Based on previous reviews, we booked at The Vick for our first anniversary. Los Alamos is a sleepy town but quite close to the wine regions of Los Olivos and only about 2.5 hours from Los Angeles. We were told that we could try 2 rooms durting our 3 night stay, but because we needed to change our dates of stay quite close to our arrival date, we were not able to stay 2 days in any one room and were able to try out 3 rooms!! What a treat as we were able to stay in France, Egypt and with gypsies for a night each. Each of the suites was unique and all were very large, covering more square footage than the average large hotel room. The themes of the rooms were witnessed in furnishings, murals, games, videos, sound effects etc and each was special. The hot tubs in each room were very large and deep and needed to be negotiated with some care but were very relaxing and fun. The bathrooms were a bit crowded in the sink area for 2 people to use simultaneously, but that's about all the negative I can muster about our stay. The staff was terrific and the breakfasts were large, varied and delicious. It was romantic and private and we loved every minute!!! The French Room's bed was in a loft space and required us to ascend a circular staircase to reach the main level of the suite and the bathroom. It was charming and absolutely seemed as though we were in an artist's apartment with realistic murals of balloonists and sites of Paris on the ceilings and walls and an easel with oil paints available for our fantasy. The Egyptian Room had the most gorgeous 4 poster bed on an elevated platform and harem tented roof and a bath entered through a golden sacrophagus!! The Gypsy Room's walls were covered wsith the 4 seasons and we slept in a gypsy's caravan bed. Our only regret was the inability to experience the additional 3 rooms....but that will be done on future visits.
- Also Known As:
- The Victorian Mansion At Los Alamos Hotel Los Alamos
- The Victorian Mansion At Los Alamos Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the outside, the Victorian Mansion is a gorgeous, recently-renovated 1864 Victorian nestled in the heart of wine country. On the inside, it houses six incredible theme suites featuring theme beds, in-room hot tubs, fireplaces and hidden bathrooms. Music, fragrance, handpainted murals and tiles, movies and furniture will immerse you in the fantasy of your choice - will you stay in a sheik's tent? A 50's drive-in? A pirate ship? A gypsy caravan? Fantasy does not come at the expense of luxury or taste. Each room features impeccable decor and premium mattresses, sheets, towels and bathrobes. With our standard rates, a delicious bottle of local wine waits for you on arrival and a hot, gourmet breakfast is delivered to your suite every morning. Come visit us in the heart of the wine country made famous by the movie, Sideways - only a short drive from Los Angeles or San Jose through some of the most breathtaking scenery in the US. Get ready for an unforgettable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Victorian Mansion at Los Alamos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.