“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Los Alamos B&B and Inns
Porterville, California
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Victorian Mansion is probably one of the best places I have ever stayed in my life. We did not arrive until 9:30 Friday nite, and Diane met us to check us in. She was so friendly and showed us all the ammenities, took her time even though it was late. Breakfast is delivered to your room every morning, and it is wonderful. We stayed in the Paris room, and I can't wait to come and try one of the other rooms very soon. I met Rod Saturday morning, and he is so friendly, makes you feel right at home. I would recomend this place to anyone wanting a special weekend away in a wonderful room. The painting on the walls of our room was beautiful. I would see something different every time I looked, the artist is very talented. Thank you Rod and staff for a great experience. We went to Madonna Inn for two nites after this place, and there is no comparison, I would say the Vick is #1.

Room Tip: The French room is wonderful, but it is up two flights of stairs, and the loft bed is up stairs, jus...

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I took my wife here for a birthday weekend getaway. It was fantastic! A few tips for those who are considering the same:

Easy set-up: Rod arranged roses at arrival, birthday balloons for our second day, which allowed me to go down in the romantic "hall of fame" with my wife. He truly wants to help you shine.

Plenty to do: Try the Kenneth Volk vineyard, about 20 minutes away for a great tasting (and if you’re lucky, a behind the scenes tour). We found the “Full of Life Flatbread” restaurant as great food with no waiting for a table if you go after 8pm (earlier than that, you may have challenges)

Variety of rooms: You could make a tour of the 6 rooms, trying 1 for each getaway weekend. Paris and Pirates are on the top floor, nested among dormer windows; so if you have trouble climbing stairs or are over 6’2” tall, you may prefer the other rooms

Something to look forward to is the cast-away ship and tree house, both outside the mansion confines, in 2014!

Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

"Honey, do you want to stay in the Roman Room or the Pirate Room?" When my husband first asked me this question in 2012, I thought he was nuts. A B&B with themed rooms? Yikes! I'm so glad he proved me wrong. My husband and I first traveled to the Vick in May of 2012 for our anniversary and we immediately knew we wanted to return in 2013! Each room transports you with it's amazing details, from the knick-knacks, furniture, and murals! Beds our cozy, the bathtub is huge and luxurious, and Rod (the owner) does a wonderful job of ensuring your entire stay and journey through Los Alamos is perfect. We've stayed in both the Roman and Pirate rooms, and each one is a trip! A trip to wine country is not complete without a trip to Los Alamos, and The Vick is icing on the cake.

Room Tip: Every room is an adventure!
Corona, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

What an amazing experience! We stayed in the Roman room and couldn't have asked for more! Every aspect of the room was themed, from the movies, to the decor to the jacuzzi. Bed was extremely comfortable. Rod, the proprietor, is nicest host ever. Really class act place. All the rooms have their own draw and detail. We rented a Harley out of Ventura, rode up the coast and stayed here for our anniversary. Best one yet (of 12)! Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

By far the best place I have ever (caps wanted) stayed at. Both inn-keepers were phenomenal. Rod, the proprietor, is the heart of the place. There are only six rooms in the house, and we stayed in the 50's themed room. We viewed almost all the other rooms (less one because it was already occupied), and my boyfriend was in absolute awe of the room we stayed in. He is restoring a '64 Caddy, so to sleep in a '56 was far beyond any other experience he has had. The attention to detail in the rooms and the customer service has created a memory that will last a lifetime. We are already discussing what the next room will be that we stay in...if it isn't the the 50's room.
Highly recommend this place!!!(caps wanted)

Room Tip: No tips, just go!! (Caps wanted)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Victorian Mansion at Los Alamos is one of my wife and my favorite places to stay anywhere. We have travelled extensively, and have stayed at some of the best hotels around. Our last stay was to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, and it completely lived up to our high expectations. While we had planned to stay in the Gypsy suite to mirror our third wedding anniversary, we were given a tour of several of the other themed rooms by Tina, who was incredibly accomodating, friendly, and helpful. After seeing several rooms we decided to stay in the Egyption suite instead. We were not disappointed! Everything about how that, and all of the other rooms are decorated, makes it obvious that decorating, running, and maintaining this very special place was, and remains, a labor of love. Once you stay in one room, you will want to stay in other rooms on subsequent trips. Following our visit, Mr. Rod Rigole, the mansion's proprietor, personally called me to insure that our stay lived up to our expectations. The customer care we experienced is absolutely first rate. I can't say enought positive things about this unique location and how it is run. If you are looking for a very special stay while travelling up the California coast this is one place you should definitely check out.

Room Tip: That's difficult. The web site does not do each room justice. If you like the theme, you will...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
South San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our stay at the Victorian Mansion was nothing short of wonderful. We were promptly greeted upon arrival and given a short history and tour of the mansion. Then to our room - the Egyptian Suite. The minute we stepped into the room we immediately felt like we had just been transported to another land. It's the perfect romantic getaway from the cares and worries of the outside world. The attention to detail was fantastic and the props didn't look cheesy at all. This was a surprise birthday gift for my wife and she loved it. We were very well treated by our hosts and felt relaxed and comfortable. I would highly recommend the Victorian Mansion.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic. It depends on the kind of theme you're looking for. I can highly re...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Victorian Mansion at Los Alamos? Share your experiences!