“Exceeded Expectations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4105 E. Willow St, Long Beach, CA 90815   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
“Exceeded Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very weary at first but wanted to give it a try, afterwards, I was glad I took the chance. The hotel was a little older but still maintained exceptionally well. The staff was excellent and very efficient assuring that they were helpful and efficient. I would definitely recommend and stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. Great location easy access to the airport. Front desk and house keeping personnel were friendly, courteous, and helpful. We had a plumbing problem and it was handled immediately. My only negative comment is that the hallways smelled of smoke and pot. I was a little surprised by the negative reviews. But we were pleasently surprised and we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our hotel and your experience. I am glad to read that our staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful. Still, I do apologize for the smoke odor in our hallway. Please know that Extended Stay America does not condone any illegal activity. I will be working with my housekeeping staff to deodorize the hallways accordingly. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Older room, poor lighting, cheap fixtures and the other guests were.....not who I would want to bump into in the dark. Very close to airport and other stops I was making but not where I would EVER stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

To much dismay, I was very worried about checking into this hotel after reading so many negative review, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The receptionist was very nice and polite when I checked in. On my way to my room, the hallway smelled of smoke and weed, but room itself was pleasant. There was a stove and fridge in the room. I didn't use the stove, but the fridge did keep my water chilled at a fairly decent temperature. The bathroom was clean; however I was very weary about the shower curtain. It seemed very permeable so I just adjusted the shower head to face inwards a little to avoid as much water splashing on the curtain. Overall, everything was clean and enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I recently sold my condo and needed a place to stay on a month to month basis, until I could relocate, I choose Extended Stay because of its location and at that time, the price, plus being able to work out of the Extended Stay Executive Suite. I checked into Extended Stay in April 2013, and end up staying until February 1st, 2014. I felt so comfortable and safe at this Long Beach Airport Location, the hotel staff was outstanding, genuine, down to earth, professional, yet had a good sense of humor. I would like to point out an interesting observation, being a Senior Level Contract Manager, I couldn't help but observed during my nine month Extended Stay, that the Lead Manager Carlos and his staff not only enjoyed having guests, such as myself around, but also showed a professional relaxation around their own boss, Carlos. During my stay, I noticed three staff members graduate into the next step of Hotel Management, and this made me feel I had witnessed an accomplishment, of seeing how this Hotel Operates, Makes sense, I felt I was a part of Carlos Extended Stay Family of Guests and Employees. All his employees, were so down to earth, and had a genuine sense of humor, plus I enjoyed my little chats while I was in the lobby, or walking up or down the hallways, where the housekeepers were always cleaning the rooms with a professional, friendly manner. What my leading true point to this review is during my nine month stay, I was solo, yet I never felt alone, for example, all my immediate family lives in Illinois, and I was not able to fly back during Christmas due a personal back injury while organizing my personal storage room. My first Christmas away from my Illinois family was bearable, not just because the Long Beach weather was sunny and warm, but mainly because I felt I knew Carlos and his staff well enough to be invited to hang out with them while they had their Employee Christmas Party. The Christmas Tree was beautiful, and the atmosphere at Extended Stay in Long Beach was happy and Cheerful, during the Holiday season, so that is why my review is called " Home is Where YOUR Suitcase Is !!!! Rick R.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd Floor level, in the corner facing east or west, away from Willow Street and if availab...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Everything in the room and in the hallway smelled gross, the sink was in disrepair, there was a damp and moldy wooden bench in the bathtub. The upstairs guests were loud all night long, and no one answered at the front desk when needed. Never staying at an extended stay again!

• Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Staff were excellent. Room much too expensive for a one-night stay and knowing the hour in which it was booked, too expensive.

Room has extensive facilities, excellent for long stays. Extra towels and pillows were already in room.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport? Share your experiences!