“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Washington
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a night to attend a wedding. I found the staff to be very helpful. I had booked my room a week after the group rate for the wedding expired. However, upon arrival I informed the person checking me in of the situation and she gave me the group rate. She also allowed me to check in nearly 4 ½ hours early. I was very happy with the accommodations staff made for me.

As for the hotel, it’s quite nice. It is located on the water and a little alone. A bridge is adjacent to the hotel, which you can walk across to get to numerous restaurants and a busier area. Our queen room was very nice, modern, and spacious with a good view. The hotel offers a free buffet style breakfast, which is pretty good.

The only downfall of the hotel that I found was that you have to pay $10 a day for parking. $10 a day isn’t bad, but I wish you didn’t have to pay anything to park.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Long Beach.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Page, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

As a disabled person I was treated unfairly by the General Manager. After spending over $600 dollars, She would not let me get help from her staff. And of course hid in her office and would not tell me why. I only needed some minor help. With Cancer and only able to walk with a shuffle I needed some one to help me.
I liked the room and most of the housekeeping staff but the General Manager needs to be educated about the Americans with Disabilities Act.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

I found few items missing from the kitchen when i checked in, and the closet handle in one of the bedrooms was missing too. I informed the front desk 3 times, and after a stay that lasted more than a week, the closet was not fixed with a new handle.
The noise of the passing by trucks to the near by port was annoying too.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

We stayed at the Residence Inn this month and we were disappointed we only had the one night stay here as were made to feel so comfortable.
The hotel facilities are modern and tasteful and enjoy a good view of the harbour. There is a City bus that comes along every 15 minutes so location (other side of the bridge to the city) is not a problem. In fact it is a better area to stay.

The thing that sets the Marriott apart from other choices is the personal service. A hotel is a hotel but what made it such a pleasurable experience for us was the front of hotel staff and, in particular, Eric. Greeted us very warmly and went out of his way to ensure that we had an uninterrupted extended stay for the next morning. Thank you.

Full facilities if you are inclined to cook or prepare a meal but go by Eric's recommendations and get a meal delivered.

A great hotel (and service) in a beautiful area.

Dave

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

staff and hotel are excellent.. i'm sorry i could only stay for one night.
the building is immaculate, the grounds are small but used efficiently. the only thing that could have made my stay better would be if they had a bar. but many great restaurants and bars if you take a short cab ride (or drive) to rainbow road or whatever it's called (i know it's definitely not called that).
if you have a room on a high floor facing the water you can see the queen mary, and the morning before we left to get on our ship, we took a nice walk along the water to the QM and the cruise terminal.
location can't be beat if you're going on a cruise or coming back from one.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
modesto, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

The first thought that came to mind when we entered our room was "how cute." Everything went well from the moment we checked in. The staff was nice and helpful. Our room was super clean, well decorated, and we had a nice view. We were given coupons for free appetizers at Gladstones and suggestions for other food places to check out. The breakfast was well-stocked and good. The only thing that was tough was actually getting there and back. It could be a little confusing with the way the roads are designed but this was minor. I highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Long Beach.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

My family and I stayed here during Spring Break. We found the hotel to be clean and very suitable for families with young kids. The hotel was very nice and located at a great location. We found the location to be extremely convenient for the things we wanted to do. It was far enough from LA, yet close enough to make Disneyland a short drive. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and willing to help us out with questions we had. The hotel offered a buffet breakfast everyone morning and even had a manager’s reception the nights were there. The rooms were nice and the bed was very comfortable. We would definitely stay here in the future. The only drawback was having to pay for parking each night, which was about $10. Otherwise a great hotel for families to stay at!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach Downtown? Share your experiences!