“Fantastic value with Great Service and Clean Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #23 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic value with Great Service and Clean Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

First time staying here and I was very pleased. Easy location to find, fantastic service and a very nice room. I will definitely come back. Relaxing view in the morning for breakfast. I really appreciate how they take care of their Priority Club Rewards Members.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
EillenLabrador, Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We gladly noted that the services and facilities of our hotel corresponded to your expectations and that you have spent an enjoyable stay with us. I will personally pass your motivating comments to our entire staff. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Robert Smit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I frequent this hotel for business trips and to meet friends in the lounge at the top of the hotel for drinks. I haven't visited in a short while, until I decided to visit some friends in Long Beach and spend the night. The hotel has really improved. Better landscape and outside lighting. I feel safe walking to my car at night. Staff I have met have always been very friendly and quick to respond to any need. Bartenders are great and the Restaurant staff do a great job. Many of these employees have worked at the hotel for years. New TV's in the bar look great and they expanded the appetizer and drink menus. I like that they always remember me! I travel a lot and this is my home away from home. Excellent WiFi at this hotel which is a major plus when I stop by with clients.

It is an older hotel, but well maintained and clean. Great location. Housekeepers are very friendly. I really enjoy their beds in their executive rooms. This hotel is a real gem! Kudos to management and staff for continued improvements! You guys are the best!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
EillenLabrador, Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport and especially the service provided by our staff and their friendliness. We would like to thank you for your encouraging and kind comments, which we will pass on to our entire team. We strive to exceed our guests expectations every day and continue to upgrade our hotel.

Our hotel has the fastest WiFi of any hotel in Long Beach. Also, we are planning additional guestroom, public area and restaurant renovation of our hotel for the beginning of 2013.

Again, thank you for your kind review. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.

Gold River, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our family booked the hotel to stay overnight before our Carnival Cruise Trip. We parked our vehicle in the hotel parking lot and left all 5 big luggage bags in the trunk (Acura MDX). We went out for dinner and when we got back, the rear wind shield was broken, all our luggage was gone including our camera. We talked to the manager and found out that all security cameras were working but the camera monitored our lot. The parking lot was small. Of course we were not allowed to view the video. Also, there were two security officers walking around but claimed that they didn't see any thing. We got the police report but it didn't help.
Did it screw up our trip? Absolutely!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
EillenLabrador, Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport. I appreciate your taking the time to let us know about the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. We have submitted a police report regarding your incident and we hope for a positive outcome. On behalf of the management and team members of the Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies. We pride ourselves on our professionalism in the business of making our guest comfortable and greatly appreciate your taking time to let us know how we can improve.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I needed a room for my mom last minute close to me without paying an arm and a leg and this was the place fit the criteria. The hotel is about 1.5 miles away from the airport and in the middle of a desolate area (eventually driving further south gets you to PCH to the beaches and touristy stuff). The hotel is right smack off the 405 freeway--but I think most folks know hotels near an airport usually means close to busy areas.
The room she stayed in was recently remodeled. The bathroom was tiny--seriously if you faced the toilet with your back to the door it'd be touching it. The wallpaper and bedding also fairly new and well cared for. I stayed one night with my mom and boy was the air conditioning system noisy! However choosing between a humid, stuffy room or a noisy cool room I'd go for the latter. Entrance to the hotel is very nice--a bit tiny for what I'd expect to the size of the place but its not like I am impacted by this.
There is no free breakfast--you have to pay $15 for a breakfast buffet...if you go across the street there's a Spires open 24 hours and a steak joint inside the hotel.
Overall if you're in need of a place near the Long Beach airport (Long beach is a very big city and to me its not in the ghettos but its no picturesque view either). I think its great for a business traveler or folks who are looking for a place near Seal Beach or Long Beach and willing to drive a few miles to their destination.

Room Tip: Request a remodeled room (not sure if all are remodeled) facing away from the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed our location and newly renovated room. We apologize that you find our AC unit to be noisy. Our maintenance staff will check it in a timely manner. Our goal is to satisfy every guest.We pride ourselves on our professionalism in the business of making our guest comfortable and greatly appreciate your taking time to let us know how we can improve.

(562) 498-5404
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here for my sister in laws wedding along with lots of other family and friends. The staff seemed rather put out and annoyed the entire time we were there (3 nights). The room we were assigned was on the 12th floor which was fine, but it was rather run down and had no fridge, which was clearly stated as an amenity on their website. I have 3 kids so we travel with snacks and like to keep things in the room for them. Also there was no ice machine on our floor, so every time we wanted to fill up the tiny excuse for an ice bucket, we had to go down one floor to fill it up. The sink area was so tiny that by the time we got all of our clothes hung up on the rack, you could barely get to the sink. Also there was an iron, but no ironing board in the room (luckily we had an adjoining room with family members and there was one in there).

The kids did enjoy the pool area, and the fact that we could see airplanes taking off and landing from our balcony. We had the air conditioner running full blast at night to drown out the noise of the freeway and the airport and that seemed to work okay.

Bottom line - I would not recommend this hotel unless you are getting it for dirt cheap!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your open and honest feedback about your experience at our hotel. I'm very concerned with the comments you made and I would welcome the opportunity to address your comments personally with you over the phone. Please feel free to call me at your earliest convenience. Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us and we hope to rectify the situation as soon as possible.

(562) 498-5404
Payson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Everything was Excellent! The Restaurant, the view etc....

Room Tip: Plenty of nice diners, for breakfast, and much cheaper
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport. We would like to thank you for your kind comments. We hope that we will be able to welcome you again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed here for two nights during a cousin's wedding and was pretty much only there to sleep. Staff were exceptionally helpful in booking cabs and advising on travelling times.

Area is not great (by which I don't mean unsafe but I don't know) - surrounded by main roads and petrol stations - unless you're cabbing/driving everywhere it's probably as much a prison as a hotel. It is miles from downtown/beach area.

Breakfast was reasonable, room was bigger than expected, all staff were agreeable, and room was clean.

Room Tip: Potentially higher up - the hotel is surrounded by main roads.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport and especially the service provided by our staff and their friendliness. We would like to thank you for your encouraging and kind comments, which we will pass on to our entire team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.