“Loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Glendale, California
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I loved this place. The renovated rooms were awesome. Stylish and pleasing with beautiful decorations and colors. Room was super clean and staff was great. I loved how they have wood floors and you don't feel grossed out by dirty old carpet. The shower head was awesome and shower head had strong pressure. Prices low too. For a 3 star hotel this was a great choice. Area is pretty good and 15-20 min from downtown Long Beach. I I was greatly pleased and strongly recommend it! Definitely coming back :)

Room Tip: Make sure to pay the extra few dollars for the renovated rooms. It is very worth it :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Current over a weekend and loved it! The hotel is great, but the service was the tops. Christina at the front desk was a major help throughout my family's stay. She referred us to great restaurants, answered all our questions, and made sure we had a great experience in Long Beach. I highly recommend Hotel Current and its staff. Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hotelcurrent, General Manager at Hotel Current, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Alex W,

We are humbled and proud to receive such a glowing review of your expereince with the Hotel CURRENT. We are glad we could help you and your family enjoy Long Beach, while you travled together.

I am especially proud of the service Christina provided to you and will be sure to extend your comments to her. We hope you will choose Hotel CURRENT when you find yourself back in Long Beach.
Barstow, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

As a business traveler, I stay here several times a month and truly appreciate the efficient and helpful staff. They are always friendly, prompt, and offer to help in any way they can, regardless of how late I arrive. Christina on the front desk often has my keys and paperwork waiting for me when I check in---a welcome sight after a long day! The rooms are spacious, beds extremely comfortable, well maintained grounds, and the breakfast items are well laid out with many choices from waffles, breakfast sandwiches, bagels, pastries, fruit, cereal, etc. My thanks to all the hardworking staff members....they make Hotel Current a great place to stay!

Room Tip: The rooms along PCH are spacious . . . lots of room to bring a yoga mat to stretch.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hotelcurrent, General Manager at Hotel Current, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback about your experiences at Hotel CURRENT and your interaction with our staff. I especially appreciate the recognition of Chirstina at the front desk and will commend her for her service.

Your loyalty and continued business helps us to be successful! Thank you again!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Absolutely great experience. The rooms were clean and nice decor, they had shuttle service to the marathon, they provided us with breakfast bags. The cost was very affordable. The staff was all exceptional. I was beyond happy with this hotel and the marathon experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Dana Marie,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and the services of Hotel CURRENT. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We hope you will return next year for the Long Beach Marathon. We will be here and awaiting your arrival.
ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel offers modern decor, lots of space in the room, good parking and a convenient location.The bed was very comfortable. However, the sink in the bathroom was not clean (crud around the drain), the shower did not drain at all (yuck), and the walls were so thin I heard every noise the people next to us made at 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 - AM. The breakfast was ok but not anything special.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hotelcurrent, General Manager at Hotel Current, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you have noticed the positive attributes we feature. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for concerns that arose with the plumbing, cleanliness of sink fixtures and the noise issues. Our aim is to deliver the best service to all of our guests and your experience is most untypical of our usual high standards. Please be assured that we will be looking into the issues raised in your feedback and will be carrying out any necessary actions to ensure that there are no further problems. Please accept our apologies for the unmet expectations.

Sheri Blackwood
Hotel Management
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We come to the hotel in the late afternoon and waited a long time at the desk to check in. After that they made a lot of problems because we didn't have a credit card with our name on it also condidering that we have paid in advantage. After some phone calling we get to our room that was really hot even if outside was warm. The wifi was setted for just two device per room, why???? And most of all, moving one basket we found an enormous beatle under it. Horrible!!!! When we get to the reception they just said that they will sent somebody to check the room situation and avoiding a change of room. Unbelievable!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent experience at Hotel CURRENT. I am sorry for your frustrations with check-in. We will look at ways to improve communicating our policies so that these type of situations don't repeat themselves. The most unfortunate concern was the bug found in your room and the non-responsive actions of our staff. I am looking into this matter immediately to prevent a reoccurance.

Safe travels....
Imperial Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I decided to stay at this hotel after a rude encounter with someone on the phone at the Super 8 motel, close by on the PCH. I was very happy at this hotel. The staff at the desk greeted me with a smile, and then also recommended a Cambodian restaurant for me to try. Trying out Cambodian cuisine was 1/2 the reason for my trip. The room was spacious, and very clean, the bathroom area was also quite large with a nice big walk in shower. I would have liked a bit more water pressure, no loss of stars for that. The bed was king size, soft sheets and comfortable. Very quiet here, considering it is located right on PCH. Check on Yelp, there may be a deal there.

Room Tip: I'd suggest staying on the ground floor, no elevator. the rooms poolside were not available duri...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Current? Share your experiences!