“Rodeway Inn in Long Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Rodeway Inn in Long Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We got to our room very early after our Cruise was super happy when they had a room early for us!! Good location close to beach and small walk to other tourist locations. People were very nice and helpful. Room are small but had nice amenities. The beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed our stay at this property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Eureka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We were in Long Beach this weekend for the Formula Drift event and had enjoyed our stay at the Rodeway Inn. Our room was very clean and modern. The television to the small refrigerator and microwave all looked brand new. The beds were fantastic. The bathroom had nice amenities that I dd not expect. Overall this Inn is a very good choice to stay in.

Room Tip: Parking was limited, but they had a outside lot that charged $7 a day.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We had spent two night here recently during the Fred Hall's fishing, tackling & boat show here in Long Beach. Our room was very clean and quite. The room had a very comfortable bed ensemble, three sheets, comfortable pillows and a very good mattress. The bathroom had more amenities than many other places I had stayed before and I was surprised to see it here. Overall, the Rodeway Inn left me quite happy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Toledo, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

its a great place to stay clean comfortable, clean fireplace n great service quite n close to town for dinning n shopping plumber dave

Room Tip: up stairs king bed fire place
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My overall impression was poor. The motel was old and dated. the rooms are small, with only one nightstand. No place to put luggage. The bed was excellent. There is a fridge and microwave.I was not comfortable here. My husband felt it was fine.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

The hotel was super clean and convenient. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom amenities were top rate. The refrigerator and microwave was a nice touch and the flat panel television just added more of a good feeling for this hotel. Everything was in its place and clean as well. The person at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful, asked questions which lead to a discount. WIFI worked well, Free Breakfast was minimal but was enough to get me going. Good value. I got more than I expected.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
lawyergirl07
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed here once in 2008 and it was a mess of a motel. It felt like I was being sucked into some horrible horror movie where I was going to get slashed by some homicidal maniac.

Well, as luck would have it, I had to come to Long Beach for some business. I knew I was going to be drinking, so I looked on the Choice Hotels website, only to find the Rodeway Inn on there. At first glace, I was like Ahh Hell Nahhh. But, there were some photos that didnt look like the same place at all. The rooms were actually kinda trendy and fun looking.

Just to make sure I was looking at the right place, I called the Inn directly and asked about the rooms. The woman at the desk was very nice and said that all the rooms have been upgraded recently and that they get a lot of compliments on them. Ok, fine, I'll give it another go.

I am SO glad I did! I got into Long Beach around Noon and was able to check in early, despite the 3pm check in time stated on the website. My room was upstairs on the right side of the hotel. Opened the door and was delighted to see that the room was very modern looking, a vast change from the hard-as-a-rock bed and fitted bedspread of yesteryear. My online reservation was for a basic queen bed room, but guess what, my room had a whole other bedroom in it with a matching full size bed. Very cute. I almost wished I had a travelling buddy so that the little bedroom could get utilized.

The bathroom was nicely stocked with a little steel dish with all sorts of cool toiletries. It even had a shaving kit!

They wifi worked seamlessly and the room boasted a flat screen tv with 3 different HBO channels.

The only downside is that the hotel charges a deposit for the room, unlike most of the Choice Hotels brand Hotels. That was a little irritating. But, the deposit was refunded in about 5 days, so I cant complain.

I'll definitely revisit this hotel next time I come to Long Beach

Room Tip: Get there as close to check in as possible because the parking lot isnt big and it fills quickly
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!