“Exceeded every expectation” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, CA
“Exceeded every expectation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I contracted the Long Beach Hilton for a group on July 4th 2013 the night prior to my wedding, which was held on a cruise ship in Long Beach. We booked ~20 rooms.

The property is well kept & the staff very friendly. Upon arrival, we did have to wait for a bellman but it was a busy/sold out day so that was understandable. I had booked 2 of the 20 rooms for my family. When we checked in around noon, both rooms were ready & my fiance & I had been upgraded to a wonderful suite with a large patio. My brother was also upgraded to a large balcony which was a nice surprise for his teen daughters who could lay out in the sun.

The rooms were spotless with plenty of space for all of our wedding gear & attire. We enjoyed time at the pool that afternoon to meet & greet with family & friends as they traveled in. In the evening we were able to host many of our friends on our balcony to enjoy views of several fireworks shows all over long beach. The views were amazing!

The following morning the hotel shuttle made several trips to ensure all of our guests arrived at the port on time.

The only minor inconvenience was the elevators. One of them was being worked on when we arrived, which is fine - but the maint. guy did not turn off the elevator, so every time the call button was pushed only the one he was working on would open. We had to just get lucky & wait for another elevator to arrive at that floor in order to board. I've never seen the maint. guy decide not to turn off the call ability when working on one car.

I can not recomend this hotel enough for groups! Friendly staff, proximity to the port, cleanliness and just an overall relaxed feeling.

Many thanks to the Hilton Long Beach staff!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

596 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had a family reunion at the Long Beach Hilton, and although the staff was pleasant, I had a less than pleasant stay. My room window faced a wall, so it was dark. I could have asked for a different room, so I will place that blame on myself. My girlfriend went to take a bath, and the water came up brown, of which we alerted the staff, but never knew what the cause was. I would advise anyone before booking to ask what are all the hidden fees are such as self parking, tourism assessment, occupancy tax, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Lamont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great place to stay everyone was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The check in was great. We arrive early without notice taking a chance at our room not bing ready and they were great about it checked us right in. The only compaint is that they don't offer free wifi in your room but it's free in the lobby. Will come back.

Northridge, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I expected my room to be clean when I arrived. second, I didn't think it was great customer service for the front desk to tell me that they would be delivering keys for another room and then not show up for 20 min. and then I had to walk to the front desk to pick up the key that wasn't delivered.

Broken Arrow, OK, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel itself is fine. Good service, clean, etc. What left a bad taste was: 1. Charges for wireless internet access, 2. Extremely expensive breakfast buffet ($20 each plus tip!), 3. Paying-customer Self Parking filled up completely, while blocked-off Valet section had a hundred empty spots.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Whittier, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Although our stay was quick, my wife and I found it strange that the hotel bar did not open until 4 pm. The in room dining experience was good and the service was fast, but forgot to put feta cheese on the feta cheese/strawberry salad and had to bring that separately.

El Cajon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very much enjoyed service staff at hotel. Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Very comfortable room and convenient to our Cruise Ship. Food quality was very good and everything worked. Thank You Hilton Staff!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!