“Busy Noisy location” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“Busy Noisy location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We only stayed one night so it wasn't too bad but the location is noisy. Rooms are clean but old and average. Bed was comfortable. The pool is small and the gym only has a few treadmills. The hotel is round and there may be a less noisy side so ask for that if you are going to stay here.

• Stayed September 2012
EillenLabrador, Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate your taking the time to let us know about the positive and negative experience during your stay. I was delighted to read your review and your excellent rating on our hotel cleanliness. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Yeovil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

After a 11+ hour flight from the UK I did not want to drive very far towards San Diego our first stop on a 3 week trip, so we decided to stay at the HI Long Beach Airport. A work colleague who used to work in CA told me that it would be easy to find as it was right next to I-405, in fact so close you drive down the off ramp and turn right into the hotels car park. Tiffany on the front desk was very efficient and in no time we were in our room, I forgot to mention the hotel main building is round, with lifts in a centre core, so all the rooms are a segment shape, a first for me I must admit. My only bad observation is that the public areas and the rooms could do with a coat of paint, the decor is looking old fashioned and drab, it needs to be brightened up with some light coloured paint and furnishings. However it was a good nights stay and served the purpose, we will certainly stay here again in the future when we arrive at LAX. After the long flight and being fed all the way across we did not use the restaurant, however I did fancy a cold beer, so a tip for like minded travellers is that backing onto the hotel car park is a Chevron fuel station which has a small shop attached as most do these days, inside it carries a good selection of beers in coolers, even Newcastle Brown for those with a taste for it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main tower rather than the conventional block to the side
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. We gladly noted that the services and facilities of our hotel corresponded to your expectations and that you have spent an enjoyable stay with us especially the service provided by our staff and their friendliness. I will personally pass your kind and encouraging comments to Tiffany and our entire team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights, the stay was ok-good.The rooms are overall clean and cozy even though some of the wallpaper is coming apart and therefore needs to be replaced. Bathroom is very small kind feel crammed in. However I LOVED the restaurant/bar view on the top floor, breakfast was overall good, dinner was ok, however pricey. This is what REALLY bothered me; there's a $75 per night security deposit and if its in the same condition like it was when you got there you will get $75 security deposit back within 3-5 days; i have stayed at MANY Holiday Inns and Crowne Plazas since I travel alot and there was NEVER a security deposit and I find that ridiculous.
The air conditioning is not as great as other Holiday Inn's I have stayed at.
It took me a while to figure out how to turn on the shower, very annoying.
The front desk staff, restaurant staff was attentive, professional and friendly.
I requested for someone to bring up toothpaste/toothbrush and they came to the room within less than 2 minutes, very quick service, which is a plus.
Very comfortable beds. I don't know if I will come back due to the ridiculous security deposit and I prefer Orange County than LA County anyways.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear nini0,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I was delighted to read your review and your excellent rating on Sleep Quality and Service. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
Colton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Having been to this facility, number of times, the hotel staff have always greeted me with the most positive attitude. All of the times coming the experience has been unforgetable. Thanks to the guest services Britany for being very knowledgeable for the town of Long Beach of places to go. Keep up the good work Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: pool area was under construction but the noise level was very moderate. Thanks again.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
EillenLabrador, Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We gladly noted that the services and facilities of our hotel corresponded to your expectations and that you have spent an enjoyable stay with us especially the service provided by our staff and their friendliness.. I will personally pass your kind and encouraging comments to Brittany and our entire team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I frequently visit this hotel for work and have had many great experience there. But like anything else when you stay somewhere over and over you are bound to eventually have a problem. Well, after 12 years of staying there I finally encountered mine. However, with a simple and quick phone call to the front desk Brenda and Sebastian were able to care of the problem in an instance. Just wanna say thanks for taking care of me and I plan on coming back many more times. Sincerely "The Railroader"

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review and for being a loyal guest of the Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel. It is always motivating to hear that our guests appreciate the friendliness and helpfulness and that they also acknowledge the continuous efforts of our team especially. I will personally pass your kind words to Brenda and Sebastian. We pride ourselves on our professionalism in the business of making our guest comfortable and greatly appreciate your taking time to let us know how we can improve.

Ogden, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here after a cruise our flight left the following morning needed somewhere decent priced and comfortable to stay.. Just an average hotel, the room was very basic no fridge tight fit in the bathroom. Not close to anything really but the airport, worked for our one night stay we didnt need anything special. I'm not too picky but wouldnt stay in a dive, would recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport. I appreciate your taking the time to let us know about the positive and negative experience during your stay. We pride ourselves on our professionalism in the business of making our guest comfortable and greatly appreciate your taking time to let us know how we can improve. We at the Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport not only strive to meet but to exceed your expectations. We are dedicated in creating a memorable and enjoyable experience to our guests.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

First time staying here and I was very pleased. Easy location to find, fantastic service and a very nice room. I will definitely come back. Relaxing view in the morning for breakfast. I really appreciate how they take care of their Priority Club Rewards Members.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review. We gladly noted that the services and facilities of our hotel corresponded to your expectations and that you have spent an enjoyable stay with us. I will personally pass your motivating comments to our entire staff. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Robert Smit

Been to Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!