“Outstanding rooms, great value, good service!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 58 hotels in Long Beach
Kansas City, MO
“Outstanding rooms, great value, good service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was nervous about this property due to the name, Rodeway, I have seen some Rodeway Inns that I would not stay in. But their website was impressive and so were the pictures, so I took a gamble, and I am glad I did! This property was great. Its been totally remodeled about 2 years ago. The rooms were excellent, I would compare the rooms with a new Holiday Inn Expresss or even a newer Fairfield Inn. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We arrived at 11 AM, 4 hours before check-in, no problem our room was ready and within minutes we were in our room.

On the down side, if you are driving the parking area is small and tight, the lobby is tiny, and you get up your breakfast at the lobby and take it back to your room since there is no place to sit in the lobby. Also the breakfast selection was very limited. Still, an excellent value, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: From what I could tell all the rooms are good, we had a 2nd floor room just above the main street ou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

For a Rodeway Inn this was an excellent value! Very clean & updated hotel. It's quiet & close to many, many restaurants (within walking). Also within walking distance to the aquarium & convention center. The staff is very friendly. It is a pretty small property with not a whole lot of parking so if you have multiple vehicles for one room you may have to park one offsite. There isn't much to the free breakfast though so plan on other arrangements for breakfast. There are also no coffee makers in the rooms, which I would have liked, but there are refrigerators & microwaves in every room, which I love.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Riverton, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know that Rodeway Inn's came with this nice of rooms. The hotel is an older property but well and lovingly remodeled and maintained. It is clearly a " locals" secret as almost all of the cars in the parking lot during my stay had California plates. It was a good walk to the convention center, but taxi to or from was $5 so you still saved considerable money over the hotels near the center.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Recently my great friends visited Long Beach and they wouldn't stop raving about how beautiful the town was. Unfortunately for them, they stayed at a motel that was rubbish. It was so awful that they changed accommodations the next night. They moved to the Rodeway Inn because it was near the town centre. During my stay at the Rodeway, we were pleased. The hotel was quite lovely and good fun! The lady that worked in the front gave wonderful recommendations of nearby places to eat. This inn is literally just minutes from downtown, which was convenient for my wife and me. This hotel went above and beyond with location, staff and comfort. I can most definitely say that I will come back again. Cheers to Rodeway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Makara, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We spent the weekend here on our way down to San Diego and was very happy that we had stayed here at the Rodeway Inn. This property in Long Beach was small, but had really clean and comfortable rooms. The bed was very comfortable and the free internet was quite handy. Our room had a flat panel television as well as modern, up to date furnishings. We went to a market up the street to buy some snacks and sundry and had used the small refrigerator and microwave in the room. The small amenities in the bathroom were quite nice as well. Overall, this property was quite nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Crestline, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is a great value for the price. We stayed here the night before participating in the Long Beach Half Marathon. It's perfect for that. The location is within walking distance of the Expo and the start and finish line. I was told it had been recently renovated and it was indeed clean, nice and comfortable with a friendly staff. Plus, the price was very reasonable. Only one thing to warn you about: there is a limited amount of parking and if you don't get there at the right time you have to pay $10 to park down the street. But its a minor inconvenience for all the other benefits.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here 4 nights while attending a conference in Long Beach - close to the convention center but 1/3 less cost than the conference rate at the big motels. I don't need a swimming pool, and I didn't need a parking space because I had my folding bicycle instead of a car! Great location with the protected bike lanes to go back and forth to the convention center. I will say that the bed was quite too soft for my taste, but I like a very very firm mattress. Staff were friendly and helpful. Thank you for a good visit.

Room Tip: There is no pool, but TripAdvisor won't let me unselect the pool rating.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!