“Modern upgrade, but classic problems” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Long Beach - International City to your Saves list
Motel 6 Long Beach - International City
Motel 6 Long Beach - International City
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1121 East Pacific Coast Highway, I-710 at SR 1/Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach, CA 90806   |
Ranked #35 of 58 hotels in Long Beach
Phoenix, Arizona
“Modern upgrade, but classic problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here for one evening. Had already realized the motel was in a "lively" neighborhood, but no major issues with crime/transients. Staff was polite & efficient.

Room looked very modern & minimalist; however, it was very hot when I checked in, & took a long time to cool off.

Bathroom: the new modernist towel holder was already popping loose, and the vessel sink didn't leave any room for toiletries. THE SHOWER TOOK 20+ MINUTES TO WARM UP.

Biggest issue: parking. I was barely able to get my pickup truck into a parking space when I checked in. But in the morning, I was completely blocked in by other vehicles, including two large trucks. Even though I had an early meeting, I had to wait for other vehicles to move & leave before I could painstakingly maneuver out of the lot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I recently stayed at this place... Its was cheap for long beach area... But arrive early and check the room beforehand... Our first room had dirty bed sheets and smelt strange, like dirty AC.... The room we stayed in was borderline...The bed sheets were also old. The internet worked okay and the fridge was a plus..

Room Tip: Arrive early and check your room beforehand...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there for a week, it was horrible! I had dead flies and ants everywhere! Bloody sheets! Burned sheets also! Dirty bathroom with hair balls stuck to the walls and the check in attendants just sit on there butt and use there phone. You can hear everything from each room. The location is in the straight hood!

• Stayed August 2012
Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is our favorite spot in Long Beach if you have a pet with you while visiting this city. When you check in just choose the 2nd Floor as the if you stay on the ground level you will hear footstep of the guest staying above you and its annoying because the floor squeak.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I travel for a living, and have stayed in high end hotels and budget motels. Over the last 2 months I've stayed at this motel because of the low rate and the close proximity to my work. I've dealt with the construction noise all day as I have slept (because of being a night worker), seen the multiple burns and stains in the carpet, bed spreads and linen, old cups in the dresser areas, and Apathy from the hotel staff. But the last straw was waking up with multiple itchy bumps on my leg, then seeing BUGS in the bed.
I called the front desk immediately then began to pack . Once the manager decided to come up and I showed him the bed, a bug in a tissue paper, and my leg, I was offered a room change, which I declined. I had to demand a refund and then was refunded 1 nights stay. I am seeking both nights as I am at a local laundry cleaning all of my clothes and praying I didn't take any bugs with me. Don't stay here. There are other low rate places available.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
calif
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

i actually stayed here not because i was traveling but because the building in which i live had a fire and the red cross found places for the tenants until we were able to return or get resituated elsewhere. (i was lucky, my unit didn't burn and i was able to return home in 6 days).it was really nice to be able to take my cats into the room with me without having to sneak them in. the manager was nice enough and certainly honest as he returned my money for the night when red cross gave him a voucher to cover me for another night. next door is IHOP and they are now open 24/7. the neighborhood is not the greatest by any means and certainly not one that i would be going for an evening stroll in after dark. but i did feel safe in my room and when i walked over to IHOP at night.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Long Beach - International City? Share your experiences!