“Best Rodeway Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edwards, California
“Best Rodeway Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of Choice Hotels and other hotels and this one is the best one ever!

I wasn't expecting much when I booked online but was pleasantly surprised with the room and the front desk staff.

They went out of their way to ensure I had a comfortable experience. Once I checked in and went to my room the front desk clerk stopped by my room a few minutes later to give me a welcome gift! That's never happened to me in the hundreds of hotels I've stayed at. When I checked out the next day they actually gave me a departing gift as well! Wow!

The desk clerks were very attentive and polite and they truly cared about me.

The room was perfect. Newly decorated and clean as a whistle. I could not find anything that was wrong with the room (and I looked hard). And that's never happened before!

The last time I stayed at a Rodeway was in St George, UT and it was a dump!

This hotel is probably in the top three of all the hotels I've ever stayed in my life!

Kudos to the management and staff at the Rodeway Inn in Long Beach, CA! Highest rating ever! And the price was great too. Thank you so much!

Don W.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I've stayed in other Rodeway Inns before, and I certainly wasn't expecting anything above average. Their continental breakfast consisted of muffins and pastrys in cellophane and unspecatular coffee. The clerks appeared a little ashamed of it. There is no separate outside sink. Nevertheless, I've also stayed at the Westin in Long Beach, which is a luxury hotel right on Ocean Blvd. The Rodeway Inn came surprisingly close to it. We did not pay extra for fridge or micro. I had a roommate for my stay and I did not feel crowded in the least. It was a really good experience!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Place is not big, reception/breakfast area is very small. Room was clean and looked great. Bathroom was clean and functional. Water pressure in shower was great. Windows in room and bathroom opens to not so clean back ally. No exhaust in bathroom. Small microwave came handy to warm things up while fridge was small and seems to did not cool anything and it was not running when got there. Bed had nice linen but mattresses are not very comfortable and seems of poor quality. There is no breakfast area and hotel provided few danish, muffins, juice and coffe to take to you room. Overall good but would like to find better value at 100$

Room Tip: If you are visiting long beach area and just need good clean place to sleep and rest. Go for it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Burbank, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed one night here and it was walking distance to the convention center where we had a conference. The staff was very friendly and the rooms where updated. We really liked that there was an extra room for our 16 year old daughter to sleep in. All around it was great for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cottage Grove, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I and friend from San Diego came to Long Beach for a trade show at the Convention Center and reserved two rooms at this hotel. It was convenient to the convention we were attending plus close to nice restaurants and many of Long Beach's scenic attractions including the Queen Mary. Room included flat screen TV, microwave and fridge. Breakfast consisted of coffee, orange juice and muffins. They should add fruit to this mix. Friendly staff. Nothing fancy, but a nice place to stay on a budget.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a pretty average motel, but the bed in my room was in very poor condition: pretty broken down. Also, the WIFI worked very badly: slow and intermittant. I did not try the breakfast. The location is handy to the port.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We arrived late in the evening and picked this motel rabdomly. Rate was a bit high to my opinion ($115 inc tax). Girl at check in was very friendly and nice.

Parking was good, safe and off the streets. Staff was overlooking all of the secured parkinglot.

We requested a double queen and got a room with two beds in two separate spaces. Nice beds, clean and comfortable but the two spaces were extremely small. Not a problem to us as we were just there for one night. But it would not be my choice if I would have to stay more nights.

Breakfast was coffee/tea and some sweet rolls/danish that are served in the tiny 'lobby' and have to be taken into your room. Where you have to eat at your bed.

Overall not bad for sleep-shower-leave. But not recommended for a longer stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!