“Pretty Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
New York, NY
“Pretty Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I ordered from them, and one of the dishes we ordered was wrong. It was a coconut chicken soup, not the kung pao chicken. We called back to correct the mistake, and I was told they'd have to speak to the driver, who then called me back 30 minutes later, yelled at me, and hung up on me.
Now, obviously there was a communication barrier. He must not have understood me when I ordered. (I was looking at the online menu, which doesn't have numbers listed, so we had rely on, you know, English.) But regardless, this is terrible customer service. I called right away to tell them of their mistake, was very reasonable about it, and did not deserve to be treated that way. I never did get any dinner that night.
The soup itself, which my husband ended up eating, was very average. His pepper steak was runny and not particularly good. I would avoid. The best Thai in Long Beach is May's, but they don't deliver. It's worth the drive to pick it up.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

La Quinta, California
“A normal small Thai restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Thai Silk is a small restaurant on Broadway in East Long Beach. It has good curry, the spiciness made to your order. Also good is the spicy eggplant with tofu (tofu can be cooked to your order).

Service is prompt and attentive. The restaurant is clean and does a nice mid-day business, including deliveries to the surrounding area.

There is a lunch special menu, with most dishes about $6.00, including a salad and soup. While the salad is small and a typical green salad, it is good and compliments the lunch. The soup (won ton) is not particularly spicy, but has some flavor.

A favorite is the Panang Curry (vegetable). It is also available with tofu, beef, chicken, or pork. Again, spiciness is based upon your request.

The full menu has a very large variety of dishes (more than one would expect in this small a restaurant), running the range of typical Thai to somewhat unusual. You can ask for adjustments to the menu dishes and they are typically accommodated.

The restaurant seats about 20 customers.

If you are looking for a small, quiet, family-friendly Thai restaurant, this may suit your need.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Decent delivery Thai. Not awesome sit down Thai but not greasy dive Thai either.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2008