“Good stay, Good locatuon” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 58 hotels in Long Beach
New York City, New York
“Good stay, Good locatuon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel, march 9th, 2013. I picked the hotel because its not too far from LAX and the LA shopping, etc (20 min). I wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle of traffic and I also wanted to be in a quiet area. The hotel is in a good area; plenty of restaurants nearby, beach, etc.

the hotel has a nice pool area and outside patio area. The rooms were pretty decent and clean. I tend to be picky when it comes to hotels but overall the rooms were pretty good. I had a deluxe room with a patio that faced the harbor.

Food was very good! Orders room service; had the grilled tilapia with vegetables and omg was it good! Buffett was pretty pricey for morning breakfast but if you don't feel like searching for a breakfast spot then I'd say eat there-pretty good. Overall I would definetly recommend the hotel to others and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Nusrat M, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
First and foremost thank you very much for selecting my hotel to stay while visiting LA and Long Beach area. I truly appreciate your review comments about the hotel. Looking forward to your next return to Renaissance Long Beach.

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I spent 5 nights here for a destination wedding.
On the first morning we were awakened at 9am by work crews pounding on something!!
My husband forced me to call the desk and they apologized had them stop for an hour... THEN the staff had us order whatever we wanted for room service! It was nice perk that we were not expecting. Food was awesome too! Fresh fresh food!

I was the wedding coordinator so I had lots of boxes and sashes and glitter! The staff helped me out every day getting everything to the wedding site. They were extremely helpful.

I will say there is a distinct foul smell in the lobby hallway to the elevators. Smells a bit like a sewer. Room was nice and spacious... Kinda older but it was okay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for selecting my hotel for your event. I do apologize for noise you experience during early morning hours. Also, I appreciate your kind comments about the food experience in your room.
I look forward to your return back to Renaissance Long Beach Hotel.
Tempe, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I spent five nights here as an attendee of TED2013, so I expected service to be above and beyond. Therefore, I was surprised that no one was outside to greet my taxi or take my luggage. Check in was good; didn't have to wait long. I didn't hear the directions to the elevators so I wandered around for ten minutes trying to find them. Not off to a good start.

But housekeeping changed all that. I drink a lot of coffee in the morning, especially since I don't sleep well while traveling. So I was thrilled when the housekeeping lady offered me two extra coffee packets and a cup full of those small creamers. It really made a difference my first morning. Then...it happened again. Every night when I would come in exhausted, I would see those extra packets and a cup full of creamers. For all five nights. The staff actually remembered my request and stocked me up with extra caffeine. Special thanks to Carmen and Ina C for the extra TLC. You made a difference!!

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Renaissance Long Beach while at flight training at the Long Beach Airport. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and helpful. The Starbucks in the Lobby is also a plus. The staff was very accommodating in giving me a Harbor View room and the room decor included a nice flat screen TV. The room was quiet and the bed very comfortable.
The hotel is within walking distance to several good nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: Harbor view is great!
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel one night over a three-day weekend. The location is excellent for Long Beach. There were a plethora of good restaurants within walking distance and several attractions nearby. The aquarium is a few blocks away, so is The Pike, the whale watching boats, harbor excursions, and a wharf full of eateries and shops. There is also an outdoor mall (City Place) just a few blocks away with a Nordstrom Rack. Mass-transit is easily accessible: the Metro station is just a block away and has the blue line which runs all the way to downtown LA. There is also a bus stop across the street for "The Passport" which is a free bus that takes you to several tourist attractions including the aquarium (if you don't want to walk), the Queen Mary, and the cruiseship terminal if you are taking a cruise. I wouldn't think twice about staying here for its convenience. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. The concierge lounge was typically good. The room furnishings were a little dated (the carpet a little worn and the bathroom a little '90s) but the sheets and blankets were clean and fresh and the flat screen TV and mattresses were good. The price was fair for the area. There are probably some corporate discounts available as I saw some flight attendants there from the Long Beach airport. I would definitely keep this hotel on the shortlist if you're planning a trip to Long Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up that faces the harbor so you can see the Queen Mary all lit up at night.
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel is within walking distance to many places you'd like to see/do in Long Beach. The room I stayed was comfortable, and quiet ---or, perhaps, I lucked out with quiet neighbors around me. That being said, there was no noise from the corridors either. Ordered room service, and got delicious food quickly; ate at the hotel restaurant at another time, decent food. Pine Street and the area offer many restaurants as well as coffee shops. This can easily be an "Excellent" grade, see other ratings.

Room Tip: There is some noise coming from the outside -rear of the building. Possibly it is louder on the lowe...
Union, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here for a niht while travelling on uiness in Long each. the hotel itself is beautiful, clean and in a great location. The rooms are modern, spacious, very clean and comfortale. The bed was heavenlym and the bathroom was sheer luxury. The hotel is located within walking distance of dozens of restaurants- everything from Argentinian food to Sushi. There is also a marina within waling distance.

The hotel staff was gracious and extremely helpful. Easy check-in and check out processes as well as a little convenience shop for any necessary essentials- overall a great stay.

Room Tip: Leave your car parked in the hotel garage and walk to the restaurants since there is little street p...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for selecting my hotel for your recent business trip to Long Beach. I am very appreciative for your kind comments about the hotel.
I look forward to your return to Renaissance Long Beach Hotel during your next business or leisure trip to Long Beach.

Best regards.

Been to Renaissance Long Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!