“Very disappointed. Hilton dishhonors” 1 of 5 stars

Book Now and Save 20%
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed. Hilton dishhonors”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I have stayed at many Hilton hotels, so many that I'm a Hilton Hhonors Gold member, but after a long drive across LA, I have been really let down by Hilton at Long Beach. The worst Hilton experience I have ever had.

Firstly, the accommodation we booked for our vacation can't be fulfilled. Secondly they won't recognise the fact that I'm a Hilton Hhonors Gold member.
What sort of way is this to treat regular customers?

Unfortunately for us we have booked in for 4 nights. Hilton are putting a poor end to our family vacation.
If it wasn't pre-paid I would be leaving the hotel.

I have upcoming trips at some good Hilton hotels, but after this experience, I shall be making use of my IHG membership instead.

• Stayed August 2014
Greg K, General Manager at Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
I am very disappointed to know that you did not have a good experience with our hotel on your recent visit.

I would be very interested to hear more of your specific experience, if you would be so kind as to contact me.

From your description, it seems as though you might not have booked through Hilton and possibly used a third-party travel agency, perhaps? This would be the only reason that HHonors benefits and points would not have been recognized, as these are not qualifying stays.

I would very much like to know your specifics so that we may help rectify a situation, if there was an error.

Thank you for submitting your review and I hope to be able to speak with your directly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had a room that was near an elevator but was still nice and quiet. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. The view that I had was great. This hotel is within walking distance to a lot of nice restaurants and about 15 minutes to the shore area. It is a fairly typical Hilton property and hard to go wrong with this.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Wow! Sounds like you enjoyed not only our hotel, but our fun City of Long Beach! Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us!

We are starting an incredible transformation/renovation in 2015 and I am quite sure you will be very pleased upon your next trip to the area.

Thank you again for your review!
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Staff was very accomodating with an early check-in (10am) and then switching us to a room on a higher floor that had windows that opened. Luggage was moved while we went to business conference. Breakfast buffet was good and service great but a bit pricey ($19 per person). Found a lovely $4.99 breakfast on the walk to the Convention Center at Mosher's Gourmet, 300 W. Ocean Blvd.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! It is always a pleasurable experience for us to know that our guests had a very pleasant experience.

We appreciate that you shared your experience and hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Long Beach!

Safe travels!
Sebastopol, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Handy location, easy to find, very nice staff. I have stayed here 2-3 times since it's close to my work, and handy to downtown restaurants, the beach, and shops. While you are in town, don't miss George's the Greeks!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We really appreciate your feedback and very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!

As for Georges Greek Café? One of my personal favorites and the family truly care about their customers and their food.

Open Sesame, The Federal Bar and Nick's on 2nd are also favorites of mine. Please try them on your next trip.

Thanks for taking your time to share your experience!
Katy, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I went on a business trip, and was very impressed with this hotel. I was very satifisfied with the cleaniness, the courtesy of the staff. I was very impressed with the breakfast! It was very organized, clean and excellent. The staff at the breakfast bar was very nice! Thank you for staffing excellent employees!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for such a complimentary review of our hotel and our F&B team! We appreciate all the times that people take to acknowledge our great team here. I am obviously a bit partial, but I know that our hotel's most important difference really is the team here. They are priceless!

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again very soon!
Salt Lake City, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

The lobby of this hotel looks great. The bed was fine and the floor I stayed on was quiet. Some of the finer points were lacking. It seems the room had not had some basic maintenance. There was no continental breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. We are excited to begin our $11 mil renovation here soon, as I know that there are parts of the guest experience that are less than a "total wow" for some travelers.

I am very excited to share that you will be most pleased with the incredible transformation of this great hotel and look forward to earning great reviews and scores from our guests!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon and earning the highest scores!
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Beautiful hotel! Great location and service! Friendly staff! Hotel is within walking distance for several shops and restaurants and free shuttle dropped me off at the Queen Mary for a late evening tour. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I can't wait to get back there again. Long Beach is a beautiful city!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Not only do we appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel, but thank you for giving Long Beach a great "shout out!" This truly is a surprising City for those who have never found our wonderful City on the Sea. There is a plethora of wonderful activities, attractions and a never-ending list of events.

We appreciate your very complimentary review and do hope to see you with us again very soon!

Been to Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!