“Nice Hotel in Prime Area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
new jersey
“Nice Hotel in Prime Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here in June. Perfect location to walk to the Convention Center, Wharf and nearby restaurants. Hotel is clean. Nice workout room and pool. Starbucks and hotel restaurant available on site. Staff are all nice and accommodating.
Only issue was daily housekeeping was done late in day. If you are out all day and arrive back by four or five, don't expect to walk into a clean room. However, housekeeping will be knocking at your door early on the morning of your departure!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Ventura, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We cashed in 25,000 Marriott points in order to do an overnight to Long Beach with our kids and chose the Renaissance Long Beach since it was so close to the aquarium.

Big mistake. According to the hotel they were extremely busy that weekend, and boy, did that every show. We had requested early check-in, but they were unable to accommodate the request. No big deal, that didn't bother me so much. What bothered me was the following:

1: We had to leave our bags with the bell hop since we had given our car to the valet. No big deal until we attempted to get the bags back once we were able to check in. It took forever. Not sure where the bell hop had disappeared to, but it most certainly was not at his post where he belonged. My husband and another guest waited about 20 minutes for a bell hop to finally show up.

2: Pool towels? Pool towels? Ummmm...hello...pool towels? Yeah, forget about it. We called twice to have them restock the completely empty pool towel shelves. Never happened. We finally recycled some used towels left around the pool. Gee thanks. Just the kind of experience I wanted when I decided to use reward points. Gross.

This hotel was very underwhelming, and quite frankly the best part was the car valet who brought us our car upon our departure. He was friendly, and helpful. Otherwise this hotel was a total waste. Unfriendly, unorganized, and simply not prepared to be a busy hotel in the midst of downtown Long Beach.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Diana H, Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay. We are disappointed by the experience we created and disheartened that we impacted your stay. We do take this feedback seriously and have taken steps to prevent this from recurring. Our sincerest apologies my not ensuring your family had a great stay and thank you for sharing your comments so we can improve.
Regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I went to this hotel for a business trip for a very large aerospace company that has a lot of business in the Long Beach area and was given a room with two double beds. Really, I can't even remember the last time I slept in a double bed. I them asked for something larger since I am 6'2" and they gave me a King Bed. This is great but they didn't tell me it was next to the service elevator that every time it went by it sounded like a plane was flying over. I called the front desk to complain that I could not sleep and all they could do is put me back in a room with two doubles.

No we're sorry, or anything.

Will not be coming back here again and probably will not venture into the Marriott world again either.

On the positive it is a great location.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We appreciate your feedback and take these comments seriously, so that we can take steps to correct areas where we have fallen short and prevent this experience from recurring. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not being able to correct this during your stay. We do hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to restore your faith in our hotel and Marriott. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I recently tagged along with my friend for the Agenda trade show in Long Beach. It was my first time staying at the Renaissance Hotel, but my friend had stayed there several times before. The hotel was wonderful. Very friendly staff in every department, but I'd like to single out one group for this review. The valet and bellmen staff here are outstanding. From the time we first drove up, until the time we left, they were perfectly attentive and friendly. They recognized us every time we'd enter or exit the hotel and greet us by name. If we needed our car, they knew which car was ours from memory. When we had questions or needed help they knew the answer off the top of their head. All of this happening while they seemed to be extremely busy. A truly fantastic experience. Kudos Renaissance Long Beach!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Santa Clarita
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed again and loved it again. The view we had was to die for. Each year we try different restaurants on Pine St. they have expensive and economy restaurants, in walking distance. I'm 65 in average shape and we walked everywhere, to the shops on the harbor and with energy left to walk around town. The hotel is also close to the Convention Center, Sports center and more. If you want to go into downtown LA one day, the Tram and Buses are right there. Next year I will bring my computer they have free access near the lobby with plenty of nice chairs and tables. Every one was full of smiles and the staff was great too.

Check out how I have ratted other hotels in other places and you will see I am not just blowing smoke at you. I hope you have a good a time as we did!

Vallejo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is my first time with the Renaissance hotel and I really didn't know what to expect. I had call earlier in the day to try and check in early so that we didn't have to drive around all afternoon with all the luggage in the car. We arrive at the hotel just after 12pm and when I gave my name to the front desk, the clerk said that my room was ready and that they gave me a room just newly renovated and with a bay view on the 7th floor. Wow, it turned out that Natalie, the person I spoke with arrange everything. She must've read my mind. I wanted a room with a view and I got it without asking. Over all the staff I came in contact with was very helpful. There was a Starbucks in the hotel lobby. The room is very clean and housekeeping kept us well supplied. Although there was a lot of conventioneer it didn't feel crowded.

Room Tip: Any room facing the bay from 7 to 12 floors up. Great view!