“Great location, Okay Service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Hattiesburg,
“Great location, Okay Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. Things went well, rooms were nice, but there were a couple of service hiccups. One included the fact that our conference guaranteed us free Internet during our stay. At checkout, the front desk staff acted as if they knew nothing about it and conveniently couldn't get in touch with Management to verify this. Just the day before another front desk staff told me that she had to look it up but saw that indeed we were supposed to get Internet free. She stated it wouldn't be a problem at checkout, but it was! To booth, upon my departure at 5:30am in the morning - the young man at the front desk took so long to check me out that my shuttle left me! . Thank goodness I was able to get a friend to drive me to airport in town to catch my flight. And - shame on SuperShuttle who saw me in lobby waiting to be checked out but left anyway! Sheesh!

• Stayed March 2013
Nusrat M, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the feedback about your recent stay at my hotel. I sincerely apologize for the service hiccups you experienced related to internet charges and slow check out. I possible can you contact me directly so I can seek more details and resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Mason, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel has everything you need for a buisness trip to Long Beach. It is real close to convention center, restaurants, and everything else Long Beach has to offer. I would have to say, the best customer service I have experienced at any hotel for sometime. Great work out facility too!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nusrat M, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments about my hotel. I look forward to your return.

Sincerely
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My room was quiet and boringly nice, with a comfortable bed and a stunning harbor view. The downtown location was quite central. That said, I will not return. On the Saturday night I stayed here, it seemed this hotel does not cater to quiet business travelers, but rather to the limo-riding, (literally) puking teenyboppers who arrived just ahead of me. The lobby was blasting dance music; I have a high tolerance for loud music, but this was truly head-splitting. Then I was told that the lobby/disco was the only place I could use the Internet without paying a $12.95 "telecom surcharge." (Why not charge me extra for using the shower too?) When the dance music ended and they switched to jazz in the lobby, it was just as loud. At once point I went to ask the sole desk clerk a question. I was the only one in line, but had to wait five minutes as he stood around socializing with a young attractive woman. Adding the $18 for self-parking, plus taxes, my $149 room cost me more than $200. Bottom line: Good sleep, but I felt unwelcome and a bit ripped off.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the feedback related to your recent experience at my hotel. I apologize for the noisey lobby area during one of the music featuring evenings. During the year on few selected weekends we do feature DJ in our SIP lounge which is adjacent to the lobby. Recently it was done dure Long Beach Grand Prix weekend.
Once again my sincerest apologies, if possible please call me directly at the hotel so I can discuss this issue in detail with you.

KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance for a conference at the end of April 2013. The location was wonderful, with a bus stop (free) right outside which went to different locations in the area. The convention center was right across the street. The staff was friendly and receptive to questions. The room was spacious and clean. The "refrigerator" in the room turned out to only be a cooler, and didn't work to chill items, which was inconvenient. There is also a strange smell (not a BAD smell, just odd, in the elevator area in the lobby. It was overpowering at times.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nusrat M, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you very much for staying at my hotel during your recent visit to Long Beach. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and the hotel location.

I look forward to your return to Renaissance Long Beach Hotel.

best regards.
Little Rock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Spent four nights at the Renaissance Long Beach and it had many positives. First of all, the staff is fantastic. The front desk staff, concierge, bellman, and housekeeping went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. The location to the convention center can't be beat. There is a free transit stop right outside the front door. A Starbucks is attached to the hotel. There are many restaurant options in the area. The lobby and bar area had a fun vibe. The rooms had some negatives. They are showing wear in the carpet, bathrooms, and furnishings. The electrical outlets in the desk area are inconvenient and the room lacked proper lighting. The mini refrigerator was missing. On the positive, the beds and pillows were comfortable. Loved the Aveda bath products and great water pressure. The hotel was quiet at night and there wasn't a lot of street noise. Would stay at this loction again if I was attending a conference at the convention center.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for selecting my hotel during your recent visit to Long Beach. I am grateful for your kind comments about our staff and the location, based on your comments I will recognize front desk, housekeeping and concierge staff.

I look forward to your return to Renaissance Long Beach Hotel.

Best regards.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here in April for a wedding at the Maya Hotel which is next door...100yrd away. Very typical of the hotel 'apartment' style. One bedroom with a sitting room.. very spacious..comfortable bed..King size..two flat screens..good bathroom. Around 180 a night. It's very very close to the Queen Mary and a short drive to downtown Long Beach and the Aquarium. Not too far from Disneyland either. Breakfast is a buffet, all you can eat. Waffle machine, cereals fresh fruit salad, pastries, toast,bagels, scrambled, sausage etc etc etc. Excellent for families. Would not call it romantic by any means but its clean, comfortable, spacious and friendly. Front check in was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I, plus our children, their spouses and four grandchildren stayed at this hotel before a cruise during Easter Week. The hotel staff were all very friendly, allowed an early checkin and gave excellent suggestions regarding last minute shopping and restaurants. The rooms were clean, comfortable,and spacious enough. Since we were there only 1 night, lack of free wifi didn't bother any of us. The location was perfect, with many restaurants within 2 blocks. Several of the group enjoyed the brew pub right across the street, and a shopping area was easily reached on foot . There was a nice lobby bar , good for an afternoon wine but even better for BLoody Mary's at noon ! I would recommend the Renaissance to anyone and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nusrat M, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you very much for selecting my hotel for your pre-cruise stay in Long Beach. Hope you enjoyed the cruise. I look forward to your return to Long Beach.

Once again thank you.

Been to Renaissance Long Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!