“Very good experience” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Florida
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I know everyone is open to share their opinions on this site for their particular hotel stays, but I'm not sure what people's expectations are. I typically am very critical of the hotel I stay at and rate them fairly based on my observations and experience...but this hotel met my expectation.

The bar and bartender was excellent and fair prices. I did not eat at this hotel as there are many places within walking distance that rate well and with variety. The room was clean, spacious, and modern. Everything was in working order and did not look abused.

I did not use the fitness center nor the pool; therefore could not comment on it. The lobby is spacious, well lit and yes, a little dated....but was clean.

The front desk needs some hospitality training or need to find another job. Please smile, be pleasant, be sincere please. I found the folks at the front desk very dry and rate mid to low on professionalism. I was taken care of just because I was a customer but didn't feel welcome as a Hilton customer.

In summary, I would come back with no hesitation. Front desk folks need the feedback and hopefully will be more pleasant in the near future. Great location, good value, nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Greg K, General Manager at Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Your comments are very much appreciated and also taken to heart. I apologize that you had less than a great experience with our front desk team. I can assure you that your review has been shared so that we can continually keep them focused and motivated with each guest.

I value your comments, both complimentary and constructive, so that we continually improve our product and service to our guests, like you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Santa Cruz, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Great family/business friendly Hotel close to downtown, harbor and restaurants. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean with very dramatic city and harbor views with balcony and out door furniture. We look forward to our return stay at the downtown Long Beach Hilton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Your comments are very much appreciated and I am happy to know that you had a very nice experience with us!

We do appreciate the time and care it takes to go online to write a review and assure you that all feedback is shared with our team...the good and the not-so-good. That's how we "sharpen the saw."

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have stayed at Long Beach Hilton in the past, LOVED IT, and so glad we where able to stay here this year! They are Helpful, Clean, Fast and so Kind. We have a great experience and hope to stay next year!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Your review is very complimentary and we are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to share your experience. We learn from every review and continually try to improve every part of a guest's experience with our hotel.

We are very excited to let you know that we will completely renovate and transform our hotel in early 2015. The interior design is absolutely stunning and we hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us for your next visit to Long Beach!

Thank you very much for your review!
Fort McMurray, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We booked this the same day as everything else was booked. Our last stay at a hilton we weren't too happy but thought we would give it another try. As usual we had to pay for parking and for wifi. We got sick of paying for wifi especially when we have a hhonors card. I have stayed at many other places where wifi is complimentary. I didn't have my honours card and wanted to get my points so they looked it up but couldn't find it. I do have one and they would not try to find it so now i have to try and call to get my points put on my account. Very frustrating. The elevator would never work properly. It was always giving us a hard time. The location was close to the warf where we did a whale tour. It was not a location that i would expect to find a hilton. We checked in and wanted to walk around to find a place for dinner, i was expecting a better neighbourhood. There were very sketchy people just outside the door all the way down the street. Not ideal for walking. We will not be going back to this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you’ll give us another opportunity to serve you and make it right.
Ann Arbor, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Pretty outdated rooms, not enough staff at the check-in and check-out, old windows that do not keep the street noise out of the room. Overall not too pleasant of a stay. Price is not overly high for the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We do apologize that your experience was less than you expected. While no excuse, I did want you to know that we have a complete renovation of all guest rooms, restaurants, meeting rooms and lobby planned for early 2015.

So, I hope we have the opportunity to redeem ourselves with your next visit to the area.
We appreciate your review and feedback very much.

Knoxville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was by far the worst hotel that I have stayed in in the last 5 years. We checked in the first room and the air conditioner did not cool the room, the hallway was cooler than the room. We called and said the room was hot, they sent up their repairman and he did nothing but turn the thermostat down, which changed nothing, but we tried to see if it helped and spent the first night, hot all night. Next day they sent another maintenance person up, he fiddled with the unit, told us he disconnected the heat and turned the cold water valve open more, but it was still not cooling the room. The front desk, after I went down again, and complained it still was hot, moved us to another room. The air conditioner worked, but the sink both water handles were loose, and the pop up drain would not stay up, and water would not drain out of the sink. So, another call to maintenance, they did fix this. Also in this room, the toilet would sometimes take 2-3 times to flush correctly. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place to stay. I have stayed in a lot of hotels, and all were way better than this hotel.

Room Tip: I do not think there is a good room in this hotel, I was traveling with a group and many had similar...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Greg K, Manager at Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
We do have a full renovation of the hotel planned for early 2015 to address many of these systemic issues. However, our team could have been more proactive, if we had other rooms available, so I apologize that this was not offered to you.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hilton time and again is earning my business over Marriott my second favorite hotel chain...complimentary internet is a must. Please do not nicke and dime me after I pay a good amount for a stay. Like some other chains do...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your great review! I am happy to hear that you continue to choose Hilton (but I am a bit partial myself!).

Your comments on WiFi are heard loud and clear. The pace of change in device technology has surpassed systems installed as recently as 18 months ago. Today's traveler has an average of 3 devices per room and hotels are continually adding bandwidth to try and keep up. In a building such as ours with over 1 mil sq. ft., this has been an infrastructural challenge when compared to the traditionally smaller footprint of select-service brand hotels.

However, we are working hard to keep the upgrades coming to provide for the changing needs for speed and bandwidth. We need to get you to Gold and Diamond level, if you are not already, so that we can offer this to you as part of your HHonors benefits.

I would love to meet you in person, should you visit our hotel in the future. We appreciate all your feedback as we continually try to improve our product and service to our guests.

Been to Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!