“Perfect for a night out in Long Beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1133 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90813   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
California
“Perfect for a night out in Long Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Me and my friends decided to go out on 2nd street in Long Beach for the night, and this was the perfect hotel. Close to the area, clean, Nothing special. Elevators are slow and not the prettiest in the world. But that didn't bother us. It suited what I needed it for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sharon B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for visiting Long Beach and choosing to stay with us. I apologize if the elevators were anything less than you expected but glad we met your needs for a great location and clean rooms. I hope you will choose to stay with us again.
Sharon Bateman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Thai first
Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We used this hotel as the staging property for family from around the country to gather prior to a cruise to marry our daughter. The staff and especially sharon the manager were outstanding! Every request was promptly handled. The restaurant food and service was high quality and fairly priced. Shuttle service dropped us right at the ship & promptly picked us up on our return. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sharon B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this review, August 21, 2012
It was my pleasure to be of service to you and your family. My staff and I enjoyed the opportunity to provide you with our courtesy shuttle to the cruise and back to the hotel on your return. The park and cruise package is a great value. We have recently refreshed our rooms and renovated our bathrooms so I am happy you enjoyed them. Cleanliness is always our top priority so I will pass on your positive feedback to our housekeeping staff. I appreciate you mentioning the high quality and fairly priced food because not everyone chooses to eat in the hotel when there are so many choices. Again it was our pleasure to be of service I look forward to welcoming you back to our area next time.

Warm Regards,
Minster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Coming from the UK didn't know the location about a mile from the beach.
But the staff more than made up for lacking a scenic location.
No one could be more helpful.
The Rooms were spacious as well as clean
The hotel had good facilities and the food was reasonably priced
Overall a good value choice

• Stayed August 2012
I appreciate you taking time to write a reveiw of your experience at our hotel. It is always rewarding to get positive feedback on our helpful staff, clean and spacous rooms, food and the value of your choice. We know you have lots of choices so thank you so much for letting us know we lived up to your expecatations as a good one.

Warm regards,
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our Family, taking a four day cruise on Carnaval out of Long Beach, stayed at this hotel the night before we boarded. This hotel provided a great starting point for three different family groups; they shuttled us to and from the cruise ship terminal and allowed us to park our cars at a very reasonable rate while cruising. The rooms and restaurant were first rate, but the best part was the pleasant and helpful staff, with Justin, behind the front desk, being the star. He solved a number problems for us, providing extraordinary service, that helped make our family's trip a success.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sharon B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this review, August 9, 2012
So pleased to hear our extraordinary service made your family’s trip a success . The Park and Cruise is a great package which provides free shuttle to and from the cruise lines, a great hotel room before you go and parking for your car while you are cruising.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on your next family trip to Long Beach.
Minot, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was doubtful that this hotel would fulfill my expectations, based on my previous experiences with hotels in the class. But this hotel rocks. Despite some stains in carpeting and furniture, most everyone I encountered wanted to do their best to make my stay satisfying. The housekeeping staff was awesome, the maintenance guy Temo rocked and was always smiling and joking as appropriate. Furthermore, the shift manager was helpful with a special circumstance I had. The facility is nice enough; some small issues here and there, but overall comfortable and clean. The fitness facility is the best of any hotel I have ever stayed in -- EVER. I am glad their fitness area isn't neglected as I have come to expect.

My only negative comment is in regards to one of the front desk workers. She was rude, sarcastic, and unwelcoming. I was so disgusted with her during one of our conversations that I disliked being in the lobby at any time when she was behind the desk from that time forward. She clearly did not uphold the customer service standard of excellence of everyone else at this hotel. And that's too bad.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Our hotel family truly loves providing our guests’ an awesome experience. So thank you for your comments I will pass them along. I want to apologize for any of our staff who did not uphold the customer service standards of excellence and I hope you will contact me so we can make amends. In spite of that experience I am happy to hear we made the “hotel rocks category” and you found our fitness facility to be “the best”.

I hope we will have the opportunity to be of service again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The shuttle they have really helped me out by hooking us up with a ride. Saved on gas!!!!! Came in a little upset and Richard and Adrian were very helpful and then I was much calmer and smiling,and laughing before we went up to our room.

Room Tip: Up grades are a better choose of rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sharon B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this review, July 30, 2012
It is so great to hear our people and the shuttle are making our guests happy and saving them money. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I hope you come visit us again.

Best wishes,
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed at the hotel as a large group and the staff were very accommodating. Brenda on the breakfast duty in the Anaheim Suite was exceptional! Thank you Brenda!
The room was spacious and really clean. There was an issue with the door keys getting demagnetized/deactivated. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The shuttle service was excellent, not only would they take you downtown to the harbour area, they would also pick us up to return to the hotel from our event if we called ahead.....this is a fantastic service...

IMPORTANT! Of our party of 20 or so families at least SIX of us have had our credit card informational stolen and used at various locations from Costa Mesa to NJ and the HOTEL BOOKING SYSTEM was the common link.
It will make me think twice before making a reservation at Holiday Inn online again.
I'm just saying.........BEWARE! .....AND CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD CHARGES!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sharon B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this review, July 23, 2012
First let me assure you we are investigating your group member’s experience with your credit cards. We take your security very seriously and will continue to search for answers. Any other information you can provide to me would be appreciated. As of this date we have found no direct security issues online but it has been reported. I will keep you informed of any further findings.
I appreciate the time you spent sharing your experience at our hotel. I am extremely pleased that our staff was exceptional, very friendly and helpful. Our shuttle service is a great amenity and I am excited you and your group benefited from this service. I hope you will come back to see us soon. Again we are concerned about your credit card security and will keep pursuing answers. Please feel free to continue corresponding with me direct.
Sharon Bateman

Been to Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area)? Share your experiences!