“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Seattle, Washington
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Being a ship/cruise lover and having toured the QM previously, I had a good feeling I was going to enjoy my first overnight stay. I'm happy to report I most certainly DID.

I had a Deluxe Stateroom on B deck, choosing to forgo a harbor view considering I was set to arrive after 11pm and depart at 11am the next day. I found the room to be larger than I expected, with a very comfortable bed. I had no issues with the stateroom, bathroom, water pressure, hot water etc. All were in fine working order.

I did not partake in any of the food/beverage options onboard, however the Observation Bar is beautiful and surely will be on my list for next time.

All staff members I encountered were friendly.

What I enjoyed the most was strolling around the exterior and interiors of the ship tirelessly, both at night and during the day. To me, it was magical. I couldn't help but feel transported back in time, wondering who walked these same hallways, stayed in my stateroom, played deck games next to the iconic funnels way back when, etc etc. My camera got a lot of use.

To summarize, I really think this is a must-do, even if it is for just one night. To be a part of something so grand then, and still so grand now, is something I won't soon forget. I have no qualms in recommending the QM to anyone!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (895)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
plantation
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife thought it would be neat to stay on this ship/hotel.Me too! I am a history buff so I fiqured it would be cool.
upon entering the hotel the reception desk was excellent, the decor was neat art deco style, when we got to our room we had a suite on M deck, the room was ok but stains on the carpet and overall apperance is not what I expected for the price we paid.
At night the walls where so thin you could hear everyone walking by the room as well as the cabin next door just in general conversation.
the food on board was ok nothing to really note, the service was the same. expensive

I would recommend this place as a stop to take the tour of the ship, not to stay on for any length of time.

I will not be returning. I sugest the hilton near the port or elsewhere dont waste your money like I did.

Room Tip: Dont Go... but if you do get a room on the right side of the ship overlooking the water .
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Spent an extended weekend stay aboard the Queen Mary to attend a wedding and all of the pre and post events associated with it. Had a great room - large enough to become the Groomsmen's changing room. Wonderful restful sleep in comfortable beds and bedding. Tasty food and fun shopping - loved the shops! Shopkeepers were friendly and helpful and the merchandise was just what I expected on a cruiseship -especially the antique-styled jewelry and clothing reflecting the ship's and the superb history books. Front desk was particularly helpful regarding a forgotten toothbrush. Did not go to Dark Harbor due to the wedding events but it looked great and we are considering going next year, but we will be back for Chill in a few months for sure!

Room Tip: Family Suite was great for a teenager/parents stay. Large room with privacy for everyone.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
QM1934, Guest Relations Manager at The Queen Mary, responded to this review, yesterday
AuntoftheGroom -

Thank you so much for the feedback and congratulations to your nephew and his wonderful bride. We do host hundreds of weddings each and every year and have literally married thousands of people. There is a reason we are known as the ship of romance!

Glad you enjoyed your stay and bummed you missed Dark Harbor. The event runs until Nov. 2 - if you want to make the trek up sometime soon...if not - we will see you at CHILL.

Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I had a wonderful stay aboard the Queen Mary over the weekend. We had fun on the ship and during Dark Harbor!

We booked a package that gave us a hotel room and tickets for Dark Harbor along with front of the line passes. The hotel staff is fantastic. Everyone was very helpful and nice. The room was clean and comfortable but is clearly not made for tall people! The A/C is weak too but with the portal open it wasn’t hot.

We had cocktails in the Observation Bar. They pour the drinks well and had a fantastic staff.

We had a late lunch (sandwiches & clam chowder) and breakfast (banana pancakes) at the Promenade Café overlooking the ocean. The food was good but not spectacular. Again great staff.

Dark Harbor was awesome. It’s not as big as Knott’s or Universal but the haunted mazes in the ship made it so much more creepy and you don’t feel like you spend your whole night waiting in line. They had food, drinks, shows and a ride too.

Overall we had a fantastic time.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
becca38170 -

Thanks for the feedback and glad you had such a wonderful visit to the World Famous Queen Mary and our annual fright fest - Dark Harbor! We are the only So Cal haunt that is actually haunted!

We cannot wait to scare the ship out of you again soon!
Jenks, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

First off, this has to be on your bucket list to stay at one time. It will blow you away. The queen Mary is so cool words cannot describe. The rooms are very spacious and they have Hampton quality beds if not better +++. Just wish I had more time to do a tour. The only thing that I didn't like was the "resort" fee. Yes they will tell you about it at check in, and have a sign saying so and what it entails. But and this is a big but. They never mention the resort fee as being a daily fee, which is absurd with the daily parking fee. Nice one time experience for sure. But all the fees w no free breakfast even? Just a heads up.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Stewarts3125 -

Thanks for the feedback...if we got a nickle for every time someone mentioned visiting the Queen Mary was on their bucket list - well we would have to charge a facilities fee! :)

That said - the facilities fee is keeping our ship alive. The facilities fee of $14.95/night entitles guests to:

• Audio tour of the ship
• Children’s scavenger hunt
• WIFI
• Access to the fitness center
• 50% off of select guided tours and attraction tickets
• A portion of the facilities fee will be used for the restoration and preservation of the Queen Mary.

That last bullet is the most important. Log on to our website to see the many projects we are working on currently to keep this ship, well in ship shape.

We hope to host you again soon!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Intriguing stay for the historical aspects. Those that enjoy historical sites and the nostalgic feel of times long ago will love the opportunity to step aboard the Queen Mary for a walk along halls steeped in tradition and history. Those expecting rooms of a bygone era (I.e. not today's spaciousness and glitz), and those of a size expected within a ships hull - predominately smaller and less ornate, will enjoy the uniqueness of tilted exterior walls, handrails along all the halls and stairwells and the general nautical feel....especially the original porthole windows! It's about the experience, and the staff is very courteous and friendly. Not somewhere I'd stay for a weeks vacation, but thoroughly intriguing for a couple nights.

Room Tip: There's really not a direct comparison to typical hotel rooms in my opinion as this is about the...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
QM1934, Guest Relations Manager at The Queen Mary, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Brian B -

Thanks for the feedback! That is our No. 1 goal here - to transport our guests back in time aboard the legendary Queen Mary.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I had our wedding reception and honeymoon at the Queen Mary.It was handled beautifully and we had a really goos experience at the hotel. Exactly what we wanted! This was in 2010- but I remember it with fondness.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Maren H -

The Queen Mary. Making happy memories since 1934.

-QM Management

Been to The Queen Mary? Share your experiences!