“Nothing bad to say, but average only.” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #14 of 58 hotels in Long Beach
California
“Nothing bad to say, but average only.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights as my husband is working in the area. We got a pretty good rate, I guess, so chose this hotel as we did not want to stay at a higher end hotel for this trip. The rooms do need updating, I would agree with others. Pretty clean over all, but could be improved upon in my opinion. Water rings on the tables, and the vacuum missed a bit. Quick check in and check out with no problems. We did get a room facing PCH so the road noise bothered me but hubby is a sounder sleeper, so no problem for him. Could hear neighbors a bit & the people above us made a lot of noise on our ceiling. Would we stay again, I am not sure, would probably look around some more. No complaints overall. Breakfast included, buffet was good. The lunch I had only so so. The wait staff was always there checking if refills were needed, good service.

Room Tip: If noise a problem a room not facing PCH would be best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Orovada, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We booked this hotel when we booked our flight to Long Beach. The price was right, and it was right on the PCH, with easy accessibility to everywhere in Long Beach. The room was clean and spacious and had a refrigerator and a balcony with a chair. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with shampoo and plenty of towels, daily. Breakfast buffet had a great variety, with cereals, breads, oatmeal, waffles, juices, yogurt, and fresh fruit. The best part was the scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, bacon and link sausages. The waiters were very friendly and accommodating, refilling our coffee often. The breakfast room had a view of the marina. The front desk staff was friendly and eager to please. The place is old, but it didn't matter. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We recently stayed two weeks at the Golden Sails Long Beach, CA. Director of Sales Laura Giraud arranged our group reservations, training rooms, and menus throughout the two weeks stay. Laura was kind enough to host a Social Night for our group complete with great snacks. The accommodations were excellent, staff very friendly, and the food was great and hot! A first class location and pricing was excellent.

Thanks Laura, we'll see you again. Jim R.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior side of the hotel will not hear the traffic. Pool and Hot Tub were nice and c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Radford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I recently stayed in best western golden sails for two weeks on a business trip and was blown away with the staff at the hotel and restaurant. The service was outstanding and my room was large and clean.

• Stayed March 2013
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I just completed a two week stay at the Golden Sails for business training. Although the property is older, it is in amazing condition. It is located close to the beach and has a great feel! The rooms were spacious and very clean. The entire property was kept clean and immaculate! The conference room we utilized each day was spacious and provided everything we required for a successful experience. The stay included all meals in the restaurant over looking the marina. The staff in the restaurant ensured we were treated well and would go out of their way to accommodate us! The hotel even set up a reception for our group the was a wonderful networking event. Thank you, Laura Giraud for all your work in making this trip a success!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Downs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for two nights last week and had a wonderful experience. The beautiful ladies at the desk were so friendly and helpful! Room was nice, breakfast was wonderful. Not sure why the negative remarks from other reviewers. We were quite satisfied with the room. Would stay again and we felt safe staying there.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main part of the hotel, used the elevator to get to our room. We cannot comment on...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

For the $125 a night I received a hard bed, a window unit heater and a/c. The tv volume wouldn't go up but half way, I have trouble hearing and made it almost impossible to watch tv. This hotel would be best served torn down the building a new multistory hotel and selling off the remaining land. It's old worn down and in serious need of a modern look. The elevator is pretty scary and as slow as a 102 year old. The microwave was for some reason removed from the room, and the hallway smelled, bad. If my class had not even there I would have moved. $125- night I expect more than a worn out, out dated 1960's slum.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BWGoldenSailsHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Golden Sails Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
A fair posting is as follows:
For the $125 a night I received a full breakfast buffet, lunch, dinner, drinks and other amenities. It is my understanding that the TV set is only two months old but I have trouble hearing and made it almost impossible to watch TV due to the volume limiting feature. Although the bed is only six months old, it is too hard for me. The microwave was for some reason removed from the room. If my class had not even there I would have moved. For $125- night I expect more.

Been to BEST WESTERN Golden Sails Hotel? Share your experiences!