“Revenue Enhancement by Accusation” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5325 East Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach, CA 90804   |
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Revenue Enhancement by Accusation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was appalled to discovery that a $250.00 fee was added to my stay, based upon an accusation by one of the managers that I had smoked in my room. I did NOT smoke in my room. I discussed this issue with the person in question; to no avail. I freely admit to being a smoker and that I did indeed smoke in the parking lot. I did deposit some cigarette butts in the trash can in my room, so as not to litter the parking lot and was rewarded for this, by being essentially called a liar and assessed an additional $250.00. I wouldn't recommend it, unless you're in the habit of having your integrity questioned and you have $250.00 to reward those who do so

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hotelcurrent, General Manager at Hotel Current, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
All of our guestrooms are non-smoking and we communicate this policy on all websites, through signs in each room and at check-in when you signed the no smoking policy guidelines. We do not act lightly when we investigate an infraction. There are three people called to be witnesses to a potential infraction. The housekeeer, the supervisor, and a manager. I was personally called to your room and winessed a strong odor of smoke, cigarette butts in the trash, a large amount of smoked ashes on the white sheets, and a damaged pillow from a tobacco substance. All of these pictures were shown to you.

We certainly do not engage in any illegal or unethical practices and the fee simply covers the cost to rectify infractions because of replacement, labor, and chemical treatment. There are times when an investigation indicates a "grey area" and we side on the side of caution and discount or waived this fee. However, in your case, the investigation provided too many indicators of violations and the room had to be serviced longer and with chemical treatment to remove the odor and replace the damaged pillow.

I am sorry for your frustration and ill thoughts of our hotel, but we have the right and responsibility to ensure our rooms are ready to rent for the next guest who expects a clean a refreshed room that is of non-smoking quality.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Clean rooms, free shuttle, but most of all the world friendliest staff ( thank you, Christina). Loved this hotel. Was on quick getaway from OC and found this little secret spot. Shower was amazing, big and water pressure great. Bed was super comfy. Front desk booked us a free shuttle downtown and gave us few tips on dining adventures. Will be back

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

When you book online, it shows you this beautifully remodeled room, but when you arrive, you are told that you have to pay an upgrade fee to get a remodeled room. Otherwise, the un-remodeled rooms are old and kinda seedy. That seems pretty deceptive. So make sure you read the fine print. I paid the upgrade fee and the room was really beautiful. Love the hard wood floors. Service was outstanding. Christina took the time to hand-write me a note of apology about the misleading web info, but she did not offer to waive the upgrade fee.

Room Tip: They are in the process of remodeling, but the outer appearance give away the age of the property...
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I loved this place. The renovated rooms were awesome. Stylish and pleasing with beautiful decorations and colors. Room was super clean and staff was great. I loved how they have wood floors and you don't feel grossed out by dirty old carpet. The shower head was awesome and shower head had strong pressure. Prices low too. For a 3 star hotel this was a great choice. Area is pretty good and 15-20 min from downtown Long Beach. I I was greatly pleased and strongly recommend it! Definitely coming back :)

Room Tip: Make sure to pay the extra few dollars for the renovated rooms. It is very worth it :)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Current over a weekend and loved it! The hotel is great, but the service was the tops. Christina at the front desk was a major help throughout my family's stay. She referred us to great restaurants, answered all our questions, and made sure we had a great experience in Long Beach. I highly recommend Hotel Current and its staff. Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hotelcurrent, General Manager at Hotel Current, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Alex W,

We are humbled and proud to receive such a glowing review of your expereince with the Hotel CURRENT. We are glad we could help you and your family enjoy Long Beach, while you travled together.

I am especially proud of the service Christina provided to you and will be sure to extend your comments to her. We hope you will choose Hotel CURRENT when you find yourself back in Long Beach.
Barstow, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

As a business traveler, I stay here several times a month and truly appreciate the efficient and helpful staff. They are always friendly, prompt, and offer to help in any way they can, regardless of how late I arrive. Christina on the front desk often has my keys and paperwork waiting for me when I check in---a welcome sight after a long day! The rooms are spacious, beds extremely comfortable, well maintained grounds, and the breakfast items are well laid out with many choices from waffles, breakfast sandwiches, bagels, pastries, fruit, cereal, etc. My thanks to all the hardworking staff members....they make Hotel Current a great place to stay!

Room Tip: The rooms along PCH are spacious . . . lots of room to bring a yoga mat to stretch.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hotelcurrent, General Manager at Hotel Current, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback about your experiences at Hotel CURRENT and your interaction with our staff. I especially appreciate the recognition of Chirstina at the front desk and will commend her for her service.

Your loyalty and continued business helps us to be successful! Thank you again!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Absolutely great experience. The rooms were clean and nice decor, they had shuttle service to the marathon, they provided us with breakfast bags. The cost was very affordable. The staff was all exceptional. I was beyond happy with this hotel and the marathon experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Dana Marie,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and the services of Hotel CURRENT. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We hope you will return next year for the Long Beach Marathon. We will be here and awaiting your arrival.