to see what else is available in the area next time I have to go to Palo Alto.

Room Tip: They gave me a handicapped room (however I'm not handicapped so they may have just been short on...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Clean, recently updated rooms and a great staff. Great location within walking distance to many great food choices.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here for a night during a recent work trip to palo alto. A regular Courtyard..but rather noisy. Maybe a room that doesn't face the street may help.

• Stayed November 2011
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This was by far one of the best hotels that we have stayed in. The staff was so friendly and accomidating. The location was great and near everything we wanted and needed. This hotel was clean, beautiful, and spacious. We didn't want to leave to come home :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

My husband stays here quite often for work and I joined him for one night last week. The hotel is on a busy street but the rooms are quiet even if the room faces the road. The room was spacious (king and sofa) with a nice layout, though the sink in the bathroom area was quite cramped. I really enjoyed the lotions and shampoos! (I usually stay at Hilton properties so this Courtyard was quite different for me...)

The bed was very comfortable and the staff were friendly. The parking garage in the basement gives you some extra commute time in the AM as getting out seems to take a bit of time. The good thing with the garage is that you feel that the car is safe and secure.

The location was also convenient, especially to Stanford - I'd recommend this hotel to business or leisure travellers.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Not a high class stay, but a comfortable one in an expensive city. It was a nice alternative and convenient for driving in the area. Garage parking was convenient and the staff was helpful and courteous. Not a glamour place, but a nice one where I felt safe and not gouged on price. Full gym was convenient.

Room Tip: handicap accessible with garage parking
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

This is a very well maintained and well run hotel. Staff are all friendly and very helpful. Rooms were large, modern and clean.
The breakfast was good, and the service was efficient. The outdoor patio area with the firepits were a bonus.
On the downside, the beds were very soft, and there were no in room safes.

Room Tip: You may want to choose a higher floor as you can hear the guests above stomping around in their room...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Palo Alto Los Altos? Share your experiences!