“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgetown, Texas
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Current for one night pre-cruise just before Christmas. The staff was great, the room was well-decorated (loved the bathroom) and clean and the beds were very comfortable. A great place to stay at a great price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Port Deposit, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have been staying at the Current off and on over the past four years. I absolutely enjoy my stays there, Hotel Manager Wayne and the rest of teh staff do a wonderful job!!! I have already booked a stay at teh Current this month and look forward to staying there as often as possible during the remainder of 2013 and for many years ahead. The location is superb, the accomadations are always clean and cheerful and the staff are a Five Star Class Act!!! Thank you all, Rick W. Rising Sun, MD

Room Tip: I have always enjoyed the second floor rooms that overlook the golf course across teh street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Booked their luxury king suite with spa tub. The price was great. The room was amazing. It was huge and excellently decorated. We both agreed it was the nicest room either of us had ever stayed in (although we don't generally stay in luxury rooms or anything). The king bed was mega comfy and the room was nice and quite. The spa tub was really relaxing, although it took about half an hour to fill and the jets aren't placed in the best possible spots. The shower looks better than it works, but it had the built-in shower gels and stuff which was nice. They load you down with fluffy towels so there is never a need to ask for more. The breakfast is pretty awesome - cereal, orange juice, fruit, burritos, bagel sandwiches, toast, waffles, and oatmeal. Excellent stay. They also had complimentary wifi and board games to use. I would definitely come here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Correctionville, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were greeted that Saturday afternoon by a pleasant young lady at the desk and promptly checked in with clear explanations about WI-FI and the snooze and cruise procedure.She is a very professional employee. The four of us enjoyed a very quiet and peaceful evening in a nicely furnished and spacious room. We also enjoyed a very good breakfast with a well maintained selection of food, from hot sandwiches, breakfast burritos, pastry, o.j., coffeee to cold cereal, eggs etc. The dining area was nicely and neatly maintained by employee, Jason, whom also chauferred us to the dock for the Carnival Cruise. He also picked promptly us up the following week and returned us to the hotel and also invited us to have another complimentary breakfast; which we did before our long drive back to Modesto!
This was our first time to Long Beach and it left us with a very favorable impression of the city. Hotel Current is lucky to have such a considerate and polite employee as Jason is. We hope to come back and visit next winter break season and repeat our enjoyable experience! THANKS from Craig, Ginger, Brittaney, and Hubert.

Room Tip: Room 124 is great.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

First off let me tell you that making my hotel reservation was easy to do and the staff was most helpful and friendly!
When I arrived , check in was easy simple and the staff was very accomidating.
I entered my room to find that it was very inviting! Outside I thought to myself looks like a Vagabond Inn that has had a face lift and brought up to date for the new Millenium, but; once inside and did my walk through I found out that the room looked better than some of the more expensive and well known hotels that I have stayed at in the past.
The bed was a King size bed with about an 18 " thick matress that was very comfortable!
The Bathroom impressed me the most though it had a super large walkin shower with tile and a Large rain showerhead coming out of the ceiling and a shower gel and shampoo dispensor on the wall.
The only thing I could find that was a problem was that there was no microwave in the room.
I had items that were microwaveable and could not heat them.
Breakfast offered just about everything imagineable.
Overall, I was very happy and satisfied staying there and would recommend this place to anyone to stay there when in the Long Beach area!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The things I most appreciate was the service -The front desk heated up some pasta for us (after they transferred into a microwavable bowl), I got a tip on where to go for food, my board passes printed out. Very nice staff. The room was a decent size, has a small fridge (no microwave), good sheets, beds and pillows (the later important to us). No toiletries or much other than some coffee in room.
The outside is motel-ish. but all the rooms Hotel Current makes available are all updated - funky modern.
Free Internet, no cost parking, a pool (no hot tub), Lobby offers some games, some basic breakfast food. There are several places to eat in easy walking distance (selection of take out, cheaper, mid price and expensive...I was quite happy),
A big plus is that this hotel has a van that shuttles guests within a 5 mile radius which includes the LB airport (about 10 min or less away) and the beach (about 15 minutes - it's close, but one takes cute side streets)- The shuttle is a great for anyone who has some specific places they are going and worked well for a fellow traveler who went twice to Trader Joe's by van. Love check out is 12 not 11. The negative is noise - our doors seemed to have a bit of a gap (fine in terms of security with the lock), but meant one heard more noise. We heard quite a bit of noise from surrounding rooms - though I have stayed in some pricey hotels which also were not sound proof enough. The heat/AC unit is noisy. We got used to it a bit. The Hotel also takes pets! We will be back.

Room Tip: Some rooms around the pool, people with kids might think about their kids age and ask to be near/or...
Carpinteria, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We specifically requested a quiet room because we have a dog who is awakened by any noise. When we arrived at 12pm, because no "dog rooms" were yet available, we weren't given a room. When we returned after social engagements at 8pm, we must have gotten the last dog room available. It was handicap enabled, right next to the stair well and vending machines. We got hardly any sleep as our dog was constantly awaken by people going up and down the stairs and by the up stairs neighbors. And the lights from the vending machine lit up the room. The room had no sitting furniture other than an office chair on wheels. Their channel guide was inaccurate.

I wouldn't recommend this location to anyone with a pet who doesn't sleep soundly.

Room Tip: As I said, if you have a pet that is a light sleeper, make sure you REALLY get a quiet room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Current? Share your experiences!