“Clean, elegant, centrally located.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
New York City, New York
“Clean, elegant, centrally located.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

You will love the Renaissance Hotel, located in downtown Long Beach. Besides having an outdoor pool on the 3rd floor, it has probably the nicest workout room I've seen in a hotel. Staff is accomodating, rooms are comfortable and quiet, and we had a magnificent view of Long Beach Harbor, with the Queen Mary! What a sight! Right next to wonderful restaurants, this place is worth it!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of Long Beach Harbor, and the Queen Mary!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Bloomington, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business. I felt VERY comfortable with the environment and cleanliness of the hotel. They have good tech support for any WiFi issues you may encounter (the WiFi was good/consistent/fast, but in the end it ended up being a problem w/ my laptop). In any case, I liked the size and lay out of the room. I was thoroughly impressed by the interior design and amenities in the hotel. They have a nice gym, a beautiful lounge area and restaraunt/bar options. I had appetizers and drinks at their bar, "Sip" and was very impressed. The only issue I had was that the meat they served was not as well done as I like, however I am not like most people who are okay with rare or medium rare meat...I like things well done. The lines at the Starbucks are long in the morning, but the breakfast is Fantastic and the servers provide good service. My primary pet pieve w/ this hotel is that EVERY service has an accompanying fee, e.g. the WiFi (VERY overpriced). I enjoyed the WiFi only b/c my company paid for it. In addition, the internet lounge charges an UNGODLY amount to use the desktop computers and it really made my blood boil. The parking is overpriced...don't get me wrong the parking prices match those of the hotels in the area, but I still think it's an obscene amount to pay to park your vehicle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

As I checked out and again had three employees greeting me and asking about my stay, I simply had to acknowledge them and tell them how wonderful the staff had been. Every person was friendly, warm, engaging and attentive. I thought their service was in the top 5 of all hotels we have visited, and that is clearly a long list.

As for the hotel, it was clean and location within a five minute walk to the Pier, shopping all around, and the aquarium. When I asked my breakfast server about discounts at the aquarium, he took it upon himself to find a book that gave us a coupon for saving. Really? That's above and beyond.

The rooms were super clean, and the bathrooms showed no wear. We had connecting rooms and everyone slept well. The gym is large, by hotel standards, and the equipment was excellent, although they are lacking machines, especially for leg work. Plenty of water, towels and fruit.

Food was generally good over the weekend, and we utilized the outside area of Sips to dine and drink in the great weather.

Not going to complain about parking and internet fees; it's just the way it is sometimes.

Overall a great experience and would recommend highly for convention center attendees, or anyone else visiting Long Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nusrat M, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you very much for staying at my hotel and I am grateful for your kind comments. I will pass on your feedback to our team.
Looking forward to see you back at the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel.

Best regards.
Hattiesburg,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. Things went well, rooms were nice, but there were a couple of service hiccups. One included the fact that our conference guaranteed us free Internet during our stay. At checkout, the front desk staff acted as if they knew nothing about it and conveniently couldn't get in touch with Management to verify this. Just the day before another front desk staff told me that she had to look it up but saw that indeed we were supposed to get Internet free. She stated it wouldn't be a problem at checkout, but it was! To booth, upon my departure at 5:30am in the morning - the young man at the front desk took so long to check me out that my shuttle left me! . Thank goodness I was able to get a friend to drive me to airport in town to catch my flight. And - shame on SuperShuttle who saw me in lobby waiting to be checked out but left anyway! Sheesh!

• Stayed March 2013
Nusrat M, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the feedback about your recent stay at my hotel. I sincerely apologize for the service hiccups you experienced related to internet charges and slow check out. I possible can you contact me directly so I can seek more details and resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
Mason, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel has everything you need for a buisness trip to Long Beach. It is real close to convention center, restaurants, and everything else Long Beach has to offer. I would have to say, the best customer service I have experienced at any hotel for sometime. Great work out facility too!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nusrat M, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments about my hotel. I look forward to your return.

Sincerely
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My room was quiet and boringly nice, with a comfortable bed and a stunning harbor view. The downtown location was quite central. That said, I will not return. On the Saturday night I stayed here, it seemed this hotel does not cater to quiet business travelers, but rather to the limo-riding, (literally) puking teenyboppers who arrived just ahead of me. The lobby was blasting dance music; I have a high tolerance for loud music, but this was truly head-splitting. Then I was told that the lobby/disco was the only place I could use the Internet without paying a $12.95 "telecom surcharge." (Why not charge me extra for using the shower too?) When the dance music ended and they switched to jazz in the lobby, it was just as loud. At once point I went to ask the sole desk clerk a question. I was the only one in line, but had to wait five minutes as he stood around socializing with a young attractive woman. Adding the $18 for self-parking, plus taxes, my $149 room cost me more than $200. Bottom line: Good sleep, but I felt unwelcome and a bit ripped off.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the feedback related to your recent experience at my hotel. I apologize for the noisey lobby area during one of the music featuring evenings. During the year on few selected weekends we do feature DJ in our SIP lounge which is adjacent to the lobby. Recently it was done dure Long Beach Grand Prix weekend.
Once again my sincerest apologies, if possible please call me directly at the hotel so I can discuss this issue in detail with you.

KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance for a conference at the end of April 2013. The location was wonderful, with a bus stop (free) right outside which went to different locations in the area. The convention center was right across the street. The staff was friendly and receptive to questions. The room was spacious and clean. The "refrigerator" in the room turned out to only be a cooler, and didn't work to chill items, which was inconvenient. There is also a strange smell (not a BAD smell, just odd, in the elevator area in the lobby. It was overpowering at times.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nusrat M, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you very much for staying at my hotel during your recent visit to Long Beach. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and the hotel location.

I look forward to your return to Renaissance Long Beach Hotel.

best regards.

Been to Renaissance Long Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!