“No one is in charge” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge

Save Saved
You added Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge to your Saves list
Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   80 Atlantic Avenue, 1st Street & Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #30 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Chino, California
“No one is in charge”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went to the hotel for a race. No one knew what was going on. All of the people were new. Got to the room with peeling wallpaper and mold. Found out there was no tv service called the desk twice and finally got someone. No help said it was the cable company. Came backdrop the race and was chased out of the room by the maid even though I paid for a late checkout. Maid got the desk to call and chase us out. Forgot something in the room and tried to call and see if it was found. It took four calls just to get someone to answer and of course he was new and didn't know anything. It was the worse night I ever spent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
travelodgelongbeach, Webmaster at Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments and for staying with us at the Long Beach Travelodge. As the manager, I’m in charge of the property and any outstanding issues are my responsibility. I’m sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations. Many other race participants were satisfied that day, but I again apologize that we could not satisfy you.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Canyon Country, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Besides the customer service at the front desk was great, I paid 102.31 for 1 night assuming that at that price were decent not even close the days inn was 89.11 and was the best stay I had. Now with this room I purchased I came in the portion off the wall had rust or mold, um the seats were dirty as heck only room, the only room they had left was smoking, the doors was dirty, there were black ink on the walls, the tub was terrible there was rust around it, the sink was stopped up and the tub as well. I was scared to sleep in the bed. Smh the days inn I will go back next time.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your comments. Although it has been a long time since you left these comments, I wanted to respond. We have made many changes and improvements at this hotel, and you’ll find a much better experience if you visit us again. I’m very sorry, however, that you didn’t benefit from these improvements at the time of your stay. We’re getting better every day, and we welcome you again anytime.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stay here 4 days waiting for ship. Parking good. No laundry other than send out. Had to tell staff everyday that we wee staying 4 days even after that they locked us out 3 times . Key card needed update. Carpet so dirty that turns bottom off your feet black. Stayed in better places in Bombay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. Although you left these comments several months ago, I wanted to let you know that we have made many changes and improvements to this property, and we would welcome you again anytime. We get better every day, and I sincerely apologize that you stayed with us at a time when we weren’t at our best.

Mountain View, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had to find a place at the last minute, so we didn't have enough time to do in depth research on hotels within the LBC area.

If you're looking for one of those places where you're only need a room for sleeping, then this hotel may be acceptable. This property caters for couples or young families who will most likely spend most of the day out exploring and seeing the local sights. The room we stayed in was dim, with dark carpet and less-than-modern furnishings. Don't expect anything fancy inside your room; we had a microwave and fridge, large flat-screen TV, and our bed was reasonably comfortable. Overall, the room was quite clean and housekeeping did a very good job every day. The Front Desk was helpful with anything that we required assistance with.

However, the property is close to major highways linking you to LA on one side, and a good 1 hour drive South East to San Diego on the other side. It was ideal for day trips, and we never had problems with traffic.

The area is quite safe and includes plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Other attractions include the Pike mall and also the aquarium. There's also a wide range of shopping to choose from all within a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

This place would suit the solo traveller, young families, couples, and definitely a group of friends. Not much to do at the hotel, but there's plenty of attractions in the area that will keep you entertained.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room if you're a non-smoker. Ask for a room on the second or third floors...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Poor quality stay, stayed on 3rd fl above the office, you could hear outside chatter from the street, past 12am, hallway noise, open parking, anyone could just ride their bike thru guest parking and I saw just that, couple times, no security guard to keep an eye on guests vehicle, that didn't put me at ease. room was smelly on arrival. After AC gets going it goes away. Not a pleasant welcome, not a clean feeling welcome, though at a glance all looks fearly clean, went to Von's and got bleach wipes to disinfect counters. another annoying thing was, we pre paid thru booking.com for three days and every morning office blocked my door access card, that was unnecessary, I had to go to miniature office to get code fixed again. On a positive the wifi did work on my iPad, and there's Von's nearby, subways, Rocco's and the the village Bakery which i recommend, was really convenient.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stay at this hotel regularly for business reasons. My company does not pay for hotels and the driving distance is too great for me, so I need a low budget option. Travelodge fits the bill. It is not a full service establishment. Example, when I had some plumbing issues (Caused by me) I was handed a plunger for a "do it yourself job." Other than that the place is decent on cleanliness (I work in the medical field and am a HUGE germ-a-phobe). It's a great place to just put your head down...don't expect frills. There's also a great restaraunt next door called Galleanas (great Chicken Nachos). Luckily my job does not require me to use or need WiFi and when I did need WiFi for personal use, my laptop was broken, so I can't say what their WiFi is like.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to get the best rate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge? Share your experiences!