Have stayed here 10-12 nights per year since, and including, opening night in 1982, I think. Hotel is in overall great shape considering the age. Front desk staff have always been a challenge at this location, and this is still true. Nothing major, assigned wrong bed type, remedied with a call to management, but lied to by front desk. The hostess of the Regency Club in the evenings is a major highlight, and while all of the "old" valet and bell staff have now retired, the new generation is excellent. No room service from 11AM to 5PM is tragic for a convention attendee wanting an hour escape, but at least these days there are many eateries nearby.
Overall a good choice, especially for an event at the convention center next door.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Long Beach Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Long Beach Hotel Long Beach
- Hyatt Long Beach
- Long Beach Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel with water views from rooms. Walking distance to 100 shops and restaurants, Aquarium of the Pacific. Centrally located for easy travel to Southern California attractions (Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Venere, Amex, Olotels, Agoda, getaroom.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency Long Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.