“Surprising Value & Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Don's Turf Motel-Los Alamitos

Don's Turf Motel-Los Alamitos
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Los Alamitos
Don's Turf Motel-Los Alamitos
Save Saved
You added Don's Turf Motel-Los Alamitos to your Saves list
4732 Katella Avenue, Los Alamitos, CA 90720   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Los Alamitos
Melbourne, Australia
“Surprising Value & Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've now stayed at the Turf twice. For around fifty bucks, you get a clean bed, hot shower, pool access and free parking, TV and some rooms have microwaves and/or fridges. Just ask! My partner left his phone in the room when we left town--and a week later, we phoned the front desk and they saved his phone for us. We showed my ID to pick it up--no worries! Great service. I will stay there again. Hope to see the butterflies in the butterfly garden when it's the right season.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011 via mobile

This motel is cleaner than any motel I have ever seen. The pool is sparkling clean and the gardens are well kept. I would rather stay hear than any other hotel down the street. I will recommend this place to everyone and will tell people about this place. I had to stay at this motel because my apartment was not ready to moved into and I had to move out of my last place, so I stayed here. Great place and love the butterflies and humming birds that seem to live there.

• Stayed July 2011
atlanta, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

This is a clean, well lighted place with comfy beds near a family reunion! We'll be back. The staff and service is fantastic & the clientele quiet. There is even a hummingbird garden near the pool.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the retro oasis pool.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Murrieta, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

I spent one night in this motel because I needed to stay close to my daughter's home for one night and she didn't have accommodations for me. The motel was built in the 50's and the rooms are very clean and well maintained. All of the rooms are situated around a courtyard that includes a swimming pool and nice grassy area with plants and flowers. The motel is definitely a bare-bones motel with no amenities but if you simply want a room to sleep in and don't want to pay much then this is the place for you. The bed in my room was very comfortable but it was hard to sleep in the morning due to the fact there was no darkened drapes, only thin white drapes. The lady at the front desk was very welcoming, caring and helpful. This motel is located on a busy street and I was told that since my room was near the back of the property it was quiet but I could still hear the cars since I'm a light sleeper. There are plenty of restaurants and other businesses located nearby.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

I stayed at Don's Turf Motel after a plumbing problem had occurred. The girl at the front desk greeted me and instantly made me feel good about staying there. She didn't mind showing me the rooms before I paid. For what people have heard they DON'T charge by the hour. I asked haha. The pool is extremely clean It's nice to lay out there. I would definitly stay there again. They don't have cable or WiFi but then again they are a MOTEL. They have regular TV with older TV sets. Nothing to complain about it's like people say don't judge a book by its cover.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Cypress
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

I live local. Needed to leave my house due to a construction emergency. Googled hotels in my area. Would have never thought of staying here except for the positive comments. I have lived in the area all my life and yes...have made snide remarks about them charging "by the hour". No, it's not the Hilton, or the Marriot's across the street but if you need a clean, inexpensive place to stay you can't beat it. There is no flat screen TV, just a basic cable "old school" television, no hair dryers, complimentary shampoos, etc. but the rooms are large and clean!! I peeked into one of the downstairs rooms and to my surprise they were furnished a bit differently than my room upstairs, with mini fridge and microwave. Maybe you get one if you request it, but for my purpose, it wasn't necessary. If the weather would have been nicer I probably would have been lounging around the sparkling clear pool. If you like "kitch" you have it here. From the neon sign out front to the lamps, closets and furnishings. All seemed to be original but are very clean and well taken care of. Didn't have much interaction with any staff which is fine by me, but the girl at the check-in desk was up beat, friendly and funny. Lots of shopping, places to eat etc., up and down Katella. Even walked to Costco for ice cream! Oh yeah! Can't forget the best part! $52.00 a night! Thanks to those who left their positive comments or I would have ended up at one of the Marriot's at triple the cost!

• Stayed April 2010
Crown Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

I was a little nervous stopping by this hotel to even find out their rates. The outside looks sketchy at first. But the inside is super clean with wonderful landscaping. Ask for a room on the first floor because you get a sliding glass door to the pool and yard which we had all to ourselves. Definitley worth a look!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Don's Turf Motel-Los Alamitos? Share your experiences!