“Fabulous bike ride on even better bikes” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Attractions in Los Altos
More attraction details
Owner description: Undiscovered Country (UDC) is the leading California bicycle touring company, producing deluxe road bike trips for adults. UDC also has pro-level carbon roads bikes available for rent in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Oslo, Norway
“Fabulous bike ride on even better bikes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Excellent service with solid, experienced staff. I didn't try their trips , but got all the support I needed for a premium bike experience in the Santa Cruise mountains .

Visited January 2014

Connecticut
“Great Bike Tour: Solvang Santa Barbara Wine Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I just completed a weekend bike tour with UDC tours cycling thru the Wine Country of Santa Ynez Valley and we loved it. It was our first guided tour and we choose UDC because they specialize in California and all the reviews we read, had nothing but positives to say about the experience. The tour was based in Solvang at The Hadsten House; which offered very nice and comfortable lodging along with a very much appreciated outdoor hot tub and indoor pool. We met our guides, Laura & Daryl, on Saturday where we, along with the other 5 cyclists in our group, were greeted with a backpack filled with cycling related "goodies", fitted with top-notch Scot bikes, personalized water bottles, and a meticulous route map with turn by turn directions. Both Laura & Daryl rode with us the first day to make sure we were acclimated to our bikes and the area.

Over the next two days, either Laura or Daryl rode with our group while the other followed in the "sag wagon" to offer support as needed or to drive ahead and set-up a nice picnic lunch. Really fabulous riding over the weekend included pedaling along beautiful backroads past vineyards and farms, all while enjoying breathtaking views in Ballard and Foxen Canyon. Yes, those views provide a scenic distraction while climbing (ascending) the canyons and a beautiful "reward" while enjoying the downward descents! Each day of very satisfying cycling ended with a stop in town at the Bulldog Cafe to regroup and swap stories followed by a really nice dinner out with the whole group at two area restaurants in Solvang: Cecco's and Mirabelle's.

UDC tours takes care of just about everything while you're on the tour; and truly, seems to put a lot of thought into ensuring that each rider has a successful and enjoyable experience, which includes the little things like having an ample supply of energy snacks "just in case" (which I ended up needing the first day out). Our guides were great, knowledgeable, very warm and friendly. The quality of the bikes is top notch and scenery hard to beat! We are considering booking another trip in California next Fall and would not hesitate to recommend UDC for anyone considering a bike tour.

Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great bike and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I rented a Scott Foil from UDC last week and couldn't be happier! The online ordering/detailing, pickup and final adjustment process were all excellent. Most of all, the service from the staff, I dealt with Terry and Mike, and the bike were great. The bike itself worked really well and they dialed it in for me with the same pedals and gearing I have my normal bike so the road feel, especially on the climbs I did, was very comfortable. Overall, a great experience at a very reasonable cost.

Visited November 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Fantastic! Hi from Ireland.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I rented a bike from UDC when I was a on work trip in Santa Clara in October. Due to some old injuries, I have special bike fit requirements. I cannot say enough about how absolutely fantastic my experience with UDC was. I dealt with a lady called Laura who was very friendly, knowledgeable and very exact. The Bike I got was absolutely perfect, setup perfectly, very new and fully equipped with Helmet, puncture bag, etc. Biking maps, additional information added for free. They dropped/collected it at the hotel, so it saved any extra effort. Again, brilliant. I recommend anyone to use their service. James from Ireland.

Visited October 2013
Bedford, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“Top-notch bikes, top-notch service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We rented three bikes from Undiscovered Country for a day's ride this September. The bikes were top quality, new this season, lighter than air :-), beautifully maintained road bikes. They were ready on time, adjusted to our exact measurements, already fitted with pedals matching our own bike shoes. The personnel at the shop were friendly and helpful, and very knowledgeable about routes. We had an excellent ride from the shop up through Portola Valley, up the very steep Old La Honda Rd. to Skyline Boulevard, then down and tooling through Stanford U. I would recommend Undiscovered Country whole-heartedly to anyone wishing to rent great bikes. I am also planning to look into their guided tours. The people are so organized and so professional that I would trust them completely.

Visited September 2013