“Hotel lovely but area so so” 4 of 5 stars

Book Now and Save 20%
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Hotel lovely but area so so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I did an overnight from a Sunday to Monday and check-in was a breeze. Because there was a room available, the kind desk clerk allowed me to check-in early which was quite nice. My room was on floor seven, facing the pool and was very clean, modern, and comfortable.

What I liked as an extra security features was that guests had to use their room cards to access the elevator though sometimes there were glitches. I bought the internet for my laptop and it was quite reliable and fast.

The only reservation I have is the area. It isn't dangerous but just on a Sunday, there was nothing close by. A fifteen minute walk could take one to the downtown and after exploring it that day I was looking forward to having a coffee to bring back to my room. Nothing in the area was open and I was surprised to find that this hotel did not have a coffee shop/kiosk in the hotel! There was a gift shop but the lady there told me that my only access to coffee would be to go into the hotel restaurant; was not going to do that for a coffee. I ended up using the complimentary package provided in my room and got my caffeine fill that way though it was not the best tasting.

On check-out the agent noticed that I was charged for the internet twice. As I only have the laptop and no other device he quickly removed that second charge and we had a great conversation regarding my home city. He is going to visit this summer so I was giving him some insider information. Everyone that I met who worked at this hotel was very friendly and perhaps during the weekdays there are more food/coffee options.

Room Tip: Facing the pool was nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Prince Rupert, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hotel staff offered remarkable service, especially Victor and Miguel; however, the HVAC system in the room emitted offensive odours and the closet smelled like smoked meat. In addition, I had to let the water in the shower run for several minutes before it reached an suitable temperature.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here for a local wedding. The guests were supposed to be in a block. When we called to make the reservation 2 months before the wedding, we were told that the block was full and that we would have to pay the regular rate. My wife persisted and they gave us the block discounted rate. This is a great hotel. It is in an excellent location, near the Queen Mary, Aquarium, and local beach. We received complimentary internet, although I think most guests have to pay a daily fee. Parking is $9 per day, self-park. There is a nice bar with a large sitting area that stays open late. If we return to Long Beach for a trip, we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
LBHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay. We strive to ensure each guest has a wonderful time especially on such a special occasion of a wedding. Thank you again for stayind with us and your kind words. The staff and I are grateful and hope to see you again in the future.
Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I read a lot of reviews and I have to say this hotel is one of the better hotels I've stayed at. The staff was friendly and accommodating.
I have read from other reviews
that the rooms have a slightly musty smell. I'm not sure if I would describe it as Musty but maybe not ventilated properly. that could Just be because the windows Do not open To which I completely understand due to liability. great price, service, and cleanliness makes this a winning deal.

• Stayed February 2014
LBHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for truly kind and insightful comments about your recent stay. We all strive to ensure we meet our guest's expectations. I am delighted that was the case for you. We hope your travels will bring you back to our doorstep soon. Thank you again.
Pittsburg, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My partner and I spent weekend here to see the Queen Mary. The hotel was walking distance to the tourist area by the bay, convention center and restaurants. The room was very comfortable and clean. We will stay there again next time we go to Long Beach.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to spend your weekend with us. We are truly happy it was all you expected. We will be here waiting for your return trip. Thank you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I didn't spend me much in the hotel during my stay but overall hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful every time I needed assistance. The hotel isn't in the most ideal location but everything is reachable within a 10-15 minute walk and hotel does offer a shuttle. I would stay here again on future visits to Long Beach.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. We value our guest's feedback. Especially when we have met their expecations. We hope to see you again in the future.
Nelson, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Nice hotel with clean modern rooms and great customer service.
They have a shuttle and were very accommodating to drive us anywhere within a three mile radius during our stay. It's about a 10 minute walk to Pine street or the Pike from the hotel.

Stayed February 2014
LBHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guests and we are delighted you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your next visit and hope you stay with again.

Been to Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!