“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Yorba Linda, California
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here for the 2014 LA Travel & Adventure Show. I am a HH Gold member and we were treated very well. We had a nice room with a western view of the LA Harbor and the beautiful California Sunset. This is one of two Hilton properties that we like to stay at.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
LBHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
An excellent stay is just what our entire staff strives for each and every one of our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience and that we met your expectations. We hope to see you next year or even before then!

601 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Laughlin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel itself was beautiful, but for the price of the rooms (on the executive floor) we were expecting a much nicer room with up to date furniture and amenities. Maybe even a larger room. The beds we softy and comfy, the towels were soft, housekeeping was good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit. I apologize we did not provide the stay you were expecting. While I am pleased you recieved satisfactory service from the Housekeeping staff and the Hotel was to your liking, the value paid is just as important as the service that you recieve. I hope you will give us the opputunity to return to our Hotel and ensure you have the complete stay you deserve.
Lancaster, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

although the hotel is a little older it was very clean and comfortable. our room was very nice and clean and the hotel staff were excellent! it is in a great location where we were able to walk to and from the terrace theater. we will stay here again next time we are in long beach.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so happy you had an enjoyable weekend getaway. We will eagerly awaiting your return to Long Beach and hope you will stay with us again.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The suites are a must! I stayed there for two nights and loved the white fluffy down comforter. Nice, cozy and suite to catch up on sleep from your travel. My suite was very clean. Room service was very quick to serve and happy! I will return....

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
The best words we could hear: " I will return". The entire staff thank you for those three little words. It proves we did what we strive to do: ensure a pleasant stay and that you would want to come back. We will be here ready and waiting. Thank you again.
Buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stay at this hotel for the same weekend every year, to attend a charity event held at the hotel. I have no pictures as the room was the same as my previous review from 2012. I am reviewing again as I have a couple things to add from thet review. I had no problems with check in, or the staff, or my room, the room was fine, the staff are all friendly, and it remains a nice hotel. I had trouble initially getting a room here as it kept saying "no check ins on that date" but I eventually was able to get a room for my dates (I had booked and cancelled a nearby more expensive hotel, so I am glad I could get into here which is my first choice for convenience!). I not only got a room, but the rate dropped twice before my stay, so I was able to re-book, twice, got the AAA rate, and ended up saving a lot of money on my stay! So if you choose this hotel, please keep checking the rates, as it will likely go down. It did for me last year too!

I did eat in the hotel restaurant once this trip, for the first time. I had dinner, and the restaurant wasn't crowded at all, and the service was good. It was expensive though, $14 for a pizza (but it was really good), and a Coke was $4! (they don't list the drink prices on the menu). There is some other restaurants nearby, right next to the hotel is Jersey Mike's subs, and the World Trade Cafe. You need to check the hours though, as they are limited as they cater to the office workers. The World Trade Cafe, for example, is closed completely on the weekends. It is about a 10-15 minute walk down to the pier, where there's a lot of restaurants, the aquarium, The Pike, Shoreline Village, and the whale watching boat tours.

I did have two complaints about my stay. The hotel has a free shuttle service that will take you around town (NOT to or from the airport, though). They don't mention the shuttle to you, in 3 years staying here, I've never had it mentioned to me. I only found out about it through other reviews on here. I took it the one day to go to and from the pier, I had them drop off and pick me up at the aquarium. The drop off was fine, and he gave me a card with the number to call for pick up, and he said you may have to wait if the shuttle is on a run taking airline crew members who stay at the hotel to the airport, OK, I understand that. I called for a pick up about 6 hours later, and first it took me 2 calls to even have someone answer. The girl finally did, and she said it would be about 20 minutes (no reason given, the hotel is a 5 minute ride away) and she took my number and said she would call when he was on his way. I gave her my number, and after a half hour of no shuttle, I called back and she said she tried to call me and there was no answer. This is a LIE, as I had my phone in my hand the whole time, and it never rang! She said the shuttle would be there soon as he was 5-10 minutes away. He finally came, but it just seemed like me even calling for a pick up was an inconvenience to them. I could have walked back quicker, and I almost did. I didn't because I was alone and it was getting dark out. I didn't appreciate how they kept me waiting for over a half hour out in the cold though, and then lied about calling me.

My other complaint was on the morning I was leaving, I went to the gift shop at 8:30 AM as I needed to get something before I left. Me, and two other people all walked up to the gift shop, and the door was closed, with a clock sign up stating when they would return. You could clearly see the cashier at the register through the window! She lost three possible sales, because she was "closed" when you could clearly see that she was in there!

Also, there is no free wifi in the rooms, but there is down in the lobby, so I always went down there and used it. They also moved the business center down to the lobby since my last stay, and that too is free. I don't like paying for wifi, especially when it's expensive like it is here. It should be free, since it's such a standard amenity now!

Overall though, I would return again for the yearly event, as it is a nice hotel, and it's convenient for the event, and I can usually get a good rate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We value your yearly visit and we are grateful for your continued patronage. While overall it reads as it was an enjoyable stay, just as you would expect year after year, you did experience some unusual lapses that are not consistent with the standard of service we strive to offer. Thank you for bringing them to my attention. We cannot improve if we do not know where we are lacking. We hope your next visit, next year, you will have the stay, from beginning to end just as you would expect.
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I went to the convention center for one night to participate in a trade show. I checked in this hotel late and checked out early but slept well. Everything was in order, I was quickly checked in by a friendly front desk person, my car was taken care of and I was offered help with my luggage. The next morning I was directed how to get to the convention center and the hotels location made it an easy trip. Painless.

Redmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Excellent except for a cold pool, and uninformed, unfriendly front desk person, at check-in. Rude clerk, who did not know what "amenities" were, told me there was no gym, no gift shop, which was not true, did not want to speak to me, was surly. The rest of the staff was wonderful, very polite and friendly. That young clerk should get the boot.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!