“Quite Acceptable” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Quite Acceptable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Easy to get about Long Beach and LA since the facility is on the metro line. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Shower pressure was good. Breakfast was better than average for a self-serve continental style.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

346 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
South Pole
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

When I look at the hotel in and of itself, it was a pleasant stay. Our room was very clean, the front desk people were very polite. It was well supplied, had free wi-fi, and was fairly quiet. The lobby, although sparse and basic, was still clean and pleasant enough to walk through. The price was great, and it's location was just a few minutes away from the wonderful Long Beach Waterfront.

But more on that location... although it's only a few miles away from the tourist area, it's practically in the ghetto. You would not feel safe walking out of the hotel after dark. We saw a drug deal going out on the street corner, and all sorts of gang-related activity.

I personally would not stay here again. I was up half the night worried that someone was going to break into my car. It's not fault of the hotel, they are doing the best they can with where they are, but it just didn't feel safe to be here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I just returned from a cruise out of Long Beach. I drove to Long Beach the day before my cruise and took advantage of the package where you can spend the night, leave your car in their parking lot and take their shuttle to and from the port. The staff were all very friendly. The room was clean. It had a coffee pot and a microwave as well. (There may have also been a small refrigerator but I don't remember for sure.) I had the continental breakfast in the morning. It was the standard Best Western breakfast, and the room was clean.

Taking the shuttle to and from the port was easy. The driver dropped us right off where the buses park. The gal at the front desk of the hotel had given me their card and told me to call them when I returned, after I cleared Customs. I did that, and it took about 15 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. That was so much easier than me trying to deal with traffic getting in and out of the parking garage at the port.

I am hoping to cruise again out of Long Beach and would definitely consider staying here again.

Drawback - it doesn't seem to be in the greatest neighborhood. I didn't want to go wandering around there by myself. But there is a McDonald's kitty corner across the street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
British Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We spent one night here. Never again. Although this hotel has allegedly been refurbished, our sheets were stained and had holes in them. Hotel security was non-existent, with all exterior accesses being left open. This is not in a good area of Long Beach. We were awakened late at night by a female knocking on our room door, even though we were on the top floor. We did report this event twice, minutes after the incident and again the following morning. We did not feel safe.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Marko, Thank you for all you do. Your staff as always is top shelf. Wish we could spend more time with you guys. Are superbowl party was a hit thank's to you guys. The pool was great. We will see you again very soon.

Room Tip: Plenty of places to eat in walking distance. And the light rail is right out front and easy to get t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We just came back from our cruise out of Long Beach. Thank you very much to The Best Western of Long Beach for taking care of us. They fed us in the morning and drove us to the port and even picked us up at the port to bring us back to the hotel to get our cars. We felt like family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sunnyvale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Have you ever regretted checking into a hotel as you are checking in? Well this is that exact scenario. I came to Long Beach for a trade show with my wife and we had the misfortune of choosing this hotel. We have never been so rudely treated by so called staff in our lives!
The male that checked us in was attitude all the way.
He is obviously doing all "guests" a favor by even acknowledging their existence! We had trouble getting our key to work and first of all he told my wife that he is "trying to work"
After begrudgingly coming to our room he opened the door and inferred that we were stupid and left saying "its the same key man"
I am used to people in the customer service business taking care of the guests.this will NOT happen here!
I would rather stay up all night if this was my only option!
RUDE. RUDE. RUDE!
A perfect model of how not to run a business
There are so many other choices where you do not have to be abused by such "professionals".

• Stayed January 2013
mikesandhu, General Manager at BEST WESTERN of Long Beach, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. We do regret that your experience with us did not match the high standards of customer service that we have set and can assure you that your comments will be shared with the head of our customer care department the steps neccessarie to correct this behavior has been put into place. While it is disappointing when a guest leaves and feels that their expectations weren't met, feedback from our guests is always welcome and we appreciate you sharing your perspective. Thank you and we hope that we get another opportunity in the near future to welcome you back again to our newly remodel hotel and upgraded internet access points trhoughout the hotel.

Been to BEST WESTERN of Long Beach? Share your experiences!