“Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge

You added Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge to your Saves list
Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   80 Atlantic Avenue, 1st Street & Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #36 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

You should only stay in this hotel if you are a masochist.
The hotel is in a sketchy area, so make sure you are home before dark.
The inside of the hotel is dark and dingy and looks and feels like a prison. The rooms have the same feel and are poorly maintained.
The staff is extremely rude. Once I asked if I could have a little extra time for check-out. The guy was rude about it and told me no. I then went the next day to see if anything had changed, and the guy (a different rude person) told me that he knew that I was trying to get early checkout from the previous front desk guy, and that he also wasn't going to accommodate me.
He was acting as if he caught me trying to trick him or something. No apologies, nothing, just rudeness and the feeling like I'm bothering them and trying to pull one over on them.
One suggestion would be, if you have a cruddy hotel like this one, the least you could do is make the experience more tolerable by having front desk staff that has some idea of customer service and politeness...

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
travelodgelongbeach, Webmaster at Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We use all comments to help us improve. I’m very sorry that you did not like the quality of the facilities or our staff. We take pride in this hotel and our staff, and we sincerely apologize if you found anything about our accommodations less than ideal. Hundreds of guests are satisfied each month, but we understand if you were not. I hope you find a sensible alternative the next time you’re in town.

Chino, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went to the hotel for a race. No one knew what was going on. All of the people were new. Got to the room with peeling wallpaper and mold. Found out there was no tv service called the desk twice and finally got someone. No help said it was the cable company. Came backdrop the race and was chased out of the room by the maid even though I paid for a late checkout. Maid got the desk to call and chase us out. Forgot something in the room and tried to call and see if it was found. It took four calls just to get someone to answer and of course he was new and didn't know anything. It was the worse night I ever spent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments and for staying with us at the Long Beach Travelodge. As the manager, I’m in charge of the property and any outstanding issues are my responsibility. I’m sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations. Many other race participants were satisfied that day, but I again apologize that we could not satisfy you.

Canyon Country, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Besides the customer service at the front desk was great, I paid 102.31 for 1 night assuming that at that price were decent not even close the days inn was 89.11 and was the best stay I had. Now with this room I purchased I came in the portion off the wall had rust or mold, um the seats were dirty as heck only room, the only room they had left was smoking, the doors was dirty, there were black ink on the walls, the tub was terrible there was rust around it, the sink was stopped up and the tub as well. I was scared to sleep in the bed. Smh the days inn I will go back next time.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your comments. Although it has been a long time since you left these comments, I wanted to respond. We have made many changes and improvements at this hotel, and you’ll find a much better experience if you visit us again. I’m very sorry, however, that you didn’t benefit from these improvements at the time of your stay. We’re getting better every day, and we welcome you again anytime.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stay here 4 days waiting for ship. Parking good. No laundry other than send out. Had to tell staff everyday that we wee staying 4 days even after that they locked us out 3 times . Key card needed update. Carpet so dirty that turns bottom off your feet black. Stayed in better places in Bombay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. Although you left these comments several months ago, I wanted to let you know that we have made many changes and improvements to this property, and we would welcome you again anytime. We get better every day, and I sincerely apologize that you stayed with us at a time when we weren’t at our best.

Mountain View, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had to find a place at the last minute, so we didn't have enough time to do in depth research on hotels within the LBC area.

If you're looking for one of those places where you're only need a room for sleeping, then this hotel may be acceptable. This property caters for couples or young families who will most likely spend most of the day out exploring and seeing the local sights. The room we stayed in was dim, with dark carpet and less-than-modern furnishings. Don't expect anything fancy inside your room; we had a microwave and fridge, large flat-screen TV, and our bed was reasonably comfortable. Overall, the room was quite clean and housekeeping did a very good job every day. The Front Desk was helpful with anything that we required assistance with.

However, the property is close to major highways linking you to LA on one side, and a good 1 hour drive South East to San Diego on the other side. It was ideal for day trips, and we never had problems with traffic.

The area is quite safe and includes plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Other attractions include the Pike mall and also the aquarium. There's also a wide range of shopping to choose from all within a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

This place would suit the solo traveller, young families, couples, and definitely a group of friends. Not much to do at the hotel, but there's plenty of attractions in the area that will keep you entertained.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room if you're a non-smoker. Ask for a room on the second or third floors...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge? Share your experiences!