“Traveling with kids” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn of Long Beach

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Long Beach
The Inn of Long Beach
You added The Inn of Long Beach to your Saves list
185 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, CA 90802   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Long Beach B&B and Inns
“Traveling with kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2005

We were there for two days last week; for the price and location, it was a good choice. Upon arrival, the front desk staff was courteous, we got a room with double beds, it had the basic amenities you would expect from a budget hotel. Kids loved the balcony overlooking the pool, which was great, it had inflatables they had fun with. The continental breakfast was simple coffee, juice and muffins, so, could be improved. The maid did an excellent job cleaning our room. Next time we visit on a budget, we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2005

The Inn of Long Beach is an OK Inn. Much like previous writers I won't disagree. An aging property which shows its age. However, for a good central LA location,-to sread out from, decent rates, nice outdoor pool, clean room it will do fine. When we were there it was doing good business and nearly full. What I found to be really nice was the neighborhood just a short 2 block walk I found a really nice internet cafe (1 of many to choose from) art galleries, clubs etcc.. an area full of 'new' life and on the rebound. In Long Beach one can find brand new hotels with all the ammenities. But if you want to stay out late in LA or Long Beach and just find a good place to sleep Inn of Long Beach is OK. But if you are looking for a new, modern hotel with all the extras look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2005
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2004

The rooms are cheap, basic, but clean. The "enhanced" continental breakfast, however, is a total joke. It consisted of a tub of corn flakes, juice, some cheap and tasteless Danish, and a jug of milk sitting in a bucket of ice. Maybe they consider it "enhanced" because they try to keep the milk cold?

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2004

Staying at this motel was the worst guest experience that I have ever had. The management had the date of my arrival wrong. When I tried to straighten the mistake out , the manager yelled at me and hung up the phone on me. When I later told him that I wanted to check out because of the way he had treated me and because my allergies were acting up due to the mold in the room, he again yelled and screamed at me and pointed his finger in my face. I have never been treated so badly in my life. The motel is not dirty, just very musty and has some mold and mildew in the bathroom. If you expect just a little bit of customer service and to be treated with decency, do NOT stay at this place. I felt very uncomfortable and unsafe as a woman staying there.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2003

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Inn of Long Beach on 3 occasions. My 4th occasion coming up. I find it clean, convenient and the staff are very accomodating. For the low price, I do not expect the Taj Mahal. They even serve a complementary breakfast. i.e. Cereal, Juice, Danish Pastery and Coffee. Golly, what more could one ask for?
It has always been clean and even has a little refrigerator that comes in handy while there. The Von Grocery Store across the street is most handy to pick up some refreshments and another plus, it is walking distance to Downtown and the Convention Center. I find this Inn, my secluded gettaway when I am in the area.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2003

Rude and inhospitable management just doesn't get it... The general manager doesn't seem to realize he is in the HOSPITALITY business!
There are plenty of other places in the immediate area that have more to offer.

mpls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2003

This hotel was NOT clean... the restrooms had mildew & mold, tub and floor also needed alot of attention. Owner of this small establishment was not pleasant to deal with... do NOT recommend this hotel.

Been to The Inn of Long Beach? Share your experiences!