“Undesiderable guest” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Undesiderable guest”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We come to the hotel in the late afternoon and waited a long time at the desk to check in. After that they made a lot of problems because we didn't have a credit card with our name on it also condidering that we have paid in advantage. After some phone calling we get to our room that was really hot even if outside was warm. The wifi was setted for just two device per room, why???? And most of all, moving one basket we found an enormous beatle under it. Horrible!!!! When we get to the reception they just said that they will sent somebody to check the room situation and avoiding a change of room. Unbelievable!!!

• Stayed September 2012
hotelcurrent, General Manager at Hotel Current, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent experience at Hotel CURRENT. I am sorry for your frustrations with check-in. We will look at ways to improve communicating our policies so that these type of situations don't repeat themselves. The most unfortunate concern was the bug found in your room and the non-responsive actions of our staff. I am looking into this matter immediately to prevent a reoccurance.

Safe travels....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Imperial Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I decided to stay at this hotel after a rude encounter with someone on the phone at the Super 8 motel, close by on the PCH. I was very happy at this hotel. The staff at the desk greeted me with a smile, and then also recommended a Cambodian restaurant for me to try. Trying out Cambodian cuisine was 1/2 the reason for my trip. The room was spacious, and very clean, the bathroom area was also quite large with a nice big walk in shower. I would have liked a bit more water pressure, no loss of stars for that. The bed was king size, soft sheets and comfortable. Very quiet here, considering it is located right on PCH. Check on Yelp, there may be a deal there.

Room Tip: I'd suggest staying on the ground floor, no elevator. the rooms poolside were not available duri...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here for one night during our vacation and absolutely loved the room! Very clean, very modern, and very large! Parking is plentiful and the free breakfast in the morning is great! Plenty of TV channels, great air conditioning, and free WI-fi.

For such a large room, it was a shame that they chose to put double beds instead of queens, but only a small complaint. Bathroom is very large with very modern and unique features. The shower water pressure is not very good, but it is because it is a rain shower. The water was warm, but never hot.

The snooze and cruise package is very convenient, being that the hotel is 7 miles from the pier and very few hotels outside of a 3 mile radius will take you to the pier for free.

Staff was VERY friendly!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hotelcurrent, General Manager at Hotel Current, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
We are so proud and happy that your enjoyed your stay at the Hotel CURRENT. I am especially pleased about the kind comments of our staff and the services you received. I will make sure to share your review comments to the entire staff.

Thank you, and we look forward to your future visits to Long Beach CA.
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Just stayed here Sun July 22 12. Very pleasantly surprised. Room was clean. Completely updated. The lobby was very modern. Most importantly, the staff was very courteous. Went out of their way to accommodate a special need.

Only one suggestion to the hotel, the bathroom area needs hooks or somewhere to hang stuff like damp towels or swimsuits. Other than that the "rain" shower was amazing!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hotelcurrent, General Manager at Hotel Current, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for your fabulous feedback about Hotel CURRENT. It is always a pleasure to find the guest that fits perfect with the changes we made in our product.

Thank you for the suggestion on the bathroom hooks. We will add this to our future improvement plans. We look forward to your next visit!
BELLMORE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great place to stay, quiet and comfortable and not too expensive either. The staff is very friendly and they provide a shuttle around the area within a 5 mile radius. It's a little out of the way from a lot of the things that I wanted to do and that is really my only complaint.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for you valuable feedback and the time you took to let others know about your stay. You are appreciated.
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Current. This was a last minute trip and couldnt find a hotel in the vicinity where Im conducting my business. The hotel looked decent from the website and the price wasnt bad at all.
My major complaints are the pool area and the HORRIBLE service from the front desk workers.
The pool area was filthy and I didnt go in the water because of the 100s of dead bugs just floating around. Apparently no one cleans the pool nor the towels which were almost all stained or maybe just dirty.
The pool could use some supervision in addition to a good cleaning. There were tons of little kids running wild and causing chaos. After complaining to their mothers numerous times i had to just get up and go. A nice California tan is not worth the price of ruining my cell phone or ipad due to kids splashing around and diving into the pool.
After calling the front desk and speaking to a total imbecile I saw what kind of service the Current provides... horrible service. She told me they are not responsible for the amount of kids in the pool (understandable) and not responsible if my phone or ipad got ruined due to no one supervising the area (not cool IMO).
Thats very poor service to me and she should have at least apologized or offered to send someone out to control the animals.
As much as she said they will not pay for a water logged call phone, trust me they will be getting the bill if it starts acting up tonight.

Never again will I stay in this sh1thole !

• Stayed July 2012
We are sorry we did not meet your expectations when visiting Hotel CURRENT. I did want to let you know that your concerns have been heard and we have done some additional training with our staff about pool protocols.

The dates you were here did have a lot of families and we will work harder to anticipate better in the future.
Ventura, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at Hotel Current while attending a conference at CSULB and the location was perfect. Based on the reviews and advice from others on Trip Advisor, I requested one of the upgraded/renovated rooms and was so glad that I did. My room was newly renovated and was VERY comfortable and clean. Not all rooms/areas are equal in this hotel. The lobby and pool area are very nice but some parts of the hotel seem a bit run down and the concrete in the halls leading to the rooms are filthy and sticky in some areas. They really should power wash or at least rinse off the walkways. The breakfast was okay if you have kids....lots of carbs. Waffles, cerel, etc. The hotel is a very good value. For the price you get an excellent location, a comfortable room (if upgraded), and a decent breakfast. It's perfect when traveling solo for business or for a family on a budget. I wouldn't recommend to couples looking for a romantic weekend.

Room Tip: Choose a renovated room that is upstairs for less noise. There were lots of families with young chi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Current? Share your experiences!