We stayed four nights in July. Because the Egyptian Room, which we had reserved, was not available because of a water leak. We stayed two nights in the Gypsy Room, one night in the French Room, and one night in the Pirates Room. The craftsmanship of each room is very high. The staff is friendly and helpful. However we experienced several negatives. The B&B has no television so we missed the Opening Ceremonies and first days of the Olympics. The Gypsy and Pirates Rooms are so dark that after sunset it is impossible to read in the rooms. The staff provided a lamp after we requested one. So we huddled around a lamp to read. There are no chairs in the Gypsy and Pirates Rooms so you have to sit on the floor to eat--this is style over comfort. There are wooden benches but they are not comfortable. The Pirates Room has no wi-fi so we had sit in the hallway on the floor to connect to email and to work as the B&B has no common area. The breakfasts are just average. We drove into Santa Barbara one day to have a good breakfast. We found the rooms interesting to look at but uncomfortable to live in.
- Also Known As:
- The Victorian Mansion At Los Alamos Hotel
- The Victorian Mansion At Los Alamos Hotel Los Alamos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the outside, the Victorian Mansion is a gorgeous, recently-renovated 1864 Victorian nestled in the heart of wine country. On the inside, it houses six incredible theme suites featuring theme beds, in-room hot tubs, fireplaces and hidden bathrooms. Music, fragrance, handpainted murals and tiles, movies and furniture will immerse you in the fantasy of your choice - will you stay in a sheik's tent? A 50's drive-in? A pirate ship? A gypsy caravan? Fantasy does not come at the expense of luxury or taste. Each room features impeccable decor and premium mattresses, sheets, towels and bathrobes. With our standard rates, a delicious bottle of local wine waits for you on arrival and a hot, gourmet breakfast is delivered to your suite every morning. Come visit us in the heart of the wine country made famous by the movie, Sideways - only a short drive from Los Angeles or San Jose through some of the most breathtaking scenery in the US. Get ready for an unforgettable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The Victorian Mansion at Los Alamos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.